Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Booze Selection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Costco
Free Booze on Continental Transpacific

Flying Continental for the first time in Economy.

Is it free booze in economy? Like UA is on the transpacific flights.

If not, does Continental accept the Drink Chits from UA?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by muc2asia

CO doesn't serve free booze in Y on any flight. Alcohol is $6 for beer, $7 for wine/liquor/vodka... Officially, UA and CO have reciprocal policies, accepting drink chits for both. There are reports that some FAs don't always accept them though
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond, SPG Gold (lifetime)
CO Currency valid in 2012?

I have a boatload of CO Currency from the days we received it and other goodies like luggage tags and PC passes (still have few of these too w/o expiry dates). Anyone know if these will be good after CO officially goes away? I have a trans-atlantic trip with the family next summer and will certainly need a few pops to make it through
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: Fallen UA Premier Silver and one-time 1K, AA EXP, DL steerage
Originally Posted by dalston
I like Goose Island beers too and would drink a ton of Honkers Ale if it were on united. But realistically they need a beer in cans and which is widely available at least at domestic hubs without having to fly it around themselves. The beer that might meet both these criteria is fat tire, but even then I don't know how widely available the canned version is.
Honkers Ale is a good choice for the reasons mentioned above. As for Heineken (the int'l brand), it'll do in a pinch but can we at least get a fourth option? I'm not saying Staropramen (very hard to find), but at least Stella Artois or Carlsberg?!?!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by millburnmike
I have a boatload of CO Currency from the days we received it and other goodies like luggage tags and PC passes (still have few of these too w/o expiry dates). Anyone know if these will be good after CO officially goes away? I have a trans-atlantic trip with the family next summer and will certainly need a few pops to make it through
Yeah, you should be good. Two weeks ago I was in the RC club, and though I have a PC club membership, I have spare PC cards. When asked about the PC passes working, "to the best of her knowledge" the desk assistant said they should work as there was no word otherwise. When she asked if any of them had expiration dates on them, "like some of these do" as she held up about a stack of 40 cards (and my jaw dropped with salivation pouring out), I said, no, all the remaining cards I have dont have expiration dates. (I did at one time have about 50 PC cards, but alas, my friends and co-workers have taken me to the cleaners and I remain with only about 10 now )

As far as CO currency, the same trip I used a couple and the domestic flight attendents on UA didnt even blink. No problem.

Of course things could change, but not likely. I dont think there are enough left out there to cause a major concern for them to stop honoring them.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: their are many of them
United REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY needs a german beer for the flights to and from Germany.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia

Yes, UA chits are usable on CO and vice/versa.
However I've had a CO crew member not knowing whether it would work or not. She scanned the bar code on the certificate and -- voila -- it was accepted. So if you do encounter this reaction, ask them to do just that.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA MM
I would really prefer new beer selections. Not a Heineken or Miller Lite fan.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Costco
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Yes, UA chits are usable on CO and vice/versa.
However I've had a CO crew member not knowing whether it would work or not. She scanned the bar code on the certificate and -- voila -- it was accepted. So if you do encounter this reaction, ask them to do just that.
Do they accept expired drink chits? UA FAs don't care. They will accept without even looking at the dates.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Do they accept expired drink chits? UA FAs don't care. They will accept without even looking at the dates.
Agreed. Often I've had really nice FAs who, when I present them with a drink chit, just tell me to keep it and give me the drink for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.