Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
I used to receive promos all the time from united but recently (this year) they stopped. Are the different offers dependent on status or has anyone here without status received the offer?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by starflyer
The link in your email is personalized to include your MP account #. You should see a Register Now button (or something like that) when you're taken to the page, at least that was displayed on the when I clicked the link in my email.

I followed the emailed link again just now, and no Register Now button was displayed. Could be that it's because I'm already registered, or could be because the registration process is temporarily down.
I dont see it - the mumble jumble in the url does not resemble anything to my mp number.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:52 pm
sy7

For cheap credits, I think the mileage plus shopping mall won't work, since you need a minimum $10 transaction.

However, if you're SPG platinum, what about transferring in 2 points (eg 1 mile) say once per day? Or maybe even 20 points (for 10 miles if that is the minimum needed to trigger the promo). So for every 60 SPG points, you'd get 1030 UA miles! (This is for the 1K miles per three transactions.) You can only do one airline transfer per day, so the theoretical maximum would be 31.93K miles for 1860 SPG points! I actually might do this, and even if the bonus doesn't post, I don't mind spending <2K SPG points to find out…
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I dont see it - the mumble jumble in the url does not resemble anything to my mp number.
It's encoded.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
4/500 for me. Looks like to me that the 1K/1P are getting the 4/500 and others are getting the better 2 or 3/1000.

Can't wait for the 1K devaluation thread to start on this one...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
2 transactions / 1,000 miles. But what the heck do I buy or so? I prefer my hotel points, although I could switch. Maybe the dining program?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by musing
4/500 for me. Looks like to me that the 1K/1P are getting the 4/500 and others are getting the better 2 or 3/1000.

Can't wait for the 1K devaluation thread to start on this one...
Not here: I'm just 2P and I got the 4/500 offer.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by sy7
For cheap credits, I think the mileage plus shopping mall won't work, since you need a minimum $10 transaction.

However, if you're SPG platinum, what about transferring in 2 points (eg 1 mile) say once per day? Or maybe even 20 points (for 10 miles if that is the minimum needed to trigger the promo). So for every 60 SPG points, you'd get 1030 UA miles! (This is for the 1K miles per three transactions.) You can only do one airline transfer per day, so the theoretical maximum would be 31.93K miles for 1860 SPG points! I actually might do this, and even if the bonus doesn't post, I don't mind spending <2K SPG points to find out…
3 for 1000 here too. And this makes me regret not being SPG Plat. It's completely worth wasting 1860 SPG (in the event it didn't work).
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by geeprice
Same offer here, as a 1K
I'm 1K, and I only get the 4 for 500 miles offer

Not worth any extra effort to get these miles
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:04 pm

2 for 1000. Haven't looked at my united a/c for a while.

Why can't normal SPG members transfer?

I sense a lot of gift card buying in my future.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:05 pm

Walmart gift cards have no tax and free shipping...

Are we sure GC's are included?

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by sy7

How does this work? Don't you still need to spend $10 per transaction? I'd like to earn 31.93K miles for 1860 SPG points too

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
"not eligible for this promotion"
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:15 pm

Rewards not applicable on purchases of gift cards, tires and /or optical products at Walmart.com.

But I was talking about gift cards from the mileage plus shopping portal - those have some handling fee, but if you buy a super certificate you only pay the handling fee once. (I think)

Super cert qualifier:
Click the "Shop Now" button below to start shopping and earning extra miles.
Note: Please refrain from use of any promotional code or coupon not listed on this site as it may negate the indicated reward.

Please Note: Orders containing redemptions of the SuperCertificate® product are not eligible for reward. Orders containing American Express Gift Certificates are not eligible for reward. Orders placed through the Corporate Sales site are not eligible for reward. Use of coupons or promotional codes may void your reward.

Last edited by rain; Aug 15, 2011 at 10:20 pm
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:15 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by rain

Why can't normal SPG members transfer?
Originally Posted by bouncingbug
How does this work? Don't you still need to spend $10 per transaction? I'd like to earn 31.93K miles for 1860 SPG points too

You need to be SPG platinum because otherwise the minimum transfer amount is either 2500 or 1500 points, which wouldn't be worthwhile. Platinums can transfer as little as 1 point each time.

However, as I stated in my original post, I'm not certain if this would work because we don't know what the criteria is to automatically qualify as partner activity. But I imagine after the fact, it would be possible to write in to United to get them to apply the promo credit, but that will probably take a lot of effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.