Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:04 am

Umm... A search on CO.com reveals for a sample JFK-LAX route in 9/2011,

29/30 days have saver First/Business awards available and 27/30 days have saver coach award available.

The availability doesn't look too bad here...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Umm... A search on CO.com reveals for a sample JFK-LAX route in 9/2011,

29/30 days have saver First/Business awards available and 27/30 days have saver coach award available.

The availability doesn't look too bad here...
Try the same search for EWR-LAX

PS has always had good availability, esp. XF/NF. Look for that to ramp down once the retrofitting starts though.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JimDSull
I've been with United Airlines for years. The standard redemption for a domestic RT flight was always 25,000 miles and 40,000 to Hawaii.

Today, even between popular routes, and even six or seven months out, it's all but impossible to obtain a RT fare for less than 50,000 miles.

I believe United has quietly increased its standard redemption from 25,000 to 50,000.

I have had a good deal of back and forth with customer service. They say there has been no policy change but searches for seats prove otherwise.
The standard level is still 50k and the saver level is still 25k.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Look on the ANA tool for MSP-any Star hub, then any Star hub-BDL. Then finally look for the availability on the hub-to hub route. It's more complex, but definitely can be done.

Thanks, this is new to me though. Could you explain how it's done or send me a link to any Saturday to Saturday flight in May, June, or July 2012 ?

Back in June I was able to get a one way flight MSP to HPN ( Westchester, NY) on May 19, 2012 and a one way BDL to MSP return for 12.5 K but I haven't been able to even get anything like that for June or July and I look everyday.

HPN or BDL works as I live an hour from both airports

Originally Posted by rankourabu

As others mentioned, 25000 seats are available, but use continental.com for searches. It could be worse - you could be trying to use Delta miles.
I can't find one Saturday to Saturday flight from MSP to BDL in May, June or July 2012 for 25K miles R/T

Delta is 32.5K miles to 40K miles and the flight is also nonstop

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 2, 2011 at 4:27 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I can't find one Saturday to Saturday flight from MSP to BDL in May, June or July 2012 for 25K miles R/T

Delta is 32.5K miles to 40K miles and the flight is also nonstop
There are often reduced schedules on Saturdays (esp. late afternoon/evening), so that may not help.

If you're willing to drive to LGA, a lot more options will likely open up.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
youre shopping too early for domestic awards
Look at the next few months until about February - every day available
Come April - coach availability dwindles almost to nothing, and only F is available
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:35 pm

Come April - coach availability dwindles almost to nothing, and only F is available

It's not too early, I have been booking this route 331 days out for 5 years

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
There are often reduced schedules on Saturdays (esp. late afternoon/evening), so that may not help.

If you're willing to drive to LGA, a lot more options will likely open up.
I have been flying MSP to BDL for 25K since 2005 When I moved from CT to MN) I always fly Saturday to Saturday and have always been able to book this route from 331 days in advance to as little as 4 days in advance as I did this past June.

Bottom line is something changed at United, will it change back who knows.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 2, 2011 at 4:28 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
No.

As long as I can remember, saver UA domestic Y awards are plenty if you book 5-11 months ahead.

Until now.

Something is seriously wrong here.

We are not talking about international saver C to Asia.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by kb1992
No.

As long as I can remember, saver UA domestic Y awards are plenty if you book 5-11 months ahead.

Until now.

Something is seriously wrong here.

We are not talking about international saver C to Asia.
I agree. Something serious has changed. We need to ask UAInsider to explain this one to us. I use the 330 day window to get tickets I need. Now there is no availability at all.

Billy
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
I agree. Something serious has changed. We need to ask UAInsider to explain this one to us. I use the 330 day window to get tickets I need. Now there is no availability at all.

Billy
Is UAInsider a person on this forum ?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is UAInsider a person on this forum ?
It is a formal UA company rep to FT logon used by group of UA managers
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...a-insider.html
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Billy
Do you mean explain or spin?

Maybe they are trying to not release/book as much so they will have fewer PNRs to migrate to SHARES.

Maybe they are not sure about their capacity that much down the road.

Maybe the people are too busy to look at the inventory so just set it to 0 for now.

Other reasons are probably very customer-unfriendly and we will never find out officially.

Last edited by username; Sep 1, 2011 at 8:27 pm
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Billy
Not to be blunt - but are we really surprised? Look at the changes to date. The benefits of the old PMUA we knew and loved are gone or disappearing soon enough, along with the *award winning Mileage Plus*. The fewer seats you give up for awards or advance upgrades, the more you can sell at the last minute or offer $79 TODs to F.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's not too early, I have been booking this route 331 days out for 5 years
Welcome to Year 6. Loads are up and capacity is down. Why would UA give away a seat it can sell for an award, let alone a saver award? If those seats don't sell, then UA can open them up for award travel, perhaps even saver award travel much closer to the date of travel.

The alternative isn't to go back to the good old days, it's bankruptcy.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Website keeps sucks

Each time I search for award seats I get this:

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We are sorry, but due to frequently changing seat availability, the flights you selected are no longer available. Please try your search again.
E - 80750 - 33102

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.