Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:03 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Overall, I (1.4M) and my wife (1.3M) are OK with the changes, as we are both 1MM on our own (How else do you stay married for 43 years ).

I was hoping that CO/UA would get really creative to blow away the competion and come up with some type of 'Family' program where they would add the (in our case) 1.4 and 1.3 and give us status based on 2.7M. It would sure incentivise us to go for 3 MM.

Perhaps next year...............
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCA writer
Now I really do wish I'd kept a spreadsheet of my annual EQM totals. This won't get me anywhere close to 1MM, but it may make the remaining distance seem... well, less unimaginably vast and more like something I might hit before I retire.
Not sure if it is still possible or might help you, but 2-3 years ago I emailed OnePass and they sent me a word document detailing each years activity from when I joined in 1994. It also showed status levels.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:15 am
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
After reading what I could here--all I can say is I'm glad I"ll be hitting 2MM on AA next month.^ It looks like current UA 1MM flyers get a serious downgrade.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by jss
After reading what I could here--all I can say is I'm glad I"ll be hitting 2MM on AA next month.^ It looks like current UA 1MM flyers get a serious downgrade.
Current are okay, they are grandfathered. Its the new ones esp those so close but not over the line getting screwed with the new 'benefits' ... Oh, well no surprise and even a bit less painful than expected
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Overall, I (1.4M) and my wife (1.3M) are OK with the changes, as we are both 1MM on our own (How else do you stay married for 43 years ).
That's cute. My dad is at about 900K, but will definitely be MM on the new program, maybe even 2MM as he did all paid C/F and also a lot of other *A airlines. My mom is no where near, having mostly travelled for free on his tickets when he was still flying. But I think she would conquer that there 48 years of marriage (this November) would be in part to him having travelled alot.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 21, 2011 at 10:39 am Reason: fix html
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:23 am
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Current are okay, they are grandfathered. Its the new ones esp those so close but not over the line getting screwed with the new 'benefits' ... Oh, well no surprise and even a bit less painful than expected
Yes we are grandfathered but it seems we are going from PE to PG--wheras PP has most of the benefits we have been getting now.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:23 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by joanek
What exactly will the bonus bump for lifetime status be made up of? Just credit card spending and class of service? Or will those past DEQMs count? What about the status bonus miles earned? (can you tell I'm somewhat close???)
The message said EQMs, would assume it included all of the above. That is the way the CO system worked and in would appear this one time adjustment is an alignment process.

Originally Posted by brianfromwa
In terms of seating priority, is there a difference b/w a MM who earns the lifetime 1k (even if they didn't get it for this year), the gifted spouse/SO 1k, and someone who BIS'd a 1k for that year?
In the past, how one earned a status level has not been a factor, doubt it will in the future either.

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I am correct in thinking it may be time to start using CO and UA credit cards heavily to boost to the next MM level?
Only if it earns EQMs before the end of 2011

Originally Posted by Firewind
Unfortunately, for extreme travelers, if they haven't done it from jump, it's well-nigh impossible. Not even the grand compilation that many of us ordered/received has this broken out.

BUT, if UACO thinks it can, then there's every good reason for them to have and provide this to MP members ASAP, because it's a huge business driver. Win for them and for us.

SO, Mr. O'Leary, does UACO have this information already, or can you tell us how soon we can ask, and how? ....
UA does have the lifetime flight data for all MP members (as had been noted a couple of times in this thread) and given the nature of this program would would assume they have all the history data needed. I think as far as when, there is a lot going on and individual asking is just a waste of resources. Let the process work.

Originally Posted by SF1K
Just to understand the 1 time calibration.

I currently have about 1.43 million UA lifetime miles. Going back to 2004 (I don't think there was any COS bonus or DEQM before that anyway) I calculate about 370K EQM miles that are not part of this total. So I add those together, giving me 1.8 million UA liftime miles. I then have only about 15K CO miles, so the grand total will be 1,815,000 for the new program. So I'll be at the 1MM level, but I only need to earn 185,000 BIS miles going forward to move up to the 2MM level.

Correct? ....
Don't forgot *A flights

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 21, 2011 at 11:07 am Reason: self merge
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Why are they getting screwed? Both current and anybody joining the ranks in the future will be at the same levels?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
As a single person I also would have been happier to continue to get regional upgrades and a future lifetime RCC membership. But, I intend to take full use of the "significant other" benefit even if my relationship with the person isn't quite as significant as UA would prefer!

Clarification question... it's only EQM's that will be calculated? Just want to be sure we're not talking about bonus elite RDM's or RDM's earned from credit card purchases?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Why are they getting screwed? Both current and anybody joining the ranks in the future will be at the same levels?
UA MM benefits today get you premex not premier because it is a harder earn, being so close but not over the line, the prize just changed to premier .... Thats a loss imo
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
UA MM benefits today get you premex not premier because it is a harder earn, being so close but not over the line, the prize just changed to premier .... Thats a loss imo
The "prize" is Premier Gold, the new name for "premex" as you put it.

Nothing changed there.

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Clarification question... it's only EQM's that will be calculated? Just want to be sure we're not talking about bonus elite RDM's or RDM's earned from credit card purchases?
The website states all bonus EQM. Check the website, it answers most questions.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 21, 2011 at 10:43 am
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Just to understand the 1 time calibration.

I currently have about 1.43 million UA lifetime miles. Going back to 2004 (I don't think there was any COS bonus or DEQM before that anyway) I calculate about 370K EQM miles that are not part of this total. So I add those together, giving me 1.8 million UA liftime miles. I then have only about 15K CO miles, so the grand total will be 1,815,000 for the new program. So I'll be at the 1MM level, but I only need to earn 185,000 BIS miles going forward to move up to the 2MM level.

Correct?
Sounds good. I would add the TEQM's (from a few years back) and CC's earned on this as well. The other point you made on 2004 with COS and DEQM calculation is right on the UA side.

However, the real question is when did that start on the CO side? (CO people need to chime in on this start date). If it started earlier than that, then your COS and DEQM should go back to that start date.@:-)
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
CO MMers just got a windfall, good for them.
1) UA fliers are happy because they are getting the EQM adjustment
2) CO fliers are happy because MM is now Gold instead of Silver

Well done all around!
I second the comment. While it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time, this program seems to have done an outstanding job of pleasing most of the people.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:46 am

I love this change, although I have to imagine that this will create even more elite inflation.

The lifetime GS benefit is pretty crazy. You could ostensibly fly United as 1K on cheap fares and then one day make GS.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:48 am
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DCA writer
Now I really do wish I'd kept a spreadsheet of my annual EQM totals. This won't get me anywhere close to 1MM, but it may make the remaining distance seem... well, less unimaginably vast and more like something I might hit before I retire.
Since the beginning of 2007, once I started getting close to earning real status, I started tracking activity in a spreadsheet (booking dates, flight dates, price, BIS, EQM's--both UA & *A, --lifetime miles, date cleared for upgrade, etc). So I have a 4 year history after leaving the GM category when I was a much more casual flyer. But I bet my very accurate records will not correspond with the recalibration--and probably it will be impossible to argue the point, since we will probably just get an aggregate adjustment without any detail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.