Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA MM had absolutely no impact on UA upgrade priority and no formal priority for meals (occasional FA may have given priority but nothing formal)

This thread's (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-threads.html) premise was extensively dis-proven.
From that thread...

Well there is the lifetime 1P and the bonus 3 SWUs and the annual 2 CR1s (or special reward in the future )- does seem to be something. plus GS is out the reach of many of us. MM status, as is, will be good enough for me.
We do have our memories...
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by Hiro32
I've been wondering why elites with MM status don't have special upgrade priority since I became a UA 1MMer

i.e.
GS MM>GS>1K MM>1K>0P MM>0P>1P MM>1P ....
and also of course within MM
4MM>3MM>2MM>1MM
UA doesn't want to give 1MMers lifetime 0P status, so this means something.
I couldn't agree more. MM status should be used to prioritize upgrades and meals. A 1k MM should clear before a 1K, a Platinum MM should clear before a Plat, etc. Additionally a 3MM should beat a 2MM, who should beat a 1MM within each status. It can't be that hard to program that into the new system and really does help reward longtime loyalty.

It would also be nice if it was printed on your boarding pass as 1K Million instead of 1K.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by mogulskiir

I couldn't agree more. MM status should be used to prioritize upgrades and meals. A 1k MM should clear before a 1K, a Platinum MM should clear before a Plat, etc. Additionally a 3MM should beat a 2MM, who should beat a 1MM within each status. It can't be that hard to program that into the new system and really does help reward longtime loyalty.

It would also be nice if it was printed on your boarding pass as 1K Million instead of 1K.
With all due respect, have you not been reading this thread. Loyalty and million mile status is now a joke.

To EARN million mile status on the Mileage Plus, you had to sit in a United plane and fly one million miles.

Now, with the demotion of the status and the former Continental people in charge of Mileage Plus, all you have to be is a spouse or a "significant other" to have the same million mile status as those of us who had to earn the status the real way, like flying and paying a fare to accumulate the million miles.

The spouse does not have to pay one cent to United and still be awarded the same status as the million miler. How about that for loyalty? More like discrimination instead of loyalty.

Of course, if you ask those whose spouse or S/O got the elite status, the whole idea is wonderful and great.

Does anyone from the Continental team who now runs the United program know anything about fairness? Or logic?

Don't count on loyalty with the new former Continental management.
-
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
I don't believe spouses will be designated as million milers. Is that the way it works on CO?

Also, I never had any expectation of getting special priority as a million miler beyond what a 1P would get, although I've been pleasantly surprised a number of times when an agent or FA has commented about it and do feel that sometimes they try a bit harder than they otherwise might.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Do we even know if there is going to be a "million mile" classification? a la UAMP, which had 1MM somewhat prioritized to 1P.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
With all due respect, have you not been reading this thread. Loyalty and million mile status is now a joke.

To EARN million mile status on the Mileage Plus, you had to sit in a United plane and fly one million miles.

Now, with the demotion of the status and the former Continental people in charge of Mileage Plus, all you have to be is a spouse or a "significant other" to have the same million mile status as those of us who had to earn the status the real way, like flying and paying a fare to accumulate the million miles.

The spouse does not have to pay one cent to United and still be awarded the same status as the million miler. How about that for loyalty? More like discrimination instead of loyalty.

Of course, if you ask those whose spouse or S/O got the elite status, the whole idea is wonderful and great.

Does anyone from the Continental team who now runs the United program know anything about fairness? Or logic?

Don't count on loyalty with the new former Continental management.
-
With all due respect if you had read this thread you would see that I have posted a couple times stating that I actually like this because I do have a wife who doesn't like the fact that I have to be gone all the time for work and doesn't travel enough to make 1K on her own. Now she can have a higher status which is a benefit that earns UA money because I will buy all her travel on UA now also. So for me this is MOSTLY good. I'm NOT happy about losing the CR1's which I also posted about. I think as I said before they should trade the one time gifts for the spouse status, but keep the CR1's since they were promised for life. BTW I earned MM the hard way a while ago on UA.
Second where does it say that my wife would be a 1K MM? She would be a 1K. Hence my point a 1K MM would get upgrade priority over the spouse who was matched to 1K from this program if she was traveling without me. It just makes sense to include MM status in the upgrade process. 1K MM should be a higher status level than 1K, and the same for Plat and Gold.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Do we even know if there is going to be a "million mile" classification? ....
given both programs had it and it is highlight in the 2012 announcements, I would suspect yes.
Originally Posted by nmenaker
... a la UAMP, which had 1MM somewhat prioritized to 1P.
How?? never noticed MM "status" ever having an impact
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold
Do Flights Flown on Partner Airlines Count Towards Million Mile Status in the New MP?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it in the other threads. Am I reading the changes for 2012 correctly that partner flights(US Airways, Lufthansa, etc..) will not count towards the million mile levels on the new United.

Thanks,

Texan6

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 5, 2011 at 3:45 pm Reason: vague thread title
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
There are many threads here about the general topic, but my understanding is flights on allied airlines has never counted towards million mile status. It is only on United metal. Could be wrong, but that has been my understanding.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
There will a one time change allowing partner credit to go towards MM credit when the CO/UA Mileage Plus merge occurs Jan 1, 2012. After the merged accounts it will only be UA flights.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold
Thanks for the quick responses! That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. That will be a huge hit for those of us that uses overseas Star Alliance carriers for a good portion of flying.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
There are many threads here about the general topic, but my understanding is flights on allied airlines has never counted towards million mile status. It is only on United metal. Could be wrong, but that has been my understanding.
On UA, that's correct. On CO, they counted. Major hit for me as well.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
my understanding is flights on allied airlines has never counted towards million mile status.
It did for OnePass, which is why they're making the one-time change when merging the programs.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
How?? never noticed MM "status" ever having an impact
Correct. MM status never has any impact on waitlist priorities. A GA or FA or reservation agent may make lip service to refer to your MM status, but the computer does not differentiate among 1K2MM, 1K1MM or a 1K0MM.

The MM status gives you lifetime MP premier status. How would an iron 1K0MM feel if, in WL for upgrade, being trumped by a 1K3MM who have not flown 100K for the past several years? In the current system the two 1Ks have the same priority. If MM status is an additional credential, then 1K3MM > 1K. Likewise, a 1P2MM (currently 1P1MM) who flies less than 50K miles a year will trump an iron 1P without the MM status.

I will be >3MM immediately after the recalculation, so I rather be wrong, but unfortunately that will not be the case.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
The MM status gives you lifetime MP premier status. How would an iron 1K0MM feel if, in WL for upgrade, being trumped by a 1K3MM who have not flown 100K for the past several years?
I don't understand this part... I don't feel anything if 1K0MM is trumped by 1K3MM.
1K0MM could be a spouse or S/O of MM, but not 1K3MM, I assume.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.