Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines' First Boeing 787 Dreamliner Begins Assembly

United Airlines' First Boeing 787 Dreamliner Begins Assembly

Old Jan 27, 12, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by BF263533 View Post
In coach, this 787 looks like it will be a sardine can. The 777 is about 16 inches wider than the 787 Cramliner. UA & CO have 9 across in coach in the 777. The 17" seat is only part of the problem in coach. They are packed real close together with 16 inhes less width. But the cabin has great eye-appeal to make you forget you are being squeezzzzzzzed to death.

And for business class, it is a bit wider than Airbus A330/340, so the 787 at 6 across will not be as tight as the Airbus 330/340.

Scrap the 787, stick with the 777.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...or-starmegado/

Although short, WA's initial impression of the 3-3-3 was that it was more comfortable than expected. How that would play out in an actual flight remains to be seen, but indications point to the fact that it may be better than expected. Economy will always be economy though.
Old Mar 8, 12, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
787 at EWR

just saw this on UA's facebook page about the 787 visiting EWR and was wondering if anyone knew about it. this picture specifically:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

that bar looking section caught my attention. seemed like it would be a nice perk but then i noticed that it seems like a test production bird of some sort. i'm wondering if anyone knows if this is a "generic" bird or if it's what we can generally expect in terms of what UA's interiors will be? having that rest area to stand and hang around for a bit would sure be nice on 15 hour international flights instead of, well, not having anywhere to stand.

kind of like what AA is showing on their future 773ER birds.

http://www.aa.com/content/images/abo..._cabin_bar.jpg

on a side note, i love the 787's design. it just looks... cool.

sigh. on another side note, the swivel chairs in their flagship suites looks mighty nice as my future reward travel for int'l first would be traveling with a partner. it would be nice as we would be able to eat and hang out together instead of being isolated in pods and such on UA seats whether it's C, BF or F...

Last edited by bob_the_d; Mar 8, 12 at 1:00 pm
Old Mar 8, 12, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
Cannot wait to fly the UA 787 to AUK!

It looks like a wole new air travel experience.
Old Mar 8, 12, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bsmnsr View Post
Cannot wait to fly the UA 787 to AUK!

It looks like a wole new air travel experience.
Don't think we'll see UA flying the 787 to AUK (Alakanuk, Alaska).. AKL is more likely
Old Mar 10, 12, 10:41 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
AUK (Alakanuk, Alaska).. AKL is more likely

Search this Thread