Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New MM program combines BIS with EQM-- examples please?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MM program combines BIS with EQM-- examples please?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
This is exactly what needs to be reposted multiple times. It answers EVERY question.
Sure...fine...Sounds great....HOWEVER....I can tell you from Jan 1, 2004, what my EQM's are, but before that, I didn't since we didn't get additional SWU's after a certain EQM level and flying 300,000+ during the early 2000's, I didn't count my *A flying from then (since UA was a strictly BIS program). So, trying to figure out prior to 2004 what my additional EQM's are is nebulous.

I would bet I am not the only one out there with this issue and trying to go through the purge data or whatever people have around that....
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Sure...fine...Sounds great....HOWEVER....I can tell you from Jan 1, 2004, what my EQM's are, but before that, I didn't since we didn't get additional SWU's after a certain EQM level and flying 300,000+ during the early 2000's, I didn't count my *A flying from then (since UA was a strictly BIS program). So, trying to figure out prior to 2004 what my additional EQM's are is nebulous.

I would bet I am not the only one out there with this issue and trying to go through the purge data or whatever people have around that....
Sure, lack of tracking is a personal issue that many will face... but it doesn't change what UA will and won't give credit for in the adjustment.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:36 pm

Sure, lack of tracking is a personal issue that many will face... but it doesn't change what UA will and won't give credit for in the adjustment.
Yeah I agree...But when you are trying to calculate it out, what was giving to CO flyers prior to 2004 that counted towards EQM's BESIDES *A or for them back then that "Skyteam thing" CC, etc. I am just trying to figure out what UA will and won't give for credit based on this.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Yeah I agree...But when you are trying to calculate it out, what was giving to CO flyers prior to 2004 that counted towards EQM's BESIDES *A or for them back then that "Skyteam thing" CC, etc. I am just trying to figure out what UA will and won't give for credit based on this.
You shouldn't have to care about the CO part of your balance, that's already on their website. It's the Lifetime Flight Miles. You'll get all of those.

The adjustment *only* happens to your UA lifetime miles.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:44 pm

You shouldn't have to care about the CO part of your balance, that's already on their website. It's the Lifetime Flight Miles. You'll get all of those.

The adjustment *only* happens to your UA lifetime miles.
ok... so, if I can get my *A credit right, I should be close to the adjustment number
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Law of Intended Consequences?

Originally Posted by goalie
Ok, so using the above examples, based on looking at my spreadsheets from 2004-2011*, it looks like i'm gong to get roughly an extra 180k which will put me just 94-95k short of 1MM

**which included DEQM/TEQM, CoS EQM bonuses thanks to IRROPS re-bookings , CC EQM's and a few other misc EQM postings
Is this too good to be true? Last week I was pondering how much of a push in 2012 I'd need to get to 1MM by year-end. But those "extra" miles via DEQM, CoS & IRROPS total about 45k. This should put me within reach of 1MM by the 3rd quarter of 2012

Last edited by BH62; Sep 23, 2011 at 3:54 pm Reason: corrected time estimate
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I have 788,000-ish miles and I suspect I will have 788,000-ish after the adjustment.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I have 788,000-ish miles and I suspect I will have 788,000-ish after the adjustment.
i found that amazing; do you never fly bmi or lh ? you are located in UK i think? Even adding the difference between lifetime miles and EQMs between lax and sfo mounts up on my list.

Boy, am i glad my greed for eqms made me fly LH in C when i couldnt fly UA (as opposed to other star carriers). No EQM benefit on TG or SQ or Austrian in C. Just rdm bonus.
On a tangent, i remember a time when the class of service 150% EQM was not referred to as a 'bonus'. Bonus miles were rdms.

Last edited by cranford; Sep 23, 2011 at 5:36 pm
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by cranford
i found that amazing; do you never fly bmi or lh ? you are located in UK i think? Even adding the difference between lifetime miles between lax and sfo and EQMs mounts up on my list.
Be careful.

Didn't you get a 500 mile minimum for EQM? Turns out that 500 mile minimum also shows up in the BIS calculation. (found that out a couple of years ago)

So, lifetime miles that UA reports are BIS miles except for legs < 500 miles in which case they are 500 miles/leg.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ryman554
Be careful.

