UA MileagePlus 2012 Changes Dissected

Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:08 am

Original Poster

UA MileagePlus 2012 Changes Dissected

All the answers are here ... if you know the questions.

United MileagePlus 2012 Changes Dissected

-David
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

So this merger really happened to let me fly domestic F to HKG!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 4:15 am

Programs: United Gold
Awesome video
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

So this merger really happened to let me fly domestic F to HKG!
That was a highlight.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:51 am

737 to HKG? LOL. Congratulations United for finally making it to the level of AirAsia.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Outstanding! Everyone must watch that video.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
ah 737 to HKG, Maybe I should add that to my bucket list of crazy things to do in life?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
"Premier Unobtanium" is full of win in my book!

Someone here should really take a page out of the SkyMiles forum and make a Premier Unobtanium card.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:38 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Great job!^ They ought to use these 2 for the pre-departure safety video!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by InTheShed
737 to HKG? LOL. Congratulations United for finally making it to the level of AirAsia.
Comments like these always give me a laugh. The days of "trophy flying" empty planes to a destination are long since over. I fail to see any difference - same seat, same speed, same everything except one less aisle.

I for one prefer UA to be managed properly, tailoring capacity to demand and making a profit.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by jimmc66
Comments like these always give me a laugh. The days of "trophy flying" empty planes to a destination are long since over. I fail to see any difference - same seat, same speed, same everything except one less aisle.

I for one prefer UA to be managed properly, tailoring capacity to demand and making a profit.
Hmmm. Other Asian carriers fly HKG-SIN with wide body planes and they are just doing fine. Why is it that UA can't even sell their ticket when their price is almost at the bottom of all major airlines? Proper management?

But well, I guess changing a smaller plane and cutting elite benefits are the best UA could do to make it.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jimmc66
Well - there are just a few differences between a 737 and 777/747. Domestic F isn't quite the same seatwise as IPTE C/F or BF. Also, if marketed as regular Int'l Biz or regular F, you're not going to get the catering you would on an int'l bird.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
You're all failing to see the positive....free upgrades (hahaha) on SIN-HKG once the 738 starts

I flew HKG-SIN the other day on the 747. The plane was less than 1/4 full. UA is simply right-sizing the market. SQ can continue to operate A330's and B777's all day and probably have those flights full. But most O/D HKG-SIN traffic won't look to UA, the big American carrier, for seats. Of course, when I was looking at random UA was $199 while the other airlines were over $600.

-RM
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by rustyr
Great job!^ They ought to use these 2 for the pre-departure safety video!
Agree!!...Maybe they should hire the two as UA executives...they seem to be more like "airline" people than Jeff and his crew!!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Lots of inaccuracies in this silly video.

1 - GUM to other Asian destinations are CPU eligible - UA Insider and the chart online indicate as such

2 - GUM-HNL is only GPU eligible but that could change - again this can be found online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.