United Months of Miles

Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WIRunner
3 transactions get 1000 miles...
I can't tell specifically, but does using my MP Visa count as a transaction? It kinda looks like it does, but then this would be far too easy.
That's even better. If you click on earn more miles on the United MP page, it shows the card so it should count by all accounts.

Unfortunately I don't have the card anymore.

I'm sure people are also thinking of SPG transfers now...

EDIT: On second thought, all those transactions will show up as one partner to UA so this will probably not work.

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Waitress/Counter Person/Deli Clerk: "Gee Mr. ABCX, you sure drink a lot of Diet Cokes!"
Exactly! If this is going to work in large volumes, I can easily get the money back in cash too (after subtracting commission and giving them $50-$100 just to do it) if I find a restaurant willing to do this...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 15, 2011 at 10:19 pm Reason: merge
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WIRunner
3 transactions get 1000 miles...
I can't tell specifically, but does using my MP Visa count as a transaction? It kinda looks like it does, but then this would be far too easy.
3. To qualify for this offer, members must register and complete a minimum number of qualifying transactions with a qualified MileagePlus business partner (excluding airline partners and Visa Card partners) within the valid offer period
I assume that means MP visa transactions don't count.

Mine was 1000 miles for every 3 transactions. Saw the $10 minimum on my T+C's too. For those who couldn't find them, for me, I had to click on the link to united.com/monthsofmiles, and then scroll to the bottom, they were there.

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by abcx
I don't see a minimum amount restriction on dining anywhere. Shouldn't be that hard to do $1 each? Problem is that we won't find out till after the promotion.
Relook at Item 8 in the above T&Cs:

8. Retail partner transactions must meet a $10 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for this offer.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmd001
Relook at Item 8 in the above T&Cs:

8. Retail partner transactions must meet a $10 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for this offer.
Yeah, but dining is not retail is it?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
I never get e-mail offers, including this one. lol
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
YMMV ... literally!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmd001
YMMV ... literally!
Lol. I'm not going to try it on that shaky interpretation but I'm just sayin'...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA, MR, SWRR, SPG, HH
Upon registering via the email (which I just received), the screen that comes up indicates 'With thousands of partners to choose from, there's always an opportunity to earn more miles," with Earn More Miles as a link to various ways one can earn more miles. It clearly shows the United MP card towards the bottom.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:10 pm

I'm a new mileage plus card holder and didn't get the email!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
I'm a 1K and I got the 4/500 version. I've received miles basically every way you can (flights/hotel/car/dining/shopping/CC/prostitution) in the last six months, so I bet its based on your extracurricular mileage earning. If you already earn a lot of extracurricular miles, they don't have as much incentive to get you to rack up more. If you don't, then they're trying to drag you in...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Offers from United? I haven't had one for about 3 or 4 years now. Not one.
Same here. Only notices or emails I get come from CO now that I did the status match thing. But have next to no partner transactions other than STAR airlines.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
MzCE got the 3x/1k version .. nothing for the old man

Per their spiffy graphic https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/images/MonthsOfMilesheroImage.jpg:
"Shopping - Hotel Stays - Car Rentals - Dining"

Sadly, when you get to the "Dining" link .. it comes up 'expired' Perhaps, YMMV afterall ...

I'd give 'em a day or three to get their act together.
/.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
4 for 500 here
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Targeted email. I am 1K and MM and says 4-500 miles. Went direct to website to sign up for my wife- also 1K and MM and says not eligible for this promotion!

Even when they try to do something good- they screw it up. Typical UAL.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:19 pm

Why can't airlines employ competent IT personnel? I received the email invitation and registered. I received no confirmation email. When I log into my MP account and check the My Promotions section, the Months of Miles Challenge does not appear, and I'm told that I don't qualify for any promotions at this time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.