Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accept the dare: 2P/1P's Unite against United

Accept the dare: 2P/1P's Unite against United

Closed Thread

Old Oct 1, 11, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Will you be answering the questions in post #2 and post #3?
I don't think they are the same person. Not the same handle at least.
Old Oct 1, 11, 2:30 am

Programs: UA GL*G (0.65 BIS MM), AA EXP, Wyndham Gold, Marriott Gold
What OP is doing sounds more like a survey about mileage plus for his marketing firm or shcool project more than anything. As basically all they need to know is your MP number and full name, nothing else, UA can already access all your information, location, year joined, EQM, lifetime miles. By not requiring MP number and full name already sound fishy to me, as anyone can claim they are such and such.

Besides, if anyone need their voice heard, it is more effective to send thru [elite contact points], or even facebook than some unknown source.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 1, 11 at 5:17 pm Reason: deleted specific references to non-published elite contact info.
Old Oct 1, 11, 9:17 am

Programs: CO/UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Au, Hilton Ag, IHG Pt
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kcblakely View Post
OMG. Is there anything in that list of data that might be useful to anyone at all in an identity-theft kinda way?
Yes.

Criminals broker all kinds and pieces of information. Combining them to make a juicier and thus more valuable profile, even without other pieces of information (like name and address), happens throughout that business.
Old Oct 1, 11, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kcblakely View Post
OMG. Is there anything in that list of data that might be useful to anyone at all in an identity-theft kinda way? No, there's not. Get over yourselves, folx....
Thank you for your commonsensical response. There are ethical considerations that prevent me from saying anything other that I was providing a potential to effect some change to the new MP. There was and is certainly no criminal intent, ulterior marketing intent, or any intent other than to capture a snapshot at a time certain of the level of discord among 2P/1P's with an opportunity to potentially mobilize multiple, unknown in number, disparate voices.

To respond to a few comments, the format that was requested, for example, the character limitation, was due to the raw program that could process the entries and also, de facto, to limit any diatribes. And of course people could make stuff up and make up different entries--I guess if people have that much time. I don't, and that is why I have single-digit posts. Finally, people's names and handles were requested in order to avoid duplicative entries. I am one that is extremely prudent when it comes to sensitive information, and what was requested was not sensitive...at all!
Old Oct 1, 11, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Seems like a lot of information to be providing without providing any game plan or specifics as to how this information will be used and communicated to United. Personally, a lot of big words but no substance.
Old Oct 1, 11, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold Card holder; UA 1.021MM; SPG/MR Pt-189/Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans View Post
There was and is certainly no criminal intent, ulterior marketing intent, or any intent other than to capture a snapshot at a time certain of the level of discord among 2P/1P's with an opportunity to potentially mobilize multiple, unknown in number, disparate voices.
So, in other words, people should all trust you with no reason provided to do so?

Rule #1 on survival on the planet Earth - never trust anyone who says "trust me".
Old Oct 1, 11, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Closed for Mod review.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA