Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by TallTexan
All, I've waded through this thread carefully over the last few days, and just want to validate something. I will end this year with at least 980K lifetime CO miles, and could possibly get to 1MM. I had previously thought I'd need to work this carefully, but it now appears to me there is NO REASON for me to stretch (mileage run, etc.) for the 1MM goal this calendar year.

Am I missing ANYTHING in this conclusion?

I will hit it next year easily, even without my whopping ~3,500 lifetimes miles on UA classic.
I am in the same boat on the UA side, even closer to MM status. As I understand it, if we achieve UA MM status this year, we get the 3 SWUs and 2 region upgrades. If we achieve MM status in 2012, we don't get these. So the question is whether these are worth doing mileage runs this year, which may depend on how easy these upgrades will be to actually use in the future. Any thoughts on this anyone?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, cattle-class with many others
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Assuming your status in 2012 is equal to or better then Gold/1P and the spousal benefit in 2012 is of no value to you (or did CO provide that mid-year?), then your conclusion is probably OK.
Thanks WineCountryUA. I am a CO Plat & UA 1K (linked accounts) so that's not an issue. Regarding spousal status match, this is the CURRENT CO policy per their web site:

If I am a Million Miler, when can I call to enroll my spouse or significant other to have my same Elite status?
If your Lifetime Flight Mile balance is one million miles or more, you are considered a Million Miler and may contact the OnePass Service Center to request your companion Elite status. You can do this even if you have not yet received anything in the mail from us.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by TallTexan
Thanks WineCountryUA. I am a CO Plat & UA 1K (linked accounts) so that's not an issue. Regarding spousal status match, this is the CURRENT CO policy per their web site:

If I am a Million Miler, when can I call to enroll my spouse or significant other to have my same Elite status?
If your Lifetime Flight Mile balance is one million miles or more, you are considered a Million Miler and may contact the OnePass Service Center to request your companion Elite status. You can do this even if you have not yet received anything in the mail from us.
Somewhere in another thread it was noted by UA Insider that as of September 26 one could register on-line at http://www.united.com/thanksamillion - at least for those who had linked their accounts.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Assuming your status in 2012 is equal to or better then Gold/1P and the spousal benefit in 2012 is of no value to you (or did CO provide that mid-year?), then your conclusion is probably OK.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../lifetime.aspx says that one pass mmers are confirmed within 4 weeks of the milestone. Aremyou saying the mileage plus mmers have to wait until January to confirm the status?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mre5765
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../lifetime.aspx says that one pass mmers are confirmed within 4 weeks of the milestone. Aremyou saying the mileage plus mmers have to wait until January to confirm the status?
nope, as the others responsed to, it was a question of when the companion benefit could be added. Only once a year or anything... it appears it is anything but only changed once a year.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Something between ICC and 1K call center?

12. No dedicated phone line. Double trouble to pay to talk to ICC. Insult to injury. A deal breaker for me.
[QUOTE=WineCountryUA;17167698] 1Ps are not routed to ICC
QUOTE]

I based my disappointment on the 2012 list of benefits - "Priority phone line" is listed for all elites but 1K has a "dedicated line". Silver/Gold/Platinum doesn't specify a dedicated line. If it isn't specified, I assumed we went into the herd and were simply prioriitized by being put to the front of the line. No need to wait 10 minutes to have a mind-numbing conversation with an ICC agent.

I've been 1K for a while so rarely deal with any other phone contact.

Is there a "dedicated" phone number for lesser elites that connects to good, American speaking agents? That would be significant.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
It was a little hard to pick this up, but it seems that the two benefits of the MM are:

1) Keeping a higher status after you start flying less of switch to another airline.

2) Having your spouse/SO get your current status regardless of what MM elite status your entitled to. So for example, if I hit 1MM and am entitled to PG, but have an annual 1k status, then my spouse will get to share my 1k status. This seems like a pretty attractive benefit. I assume it could go to a parent, child, sibling, etc as well.

It also sounds like MM PP and MM 1k will still get you the GPUs and RPUs, which is also a good deal

Finally for those where both spouses have high annual tier plus MM status, this sounds like a good deal too because you can then give your annual status to two kids, two parents, two friends, etc.

One other thing, the post says that going forward MM will be based on actual flights miles. I assume this is not correct and that it will be based on actual "PAID" flight miles. This has always seemed a little funny to me. If I use miles for an upgrade award, I get MM credit, but if I use them for an award ticket I don't. Doesn't quite seem right especially since UA is often better off revenue wise when I use an award ticket instead of an UG.

Last edited by 5khours; Sep 25, 2011 at 7:06 pm
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wxguy
Somewhere in another thread it was noted by UA Insider that as of September 26 one could register on-line at http://www.united.com/thanksamillion - at least for those who had linked their accounts.
This link doesn't work for me.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:55 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
This link doesn't work for me.
Perhaps because it is not yet September 26.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
My parents just told me that their friend died on Friday. She and her husband have flown CO for many years, frequently, in paid F/J, and to my understanding he was a Platinum for several years. The first thoughts that went through my mind was "Were either of them MM'ers? If so, what level? If he is a million miler and she isn't, how is he going to feel now that his wife has died two days after the new MM program was announced? How is he going to feel about having a spousal benefit he cannot use, and cannot give to one of his kids?"

How sad is that?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by 5khours
It also sounds like MM PP and MM 1k will still get you the GPUs and RPUs
Only if you fly 75k and 100k. The 1k 3mmer program was devalued over a year ago when 1k was devalued at the same time. Before, 3mmers got 6 swus every January and 2 cr1s each quarter of 10k bis.
Originally Posted by SS255
My parents just told me that their friend died on Friday. She and her husband have flown CO for many years, frequently, in paid F/J, and to my understanding he was a Platinum for several years. The first thoughts that went through my mind was "Were either of them MM'ers? If so, what level? If he is a million miler and she isn't, how is he going to feel now that his wife has died two days after the new MM program was announced? How is he going to feel about having a spousal benefit he cannot use, and cannot give to one of his kids?"

How sad is that?
If my wife dies, the last thing I will worry about is that I cannot share my MMer status.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nor4
.... Is there a "dedicated" phone number for lesser elites that connects to good, American speaking agents? That would be significant.
1Ps presently are routed to a USA based call center
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-routed.html
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by mre5765
Only if you fly 75k and 100k. The 1k 3mmer program was devalued over a year ago when 1k was devalued at the same time. Before, 3mmers got 6 swus every January and 2 cr1s each quarter of 10k bis.
If so then why the statement in the description of MM benefits.....

"The spousal premier benefits will be identical as the member, except they will not include RPUs and GPUs."

The is seems to imply that the member does get RPUs and GPUs.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
"The spousal premier benefits will be identical as the member, except they will not include RPUs and GPUs."
I presume this means that if the 3MM/1K member flies sufficiently to receive RPUs/GPUs then the spouse will not receive them.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

I hope you're right, but I think this instead refers to the MM member who gets RPUs and GPUs by virtue of his/her annual status, not lifetime status.

This and related issues have come up repeatedly in different forms in a few different threads. It would be good if UA addressed them here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.