Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Going For 1MM Today

I will cross the MM mark on CM 194 from PTY to MEX its been a good 8 Years to reach the mark looking foward to the next MM.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by MARIOCASTRO777
I will cross the MM mark on CM 194 from PTY to MEX its been a good 8 Years to reach the mark looking foward to the next MM.
Congrats and welcome to the club. Hopefully the recalc will give you a good jump start to the 2MM mark.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Congrats and welcome to the club. Hopefully the recalc will give you a good jump start to the 2MM mark.
I'm going to guess maybe not, if he got those miles on CO.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

I suppose only UA and CO BIS miles and Elite Bonus Miles will be taken into account for the readjusted count -- but not Star Alliance flights that are not UA code-share flights.

The new "re-arranged" count should take me above 2MM status.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by CDG1
I suppose only UA and CO BIS miles and Elite Bonus Miles will be taken into account for the readjusted count -- but not Star Alliance flights that are not UA code-share flights.
If they were *A flights which earned EQM's and were credited to UAMP, then they will be taken into account in the readjustment.
The new "re-arranged" count should take me above 2MM status.
Congrats!!

Dave
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

Originally Posted by bseller
If they were *A flights which earned EQM's and were credited to UAMP, then they will be taken into account in the readjustment.

Dave
This was always the case, correct, or they would not show on my account.
Then come the double bonus miles from these *A flights. I doubt they will credit those in the re-adjustment?

If they count all double bonus miles that came with my *A flights EQMs then I may even reach 3MM status.

I wish I could get hold of my lifetime flights history. I joined Mileage+ in 1990... been a while.... always earned Elite status from first year on.

Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
This was always the case, correct, or they would not show on my account.
Fair nuff!! Agreed!
Then come the double bonus miles from these *A flights. I doubt they will credit those in the re-adjustment?
If you're talking about the bonus RDMs from your STATUS that gave you these miles, then NO, they won't be credited. If they happened to be DEQM - of which I am not familiar - then they would be.
If they count all double bonus miles that came with my *A flights EQMs then I may even reach 3MM status.
See above, it must be EQM and not double RDM. I am guessing that you are referring to RDMs.
I wish I could get hold of my lifetime flights history. I joined Mileage+ in 1990... been a while.... always earned Elite status from first year on.
You're a veritable YOUNGSTER!! hahaha LOL!!

Dave
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by eltdog
Thanks SF1K !!! I completely agree with you !!! As I said in my post, United completely screwed existing 1MMs in this deal. They could and should grandfather us to Premier Platinum status. 50% bonus miles and 3rd in priority is a SERIOUS downgrade. I stress this again... Obtaining 1MM status up to now was much more difficult because it only counted paid flying miles. Now with this one-time adjustment for United that now are 1MMs and the merger with the Continental 1MMs, there will be way more 1MMs now who I am sure are very happy about this new plan. They're the real winners.

The big fat losers are United's existing 1MMs. Thanks for nothing!
I'll send UA a strong suggestion that, at least, the program be amended to allow for some modest choice.

As it stands now there are clear winners and losers. If you're, say a business traveler, with a spouse or significant other at home to nominate, you're something of a winner as some fortunate folks have mentioned above. OTOH Mrs. Fredd and I are retired leisure flyers with exactly the same status, and we're losers.

Add to this loosening the criteria for MM flyers, adding a tier above the current 1P, and halving the bonus miles and we're left with little to celebrate about our MM status.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Fredd

As it stands now there are clear winners and losers. If you're, say a business traveler, with a spouse or significant other at home to nominate, you're something of a winner as some fortunate folks have mentioned above.
In this world there are many travelers that are widowed and without a significant other. Those people are shafted with the new million mile change of taking away the CR-1s and only having the option to chose the regional upgrades as an alternative. Shame on United.

Add to this loosening the criteria for MM flyers, adding a tier above the current 1P, and halving the bonus miles and we're left with little to celebrate about our MM status.
I relied on the written benefits associated with earning million mile status. I stayed loyal to United to earn million mile status and now what did I get? The shaft. Boy, did I learn a thing or two about how United does not give a hoot about loyalty.
-
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by eltdog
...United completely screwed existing 1MMs in this deal. They could and should grandfather us to Premier Platinum status.
Why? Premier Executive is the 50k level in the PMUA program. Premier Gold is the 50k level in the new MP program. You can't be grandfathered in at the 75k level, because you were promised and given (for life) the 50k level. I can understand the cmplaints about the spouse benefit. I can't understand how you feel entitled to a higher status level than what you were promised.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I can't understand how you feel entitled to a higher status level than what you were promised.
That's fairly easy to understand IMHO. 1P has long been just one step below 1K.

Now it's two steps below.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:15 am

EXACTLY. Thanks Fredd. Plus, the reduction of bonus miles from 100% to 50% is a definite downgrade.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: UA GS

Unfortunately, there is no prohibition in creating a new tier. Would not be surprised to see a Galactic Services (GS2) within the next 10 years.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

You're barking up the wrong tree with that argument. 1P has also lng been the 50k level with nothing at the 75k level.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
You're barking up the wrong tree with that argument. 1P has also lng been the 50k level with nothing at the 75k level.
Wf! You said you didn't understand, and I was just explaining it to you.

As LAXOGG points out, there's nothing to keep UA from adding new tiers at 5000 mile intervals from 50,000 on up if it fits their marketing strategy.

What if, to make a nice little reductio ad absurdum argument, UA added 10 new tiers between MM and the soon-to-be-former 1K? Would that still adhere to the spirit of the MM program?

As a dog checking out your revised MM program tree, I'd be doing something other than barking up it (or on it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.