Didn't you get a 500 mile minimum for EQM? Turns out that 500 mile minimum also shows up in the BIS calculation. (found that out a couple of years ago)

So, lifetime miles that UA reports are BIS miles except for legs < 500 miles in which case they are 500 miles/leg.
I believe (altho i was always exhausted when i checked) that my lifetime miles only went up by 337 or whatever it is, whereas my eqms went up by 500. Maybe there was a brief period when they were fiddling with the 500 minimum when i checked.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
For those considering requesting the infamous "purge printout", here's an interesting excerpt from the response I received from M+ today:
We're getting a huge number of requests for complete histories due to the announcement of the one-time recalibration scheduled for 12/31/11. Because we have to un-archive data, can only produce it in "green bar" report printed format, and also because the purged data print does not include EQM earned from other sources besides actual flight miles (such as promotional EQM or Visa EQM), we are denying requests that are not supported by a legal requirement such as a subpoena or an immigration requirement. To fulfill every request just to see if our accounting is correct would be hugely expensive and a massive waste of paper.

Sorry we can't help, but the recalibration should work just fine. Just remember that you won't see the lifetime total increase until after the merge of the MileagePlus and One Pass systems is complete (hopefully sometime in March, 2012).
Hopefully they will send us a summary of EQMs vs BIS by year since program inception for both M+ and OP so we have a good idea of how the reconciliation was achieved.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jet Yi
For those considering requesting the infamous "purge printout", here's an interesting excerpt from the response I received from M+ today:
We're getting a huge number of requests for complete histories due to the announcement of the one-time recalibration scheduled for 12/31/11. Because we have to un-archive data, can only produce it in "green bar" report printed format, and also because the purged data print does not include EQM earned from other sources besides actual flight miles (such as promotional EQM or Visa EQM), we are denying requests that are not supported by a legal requirement such as a subpoena or an immigration requirement. To fulfill every request just to see if our accounting is correct would be hugely expensive and a massive waste of paper.

Sorry we can't help, but the recalibration should work just fine. Just remember that you won't see the lifetime total increase until after the merge of the MileagePlus and One Pass systems is complete (hopefully sometime in March, 2012).
Hopefully they will send us a summary of EQMs vs BIS by year since program inception for both M+ and OP so we have a good idea of how the reconciliation was achieved.
Not surprised by this response from MP....Also, tell me about it trying to read the Purge Data report (I got 2 years ago) to determine some of this stuff.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Interesting...

I recently left CO for AA and did a PLAT challenge. I have about 120k lifetime miles with AA.

On *A I have
CO: 245k (2006-2011)
UA: 98k (2001-2006)

Total: 343k

No idea what my flight pattern was like on UA, but I do remember doing the promo LAX-BOS non-stop that gave me 35k bonus miles + 1 domestic ticket + 1 international ticket anywhere UA flew back in 2004..

Went to Tokyo in 2005 and MIA in 2004 then booked an award ticket to Buenos Aires...

We all miss those bubble days hahah This was on a CC with a 35k limit...

If I get anywhere between a 25-30% boost in lifetime miles, I will do a status challenge on UA in 2012 and fly with them since I need to do BOS-LAX once a month for at least the end of 2012 and their fares are cheaper than AA on the same route anyway
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by cranford
i found that amazing; do you never fly bmi or lh ? you are located in UK i think? Even adding the difference between lifetime miles and EQMs between lax and sfo mounts up on my list.

Boy, am i glad my greed for eqms made me fly LH in C when i couldnt fly UA (as opposed to other star carriers). No EQM benefit on TG or SQ or Austrian in C. Just rdm bonus.
On a tangent, i remember a time when the class of service 150% EQM was not referred to as a 'bonus'. Bonus miles were rdms.
I might have some on Air NZ, and some on LH now you mention it. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I'm guessing between TG, LH and US flights, plus DEQM, rollover and anything else I'm not thinking clearly about, I'll get an extra 100K+.

I'll be positioned with 2-3 years of 1K flying to get 1MM. This is much better than I envisioned, but that doesn't really make me happy as the loss of MM benefits overrides the unexpected decision to keep 1MM as the Gold level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.