Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I belong to both MileagePlus Dining and SkyMiles Dining at same time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

Just wondering. I am a longtime SkyMiles Dining member, and didnt realize until today that UA has its own version.

CO has no such affiliation, although i seem to remember OnePass Dining was around at one point
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EP 2MM; AS 75k; UA PP 2MM
Just sign up different credit cards

You can't subscribe one credit card account to multiple programs. Solution: use different credit cards for each.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United 1K, Emerald Club Elite Exec
Not sure if SkyMiles Dining is done by RN Network but if it is the answer is nope.

Card can only be registed for one service with RN Dining. I tried to setup to get both UA and Hilton points when dining but no such luck
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:36 pm

Yes, but not with the same credit cards.

Originally Posted by caseminole
Just wondering. I am a longtime SkyMiles Dining member, and didnt realize until today that UA has its own version.

CO has no such affiliation, although i seem to remember OnePass Dining was around at one point
I learned this with UA and US - there is an internal catch if the cc is registered in more than 1 program. You would have to register 1 credit card with 1 program, and another card with the 2nd program. That's my understanding but just call DL or UA and ask.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everyone above is correct. Let's say you have a credit card registered with one RewardsNetwork dining program (MileagePlus Dining) ... and then you went to American's AAdvantage Dining and added the same card (also run by RewardsNetwork), you will actually get an email from MileagePlus Dining that you used the same card on another program and that the card is no longer associated with MileagePlus dining.

*EDIT* Since RewardsNetwork runs both SkyMiles and MileagePlus dining, the same credit card cannot be registered with both. If you have two different cards, then you can.

Last edited by UnitedSkies; Aug 19, 2011 at 10:51 am
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
I have my DL Amex signed up for Delta Dining and my UA Visa signed up for UA Dining. So yes you can.

I have earned miles in both dining programs in the last 2 months without issue.

Foo
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:21 am

Does the card that I want to register has to be in my name? They are just asking for CC # and exp date, so I assume not... Anyone? Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:49 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by nycvisitor
Does the card that I want to register has to be in my name? They are just asking for CC # and exp date, so I assume not... Anyone? Thanks!
In the past it did not. Don't know for sure now.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by nycvisitor
No based on my experience. I registered my credit card under my daughter's frequent mileage program. My daughter earned miles
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Trang
No based on my experience. I registered my credit card under my daughter's frequent mileage program. My daughter earned miles
Great! Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.