Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
I'm thinking that very few "partners" actually count towards this promo. Based on T&C point 16:

"The "qualified MileagePlus business partners" referred to in term #3 are rental car companies, hotels, or other entities. . ."

I'm thinking that regular credit card purchases, etc. do not count.

I'd prefer that United just be upfront with us rather than bury this in ambiguous fine print. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
I'm thinking that very few "partners" actually count towards this promo. Based on T&C point 16:

"The "qualified MileagePlus business partners" referred to in term #3 are rental car companies, hotels, or other entities. . ."

I'd prefer that United just be upfront with us rather than bury this in ambiguous fine print. Hopefully I'm wrong.
If you read through the terms that were highlighted earlier in this thread, it is absolutely clear that Mileage Plus Visa activity does not count. Just about everything else should could, though, according to the terms, at least.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:20 pm

I'm a bit confused on what is going to count too. Maybe we'll get some clarification soon.

And to add another data points, 2P here given 1,000 for 2. Almost no mileage accural outside of flying.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
I got the 4 for 500 version. Haven't looked into the details, but interested in how the dining works. The bar around the corner from my office is a dining partner, so could probably manage a beer at lunch and a beer after work and do 500 every two days...assuming that there's no minimum for dining. Heck, I might be able to have a bloody mary on the way to the office in the morning and up my earnings
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by starflyer
It's encoded.
I don't know if just pressing the register now button in the email works. When I go to my promotions, I don't see Months of Miles on the list. Has anyone successfully registered to this yet? You guys should make sure before you start making transactions.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 100countrygoal

It also says " 3. To qualify for this offer, members must register and complete a minimum number of qualifying transactions with a qualified MileagePlus business partner (excluding airline partners and Visa® Card partners) within the valid offer period. For a complete list of MileagePlus partners, visit united.com/everydaymiles."

which is a bunch of...less than desirable offers...

edit: 1P got 2 for 1k offer
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Received the 4 for 500. GS here.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Does anyone know if you earn miles when purchasing iTunes gift cards through iTunes? They don't seem to be expressly excluded as they are with some other retailers.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by musing
4/500 for me. Looks like to me that the 1K/1P are getting the 4/500 and others are getting the better 2 or 3/1000.

Can't wait for the 1K devaluation thread to start on this one...
Nope, 1P here, 3/1000
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I got the 3 for 500 offer as a 1P.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
If you read through the terms that were highlighted earlier in this thread, it is absolutely clear that Mileage Plus Visa activity does not count. Just about everything else should could, though, according to the terms, at least.
But I'd expect that to be one activity anyways -- when the statement posts at the end of the month -- even if it did count. This would make it best case, relatively worthless.

Abuse potential is free after mail in rebate stuff, gift cards, etc....
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by bouncingbug
I'm 1K, and I only get the 4 for 500 miles offer

Not worth any extra effort to get these miles
I'm 1K, got the 3 for 500 miles offer.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
FS-Mom (1P) got the 2 for 1000, while I, the 1K, got 4 for 500...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by musing
4/500 for me. Looks like to me that the 1K/1P are getting the 4/500 and others are getting the better 2 or 3/1000.

Can't wait for the 1K devaluation thread to start on this one...
I'm a 1P and got the 2 for 1000 offer. I have had very little activity on the account this year. Just some milage transfers and I just got the UA explorer card.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA MM
wondered what formula or method UA used for this promo?!? could it really be all random?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.