Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:15 pm

The Blue Angels weren't cancelled, but curtailed ... so you could've seen them depart had you stayed.

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Thanks to UA Insider and the United family for including us in this great event again this year. ^

The tarmac was less crowded (both in terms of people and machines) this year than last, so my friend and I left fairly early. Glad we didn't wait for the Blue Angels to depart as their show canceled due to fog.

Here are my photos from this afternoon.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by malgudi
The Blue Angels weren't cancelled, but curtailed ... so you could've seen them depart had you stayed.
Good to know and I'm glad folks got to enjoy the show after all. ^
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
An absolutely wonderful day was had by all. THANKS UA INSIDER!!

Lurker
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Thanks!

A really BIG THANK YOU^
For the first time I was able to attend and had a great time. I so hope we can go again next year.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Thanks UA and UA Insider for inviting us to the event. It was also nice to meet some of the FTers!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:43 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Thanks for this event! We had a great time.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:56 am

Smile

Thank you UA and UA Insider! We had a great time!! Was absolutely wonderful to hang around with the Blue Angels and also gawk at the engines in the engine-maintenance shop.^^
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by max787
Thank you UA and UA Insider! We had a great time!! Was absolutely wonderful to hang around with the Blue Angels and also gawk at the engines in the engine-maintenance shop.^^
First time I had been in the Test Cell and that was impressive. I can only imagine what it is like when they have an engine running in there...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Thanks again, United, for a wonderful event!

Here's a link to my full review with lots of pictures and video.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UNITED863
Thanks again, United, for a wonderful event!

Here's a link to my full review with lots of pictures and video.
Nice job on the pics and video ^ but if I may , we not only won last year but the year before that as well so as they say, "hat-trick" (and a natural one at that)
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: CI Emerald, UA 1K, AA
A little late, I know, but I thought I'd post a birds eye view of the area, post festivities.

Taken on the climb-out on UA857, which was delayed that day because of equipment issues. The aircraft they used to replace the original one was N127UA, which did duty that day as the 747-400 in the airshow fly-bys. After landing from show duties, it was immediately requisitioned for our flight. We took off shortly after the show wrapped up.

Would have loved to attend the actual event, but my travel schedule didn't allow it. However, because of the delay, we got a great view of the show from the UA International Lounge.

Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Is it too early to ask whether the Family Day will be happening again this year and whether FTers will be invited?

Greg
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:24 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by greg99
Is it too early to ask whether the Family Day will be happening again this year and whether FTers will be invited?

Greg
Yup-too early but if you build it, they will come and if true to form, there will be a formal announcement here on FT both in this forum and in the Community Buzz forum (and if also true to form, keep the weekend of October 7th open as it has traditionally been held over the Columbus Day w/e )
==
And now a shameless plug for a good cause
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ffle-draw.html
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
I searched, but there doesn't seem to have been a mention of Fleet Week or the UA/CO Family Day for this year. Any word?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by legionnaire
I searched, but there doesn't seem to have been a mention of Fleet Week or the UA/CO Family Day for this year. Any word?
10/7

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.