Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Questions re: MileagePlus Flex PQP ( was Flex PQM)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Benefits unique to the Chase MP Presidential Plus card (closed and not available for new cardholders)
- 1000 FPQM per $5,000 spend (or 0.2 / $1)
- FPQMs are only valid for Premier Silver / Gold / Platinum status, expire 3 years after earning
- FPQMs can only be used to increase PQMs to a max of 75,000. They are not counted once 75K is reached. (example 80K PQMs +10 FPQMs is still 80K total)
- FPQMs cannot be used to earn GPUs or RPUs past 75K PQMs
- FPQMs are held separately and are only used when the owner requests them to be applied to their MP account
FPQMs can be applied for a given year as late as March 31 of the next year
Print Wikipost

General Questions re: MileagePlus Flex PQP ( was Flex PQM)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: UA1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Seems like I read somewhere that for 2022 we can apply our flex PQP's to attain 1K status. Now I can't find it. Anyone else heard this?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Thanks, it's there but doesn't say when the expiration date is.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by airfly56
That is a really good point--the mouseover option to see the breakdown by year is gone. It doesn't even show you if you go through with the whole transfer process by entering some number and clicking "Continue to Review", whereas I think it might have used to. At this point folks should only have FPQP expiring 3/31/22, 3/31/23 or never expire. I keep a tracker but if you don't know your expiration dates, it is probably worth an email to MP.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by airfly56
That is a really good point--the mouseover option to see the breakdown by year is gone. It doesn't even show you if you go through with the whole transfer process by entering some number and clicking "Continue to Review", whereas I think it might have used to. At this point folks should only have FPQP expiring 3/31/22, 3/31/23 or never expire. I keep a tracker but if you don't know your expiration dates, it is probably worth an email to MP.
I find that if I use the above link and then hit the "Back to My Account" button it takes me to an older version of the account page that shows Flex PQPs under Premier Progress with the ability to click on the "?" to show expiration dates. Oddly, if you refresh the page or enter the url directly, it re-directs to the new account page.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by stanj
I find that if I use the above link and then hit the "Back to My Account" button it takes me to an older version of the account page that shows Flex PQPs under Premier Progress with the ability to click on the "?" to show expiration dates. Oddly, if you refresh the page or enter the url directly, it re-directs to the new account page.
That works thanks
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
So it looks like Flex PQP now show up under My United without any workaround needed. At least for me.
stanj and Say Vandelay like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by gusd
So it looks like Flex PQP now show up under My United without any workaround needed. At least for me.
Now showing up in My United for me also.
gusd likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS & MM, UC Lifetime, Hertz Prez Cir, HH Dia, Marriott Plat
It was announced on a credit-card specific page:

https://mileageplusupdates.com/milea...h/cardmembers/

New in 2021 — Earn toward Premier 1K® status: Members can now apply PQP earned through co-branded MileagePlus® credit cards toward Premier 1K status.
There are a bunch of details about each card, and very specific limits on each.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
To use Flex PQP or not to use Flex PQP for next year....

Like many, it was a light travel year. I did manage to organically make Silver with a decent amount of business travel, am really close to Gold, but done with big trips for the year. I can use Flex PQP to bump myself to Gold for 2022, but in my peabrain, unsure if 22 will be a pseudo normal travel year or will it be more fits and starts for traveling like 21.

If I do the bump, I'll only need a couple of thousand of Flex PQP, but if next year sucks travel wise, well, I've burnt those couple of thousand FPQP and also burnt a year at Gold for basically no reason.

So I dunno, I suspect others are in the same boat....
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA GS & MM, UC Lifetime, Hertz Prez Cir, HH Dia, Marriott Plat
I find Flex PCP of pretty limited value, and they expire after 2 years anyway. I would say use them so you are gold, and then next year any status match or extensions that have to happen will be based on gold.

However, before you do it, double check your card and make sure that you are not already extended to gold. A lot of posters are seing an automatic extension for a year, and that may not be announced until tomorrow. You should look at your electronic card in the app, in case you already got extended anyway. You might not want to use your Flex PCP until Dec 30th just in case the rules keep changing. There is another thread on people getting automatic extensions over the last few days, but it is mixed.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Thanks! Thats practical advice. I've been following the extension thread, I'm not extended yet. I was thinking the same thing too, waiting till the end of the year before I pull the trigger on moving the Flex PQP to bump to Gold. Silver is basically useless, but Gold gets Star Gold which has some value to me as I'm in Europe quite a bit usually on travel and it helps with some of the lounges and codeshare partners.

Funny too, I tried doing the TAP Status Match (lifetime AA Platinum also) so I could get Star Gold, but that never happened....
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: United 1 Million Miler Platinum, Marriott Gold
I have 12,893 PQP year-to-date. Currently Platinum through 2022. I also have 2,139 Flex PQP expiring 3/31/22.

Question is: Can I use my 2,107 of those Flex PQP to reach the 15K requirement and then get 1K status for 2022?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
[QUOTE=GerryL;33799476]I have 12,893 PQP year-to-date. Currently Platinum through 2022. I also have 2,139 Flex PQP expiring 3/31/22.

Question is: Can I use my 2,107 of those Flex PQP to reach the 15K requirement and then get 1K status for 2022?[/QUOTE ]

No. FPQPs are only good to Platinum and there has been no indication that this will change.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GerryL (Post # 969)
I have 12,893 PQP year-to-date. Currently Platinum through 2022. I also have 2,139 Flex PQP expiring 3/31/22.

Question is: Can I use my 2,107 of those Flex PQP to reach the 15K requirement and then get 1K status for 2022?
Originally Posted by 8MiHi (Post # 970)

No. FPQPs are only good to Platinum and there has been no indication that this will change.
But see Post # 968.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GerryL

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Correct, FPQPs only good to Plat. From the Mileage Plus update page linked in Post 968 (bolding mine):

During the 2020 and 2021 calendar years, United℠ Presidential Plus℠ Cardmembers will earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP. PQP earned on and after January 1, 2020, will be applicable to Premier status levels up to and including 1K. Flex PQM is limited to Platinum status and below.
SPN Lifer, edcho and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by stanj; Dec 10, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.