United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
VERY NICE!!!

worth the effort in all ways!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by johndoe123
I ended up getting 35k miles nearly 1 year later, out of 130k they owed me. Ohh well.

Nice trip. I'm curious though, there are lots of flights on there, how many were only necessary to get to where you wanted to go with avialable inventory (IE: More direct options are available)?
There are some more direct flights, but award availability is tight. Basically the best connections you can get are West Coast - Europe - JNB and vv.

CPT can't be reached directly, you have to connect thru JNB. The other flights down in South Africa were so that I could visit other locations.

JNB-IST was the only longhaul available up to Europe from JNB. And the only availability to get back to LAX was out of LHR, but it was one day later than the flight to IST, so I used a <24hr connection in TXL to make it legal.

And after all that, it ended up getting changed to the following as LH F opened up:
SNA-SFO-ORD in UA F
ORD-FRA in new LH F
FRA-JNB-CPT in SA J
CPT-JNB-LVI in SA J
JNB-IST-TXL in TK J
TXL-FRA in LH J
FRA-DEN in new LH F
DEN-SNA in UA F

Why did you only get 35k? Who were you still fighting with - Cartera or UA?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:17 pm

Catera. I gave up, they stopped responding. Basically all I had was screenshot of each purcahses confirmation screen. I think it had to do with what vendors were willing to confirm the purchases, but I'm not sure. The 35k eventually just posted as a bulk adjustment to my account ~6-9 months after the fact and not as individual grants.

At that point they stopped replying for the rest and I just gave up, too tired to care and happy I got that.

Anyways, I only had records for about half of them anyways, and it looked like this:
all_purchases

Too bad your trip will no longer be possible as they are jacking up the award prices.

Originally Posted by jasonvr
There are some more direct flights, but award availability is tight. Basically the best connections you can get are West Coast - Europe - JNB and vv.

CPT can't be reached directly, you have to connect thru JNB. The other flights down in South Africa were so that I could visit other locations.

JNB-IST was the only longhaul available up to Europe from JNB. And the only availability to get back to LAX was out of LHR, but it was one day later than the flight to IST, so I used a <24hr connection in TXL to make it legal.

And after all that, it ended up getting changed to the following as LH F opened up:
SNA-SFO-ORD in UA F
ORD-FRA in new LH F
FRA-JNB-CPT in SA J
CPT-JNB-LVI in SA J
JNB-IST-TXL in TK J
TXL-FRA in LH J
FRA-DEN in new LH F
DEN-SNA in UA F

Why did you only get 35k? Who were you still fighting with - Cartera or UA?

Last edited by johndoe123; Nov 20, 2013 at 11:43 pm
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by johndoe123
Catera. I gave up, they stopped responding. Basically all I had was screenshot of each purcahses confirmation screen. I think it had to do with what vendors were willing to confirm the purchases, but I'm not sure. The 35k eventually just posted as a bulk adjustment to my account ~6-9 months after the fact and not as individual grants.

At that point they stopped replying for the rest and I just gave up, too tired to care and happy I got that.

Anyways, I only had records for about half of them anyways, and it looked like this:
all_purchases

Too bad your trip will no longer be possible as they are jacking up the award prices.
I had to beat on Cartera continuously for months for them to give me all my transactions, one by one. In the end, I got a Christmas present (literally, I found it on Christmas) and basically everything posted.

Last edited by jasonvr; Nov 21, 2013 at 8:50 am
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
When I sued them, there were two areas that possibly swayed against me. One was a thread I had made in FT that listed things I had been shut down on. By now, many here who MS have been shut down by multiple things and many of the same ones I had been shut from. But at the time I was one of the pioneers of shutdowndum and people in the thread took offense because they thought I was touting it as being cool, instead of being a guide of what to watch out for, etc. It turned into one of those FT maylays that got the thread closed and people booted. I think I may have even been for a short time.

the other thing was that it was very hard to keep the info organized due to all the things I had bought. I knew what was up but it was hard to present it.

their lawyer said I was a KNOWN GAMER in the industry and showed the judge printouts of that FT thread. And when I tried to show my printouts of THIS thread, the judge would not have it. Their lawyer presented TCs from the time we were in court, when GCs were no longer permitted to earn miles at stores like HD. I showed that they were when I bought items but the judge appeared to only want to hear about now not back then. Strange. And the lawyer said Cartera had given me all my miles, but all my notes and data showed that they had not, so when I asked them to show me exactly where by line item, they could not, but the judge had by now had enough. In the end, there was the "decision by mail" thing and eventually some of it must have worked out in my favor because I did see all my miles within 48hrs. I lost the case against them but I got all my miles. They all posted--and so did all miles from any other airline promo (like 500 here or there from DL or AA etc) AND all bonuses from UA (did they call them and say to post it now?). It all showed up just like that. After all that time.

So my point is... if you dont have any FT dirt on you and can clearly show everything, then sue them. And do it in some far off court where they have to travel to get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.