Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1st time going to HNL - which product is best, CO or UA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1st time going to HNL - which product is best, CO or UA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AY Gold, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Yes, you should be able to route via Asia, but I recommend connecting in Istanbul instead as it is shorter and you get to fly Turkish and its wonderful 777-300ER business class product- IMO way superior to Austrian.
Wow...I was'nt aware of that......Unfortunately the current political situation between Israel and Turkey is very problematic so I can't see me flying TK (although they still run 4 flights a day TLV-IST).
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:37 am

I personally would go by schedule and shortest flight time; i.e., go direct. I've flown the route several times, both in coach and business. The CO service in first was underwhelming to say the least, so next time I will just go coach. The 767-4 on the route is reasonably new, and even without E+ I was fine (6'2").
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AY Gold, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Going TLV-IST-NRT-HNL is about 500 miles shorter, and you get to fly on TK which, IMO, has a better C product than CO/UA.

You could go a little further to VIE and fly VIE-NRT-HNL on OS (which has amazing food in C).

I love Hawaii, but I cringe at the thought of a C award that takes you 1/2 way around the world on UA/CO metal...gross!
Talked to 2 agents at the Elite desk - they sounded pretty baffled by the question and then gave a me an answer that it can't be done that route.
They basicly say that TLV-FRA/VIE/IST and then FRA/VIE/IST - NRT -HNL would be "backtracking". But when I asked them if i were to go from let's say FRA-NRT-HNL , they said that it still does not let them price the itinerary.

Has anyone done something like this successfully before? Do you think i should call someone other than the Elite desk?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by channa
I recall a while back when you thought some people were nuts when they declined upgrades on the 763 domestic F.
And that had nothing to do with the catering while this decision mostly did. But excellent job trying to twist things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.