Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:31 pm

Being a PP+ cc holder...

The benefit of no $75 booking fee has been applied to me twice now online.......It gives you the $75 on the search, but when checking out it only charges the tax for you.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:59 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by sillypainter
Being a PP+ cc holder...

The benefit of no $75 booking fee has been applied to me twice now online.......It gives you the $75 on the search, but when checking out it only charges the tax for you.
What fee are you talking about? A reward booking fee?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Expedia Rewards Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Gold Status, Presidential Plus
Originally Posted by TomA
The best bonus was first year free, but that was about a year ago.

If you want to wait for a bonus, I'd wait until after March when the integration gets sorted out.
The first year free bonus is still around, I was offered it about a month ago in the UC in ORD and went for it (perhaps a few glasses of whiskey were to blame). I did find it odd they were recruiting in the Club as most people already have the memebership, but I was on a pass and was lucky enough to get the offer.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:54 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by TomA
The best bonus was first year free, but that was about a year ago.
Mr. ralfp, Sr. got a 1st year free offer for the card in the mail a bit over a month ago (maybe 2 or 3 months).

Since he doesn't fly enough to get status (albeit just barely), I told him he'd be better off with a card with a large sign-up bonus (e.g. the Explorer card that Chase/UA is trying to sell to me right now).
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Economy Plus?

I'm one of those for whom this card offers good benefits: I'm a "high" Silver (which means I almost make Gold - but not quite - every year), and I only upgrade sometimes on international flights, so the lounge access alone is worth it. I spend several months a year abroad, so the 0% transaction fee was a big draw as well.

From what I can tell (and sorry, didn't read this whole thread since it's veeeerrrrrryyyy long), most of the benefits that I value will stay the same. But I did have a question (my apologies if it's already been addressed): Since United is showing me how much it values me as a customer by yanking pretty much all of the Silver benefits that had any value to me, does this card offer me the ability to pre-book E+ seats, or am I just SOL?

Thanks in advance for any onfo you can send my way!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by sky74
From what I can tell (and sorry, didn't read this whole thread since it's veeeerrrrrryyyy long), most of the benefits that I value will stay the same. But I did have a question (my apologies if it's already been addressed): Since United is showing me how much it values me as a customer by yanking pretty much all of the Silver benefits that had any value to me, does this card offer me the ability to pre-book E+ seats, or am I just SOL?

Thanks in advance for any onfo you can send my way!
AFAIK, you will not be able to pre-book E+ seats through the card!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Can I apply FEQMs to 2011 1K Status Through 3/31/12?

I have still been able, through February, to apply FEQMs retroactively to 2011 status.

At the end of my next PPlus billing cycle in mid-March, I think I'll have just enough FEQMs to apply to 2011 status to receive 1K for 2011.

However, it was announced 1K could not be obtained by FEQMs, and the switch-over in systems is occuring on March 3rd.

Does anyone know if either of these events will prevent me from calling Mileage Plus after my my March FEQMs post to have them applied to 2011 1K status?
Probably just a matter of who I get on the phone.

Also one more question for you 1K's - does United have a history of allowing you to remain 1K if you only get Platinum in subsequent years, by offering any types of bonuses or loyalty mercy? .. I ask because I could never fly BIS 100k miles, so this will be the only 9-10 months of 1K I'll likely ever enjoy.

Thanks in advance for the tips.
Robert
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
If you have, for example, 95k 2011 EQM, and 5000 FEQM now, you can apply 5000 to your 2011 balance and get 1K for 2012 status.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Cancelled my PP card today. Chase was quite happy to move me to a Sapphire card. The CSR said quite a few people who are elite are canceling.

Seems like COUA is pushing away their best customers.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by mbreuer
Cancelled my PP card today. Chase was quite happy to move me to a Sapphire card. The CSR said quite a few people who are elite are canceling.

Seems like COUA is pushing away their best customers.
I thought you could only convert to another MP card?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by rgrunnah
Also one more question for you 1K's - does United have a history of allowing you to remain 1K if you only get Platinum in subsequent years, by offering any types of bonuses or loyalty mercy? .. I ask because I could never fly BIS 100k miles, so this will be the only 9-10 months of 1K I'll likely ever enjoy.

Thanks in advance for the tips.
Robert
Sorry, it's highly doubtful. Unless you are just short < 5k EQM's or spend $25k+ for < 100k EQM's they likely will not extend you that courtesy.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:02 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jamflyer
I believe Chase will let you convert to whatever Chase card you want (assuming you qualify for it). Basically they are just closing your Pres Plus card, opening you a new card for you, and granting you the same credit limit you had before.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Long saga... I applied for the Sapphire card - was initially declined... was able to be transferred to a loan officer and the decline was reversed - then transferred my credit line and cancelled the PP card.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by mbreuer
Long saga... I applied for the Sapphire card - was initially declined... was able to be transferred to a loan officer and the decline was reversed - then transferred my credit line and cancelled the PP card.
Ok - I did the same thing. I thought you did a PC. I moved $20k limit from my PP to the SP - have $5k remaining and may either downgrade to the MP Explorer card or move the remaining $5k to SP if they let me.

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
I believe Chase will let you convert to whatever Chase card you want (assuming you qualify for it). Basically they are just closing your Pres Plus card, opening you a new card for you, and granting you the same credit limit you had before.
You can only convert to the same product type i.e. CO/UA to another CO/UA card but not CO/US to SP for example.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 28, 2012 at 8:40 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
You can only convert to the same product type i.e. CO/UA to another CO/UA card but not CO/US to SP for example.
Not sure where you are getting that. I converted to Ink.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.