Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
2/1000 no status and I have not been on a United plane in years.

So a $10 minimum through the shopping portal - All vendors included or select?

Has a minimum spend been established for dining partners? Does one normally need to meet a threshold of spend within the dining program for miles to post?

Can the same shopping vendor/dining partner be used more then once? How about more then once a day?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
dining minimum spend

Okay this is just my best guess at the dining program credits for this promotion, but here is my logic. since United can know what the points per mile of each of the retail vendors are by gettign that information from the mall they can set up a simple equation to determine if the minimum 10 is spent. however since each dining memeber can earn 3 different amounts per dollar 1, 3, or 5 then this would be much more difficult and they would have to possibly change the formula as you change your earning rate. so i would guess that any dine would qualify.
I have no actual knowledge of this to be true it is just my best guess.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
1P here and got 500 for 4 transactions email. I have been earning miles from all the channels - shopping, dining, car rentals, hotels and credit card and I guess that is the reason for least attractive option. I suppose this promotion is to induce more purchases from channels that otherwise are not used by a MP member.

I think what option one receives does not depend on the status but on how actively one is earning miles from various channels.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: US Gold, DL Gold, UA Plat, Starwood Plat
SPG Transfer

So is there any way to find out if the SPG transfer will work? Or do we just need to take a chance and wait?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
2P (1P after this weekend): 2 for 1K. I've only earned miles flying.

I signed up for the dining credit card link. No idea why I haven't done this before. I still earn my regular credit card points, right? I could've put all those bar tabs to good use...
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
2P, 2 activities for 1000 miles. Was able to register just minutes before an online mall purchase I was planning to make anyway

Definitely wondering about the minimum dining spend -- but even if it's $10, this will be a nice promo.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
Thumbs down

I got 4 for 500 and my wife got 2 for 1000. Both are non-elite.

I used to get a similar promo on Q1 that earn extra 1000 miles when you earn 3000 miles from partner activities.
I switched my SPG earning preference from points to UA miles.
I earned a lot more than 3000 miles from SPG hotel stays and United refuses to credit bonus miles.
I was told that mileage transfers from SPG don't count. I actually earned my miles from hotel stays not mileage transfer.

The T&C is very similar to this one and only state that miles earn from airlines & credit card are excluded.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by awc4
Mine also said 4 activities and earn 500 miles...I feel the same way.
I got 4 for 500 miles my spouse's offer is 3 for 1K miles. Strange because we are both 1P but I've flown more, including more paid premium cabin, this year than her. Neither of us have earned miles via miles mall; just a few hotel stays and some flights on SQ and AC.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
No status here. I got the 4/500. I registered but there is no confirmation that I did. I took a screen shot of the page that says "You've registered. Now start earning." I hope that's enough for evidence in case the miles don't post.
Do you see it under my promotions when you login to your MileagePlus account?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
1P, rock. Nothing under promos.

Mike
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: US Gold, DL Gold, UA Plat, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by kimusc

I used to get a similar promo on Q1 that earn extra 1000 miles when you earn 3000 miles from partner activities.
I switched my SPG earning preference from points to UA miles.
I earned a lot more than 3000 miles from SPG hotel stays and United refuses to credit bonus miles.
I was told that mileage transfers from SPG don't count. I actually earned my miles from hotel stays not mileage transfer.

The T&C is very similar to this one and only state that miles earn from airlines & credit card are excluded.
Thanks. Sounds like SPG transfers won't work on this promo then...
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
Originally Posted by jroff1
Thanks. Sounds like SPG transfers won't work on this promo then...
Not only that. I suspect SPG hotel stays won't work either since UA cannot differentiate between SPG transfers and hotel stays.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by kimusc
Not only that. I suspect SPG hotel stays won't work either since UA cannot differentiate between SPG transfers and hotel stays.
Sure about that? Never sent to UA but I have to US during their grand slam promo. There's a difference in the way transfers and "stays" (which could be dines only) are posted.

With US, transfers show as "CONVERSION: SPG POINTS TO MILES"
And stay credits show up as "STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST ADD TRANSFER"
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by hw711
Do you see it under my promotions when you login to your MileagePlus account?
No, it's not listed there. I didn't get a confirmation email either. Did you or anyone get some kind proof of registration?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
I'm a 1P (~85k EQMs for the year however and still going) and I received the 2/1,000 offer.

Should be interesting to see what I can do to earn some of these...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.