Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Questions re: MileagePlus Flex PQP ( was Flex PQM)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Benefits unique to the Chase MP Presidential Plus card (closed and not available for new cardholders)
- 1000 FPQM per $5,000 spend (or 0.2 / $1)
- FPQMs are only valid for Premier Silver / Gold / Platinum status, expire 3 years after earning
- FPQMs can only be used to increase PQMs to a max of 75,000. They are not counted once 75K is reached. (example 80K PQMs +10 FPQMs is still 80K total)
- FPQMs cannot be used to earn GPUs or RPUs past 75K PQMs
- FPQMs are held separately and are only used when the owner requests them to be applied to their MP account
FPQMs can be applied for a given year as late as March 31 of the next year
Print Wikipost

General Questions re: MileagePlus Flex PQP ( was Flex PQM)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You have two options,
1) apply 30K FPQMs to your 2017 balance and have Gold status which would be good until Jan 2019
2) apply 50K FPQMs to your (zero) 2018 balance and have Gold status until Jan 2020

a modified version of 2 would be to apply less than 50K but enough to initial get Silver and use your 2018 actual flying activities to get the rest of the PQMs for Gold. That would preserve some of the FPQMs for use in 2020 -- however, make sure they will not expire first.
Thanks. I had no idea this was an option. So if i buy up to gold, to get platinum would i only need 25k PQM? i had just assumed i would still need the 75k PQM.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by njxbean
Thanks. I had no idea this was an option. So if i buy up to gold, to get platinum would i only need 25k PQM? i had just assumed i would still need the 75k PQM.
Yes you can combine earned PQMs and FPQMs to earn status up to Plat -- but that is limited to Plat or lower -- no 1K. And if done for 2018, the status will last until Jan 2020.
njxbean likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
What are “Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles”?

Checking flights on the UAL website today I noticed right underneath my GPUs a new line called “Flexible Premier qualifying miles: 0”. Does anybody know what this is? Thanks!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 3, 2018 at 10:43 am Reason: merged into existing thread
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For holders of certain co-branded CCs it was an option to earn EQMs via CC spend rather than by flying.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
For holders of certain co-branded CCs it was an option to earn EQMs via CC spend rather than by flying.
Expanding on this -- Only presently earned by the Chase MP PresidentPlus credit card (legacy CO card) and it is not available for new customers.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Any FTers want to weigh in on my when-to-apply-FPQM dilemma?

I am sitting on 50k FPQMs, most not expiring until 2020, later or never. I earn about 15-20k FPQMs each year on my PPlus. My spouse is Gold now but might drop down to Silver next year or in 2020. I have no idea what my paid UA travel will be next year.

I have only earned 3k PQMs on UA this year so far as a result in change in jobs, flying other airlines and using award travel and have 9k in travel booked for the rest of the year on UA (2 transatlantic and 2 domestic legs). 3 of 4 of those flights are with my family of 4.

My question is should I apply 47k now, be Gold until Jan 2020, but be able to select free advance E+ seats for myself on all the flights and for my second child on the 3 flights we are taking together? The other kid and my spouse already have E+ because of her Gold. Or... do I apply 50k in Jan so I can be Gold 2 years until Jan 2021 without pressure to hit 50k?
8MiHi likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
My sister had the same dilemma late last year, but only enough FPQMs to get to Silver. She chose to upgrade her status in January and is now approaching Gold status. You might hit Platinum if you use the FPQMs in January. Getting E+ upgrades is worth hundreds of dollars, but I would value 2 years of Gold more highly unless you really don't expect to fly much in 2020.
Say Vandelay likes this.

Last edited by 8MiHi; Oct 19, 2018 at 7:15 am
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
HELP!!! I have 85K of these things. Can I just add them to any account as miles? I do not need them for status
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by manstein58
HELP!!! I have 85K of these things. Can I just add them to any account as miles? I do not need them for status
N you can't. They may be named "Flexible" -- but they certainly are not very flexible in practice.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by manstein58
FPQMs are solely for moving up in status with a cap at Platinum. You could conceivably use them to speed up receipt of 2 RPUs next year (not add, just speed up) if they are going to expire. They have no real use for 2MMers+ or people on the 1K/GS track.
FPQMs have been very valuable to me as they have helped maintain my platinum status several times over the last ten years.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
FPQMs are solely for moving up in status with a cap at Platinum. You could conceivably use them to speed up receipt of 2 RPUs next year (not add, just speed up) if they are going to expire. They have no real use for 2MMers+ or people on the 1K/GS track.
FPQMs have been very valuable to me as they have helped maintain my platinum status several times over the last ten years.
Thank you
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:48 pm

Where is Flex PQM balance?

How do I find my Flex PQM balance or apply to status on the new web site?
8MiHi likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by pstrasma
How do I find my Flex PQM balance or apply to status on the new web site?
Sign in, click on View Account, Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles are the last number line under Premier status qualifications. To use click on the question mark at the end of that line. Click on Transfer Miles.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:05 pm

In general once you hit 5k spend how long does it take to post the Flex EQM? I thought it would post this month since I spent >5k on the card in November (this isn't my primary card so I only use it every now and then) but so far only the award miles have posted.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:30 pm

I have found that it sometimes shows up a week after the payment is due for that month and it has been paid.
There are other months where it doesn't show up until the following month. So figure 1 to 6 weeks after the month's due date where you have kept up with the payments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.