Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Questions re: MileagePlus Flex PQP ( was Flex PQM)

General Questions re: MileagePlus Flex PQP ( was Flex PQM)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 3, 20, 5:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Benefits unique to the Chase MP Presidential Plus card (closed and not available for new cardholders)
- 1000 FPQM per $5,000 spend (or 0.2 / $1)
- FPQMs are only valid for Premier Silver / Gold / Platinum status, expire 3 years after earning
- FPQMs can only be used to increase PQMs to a max of 75,000. They are not counted once 75K is reached. (example 80K PQMs +10 FPQMs is still 80K total)
- FPQMs cannot be used to earn GPUs or RPUs past 75K PQMs
- FPQMs are held separately and are only used when the owner requests them to be applied to their MP account
FPQMs can be applied for a given year as late as March 31 of the next year
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 25, 20, 3:53 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2MM, DL DM, UA PP <=> HH DM/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P/ CC G, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay View Post
I just had mid-statement 500 PQPs post yesterday. Has anyone else experienced that? Since I opened the PPlus card 10 years ago they have almost always come around the 6th of the month following my statement close on the 28th. The sum of all my previous statements in 2020 was less than the threshold to receive those, but maybe it is counting current spend and/or the balance of spending not credited to PQMs last year.
Only you can find out the exact dates and amounts of spend and can tell us
Old Apr 25, 20, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
I just had mid-statement 500 PQPs post yesterday. Has anyone else experienced that? Since I opened the PPlus card 10 years ago they have almost always come around the 6th of the month following my statement close on the 28th. The sum of all my previous statements in 2020 was less than the threshold to receive those, but maybe it is counting current spend and/or the balance of spending not credited to PQMs last year.
Yes, the PQPs post as soon as you hit the $12k threshold for the next 500 PQP.
Old May 1, 20, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
FPQMs are now listed as FPQPs in My Account. It still differentiates between pre-2012 and others.
Old Nov 17, 20, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Expiring Flex PQPs for those who already have lifetime Platinum

What about expiring flex PQPs when you are already platinum? I earned them, but apparently with UA, there's no way to use them at all. Can they be applied toward 1K if they will otherwise be lost? I'd like to get some benefit since I have been a Presidential Plus cardholder for more than ten years.

Originally Posted by ffI View Post
Use 2600 PQP in Feb 2021 (1600 from 2021 expiry and 1000 from 2022 expiry) and spend enough in 2021 on card and fly the rest
Put the car aside in 2022 - no use of PQP that expire
keep the 100 PQP for 2023 as this will be the last boost you get from Flex PQM/PQP; spend in 2023 - Restart spend on card in 2023 Jan 1
Xyzzy, 8MiHi and Mightyduk like this.
Old Nov 17, 20, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes View Post
What about expiring flex PQPs when you are already platinum? I earned them, but apparently with UA, there's no way to use them at all. Can they be applied toward 1K if they will otherwise be lost? I'd like to get some benefit since I have been a Presidential Plus cardholder for more than ten years.
Welcome to my world. Those PQP seem to be ttally useless to those in our situation and UA is not at all flexible about it.
Old Nov 18, 20, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1.5MM Platinum, UC Lifetime , HHonors Diamond, Presidential Plus card holder
It would be a good thing if expiring FPQPs could be extended or used for something else such as 1K status or PlusPoints or even RDMs.
Xyzzy and edcho like this.
Old Nov 18, 20, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Originally Posted by 8MiHi View Post
It would be a good thing if expiring FPQPs could be extended or used for something else such as 1K status or PlusPoints or even RDMs.
Well, if anyone else has any ideas, please share. Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 20, 6:51 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2MM, DL DM, UA PP <=> HH DM/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P/ CC G, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by 8MiHi View Post
Even a conversion of 1 FQP to 1 RDM will be better than the nothing that is offered today
or just make the fPQP non-expiring
UA needs credit card spend now more than before; these card holders are high spenders = 10 PQP = 240k spend a yr
Any moron who runs loyalty programs will know this pool is valuable
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ffI View Post
Even a conversion of 1 FQP to 1 RDM will be better than the nothing that is offered today
or just make the fPQP non-expiring
UA needs credit card spend now more than before; these card holders are high spenders = 10 PQP = 240k spend a yr
Any moron who runs loyalty programs will know this pool is valuable
While most FPQPs will expire by 3/2023, some of us still have pre-2012 non-expiring FPQPs, so it could be in UA's best interest to let you convert them to something else so they can actually be done with the program once and for all in 2023. I would be happy if I could apply mine at the old FEQM rate to lifetime status like I think we used to be able to do.
Old Nov 30, 20, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1.5MM Platinum, UC Lifetime , HHonors Diamond, Presidential Plus card holder
While most FPQPs will expire by 3/2023, some of us still have pre-2012 non-expiring FPQPs, so it could be in UA's best interest to let you convert them to something else so they can actually be done with the program once and for all in 2023. I would be happy if I could apply mine at the old FEQM rate to lifetime status like I think we used to be able to do.
The Continental MM program included pretty much everything that counted towards Elite status as applicable towards the MM mile counter. FPQMs did get included in my lifetime number whenever I used them in OnePass. Not so in MP. It would certainly be better than simply having FPQPs simply disappear on their expiration dates.
Old Jan 16, 21, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
I'm drawing a blank: where can one check one's current Flex PQP?
Old Jan 16, 21, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
From United.com, after logging in navigate to your account and it is listed in the Your Premier Progress table, underneath your lifetime miles.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 16, 21, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Micp3208 View Post
From United.com, after logging in navigate to your account and it is listed in the Your Premier Progress table, underneath your lifetime miles.

Maybe I don't have any left (according to UA)?? I can't see any mention of FlexPQM anywhere. Odd.
Old Jan 28, 21, 12:31 pm

Programs: united
I have 5000 flex PQP expiring this March 2021. it is not allowing ne to transfer it to PQP. any solutions.

It says amount of Flex PQP you entered is more than the yearly transfer limit of 7500 PQP.

but I am only transferring 5000

any suggestions???

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 28, 21 at 1:19 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by the same member
Old Jan 28, 21, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
I have 5000 flex PQP expiring this March 2021. it is not allowing ne to transfer it to PQP. any solutions.

It says amount of Flex PQP you entered is more than the yearly transfer limit of 7500 PQP.

but I am only transferring 5000

any suggestions???
is it possible that the 5000 puts you past the number of PQPs that you need for Platinum?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: