Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Plus Card Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:37 am
Suspended

I currently hold the Presidential Plus Business Card. I haven't heard what will happen with this.

Will I be getting a new card automatically? If so, when? Is the new UA even keeping a card that is equivalent of the PP Card?

Any additional details you can share regarding the change over of my CO Presidential Plus Card would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I'm sure someone out there knows something....

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 31, 2012 at 2:28 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by cslovacek
I'm sure someone out there knows something....
... but they aren't talking! No details have been leaked about the Presidential Plus replacement. Considering they just "updated" the benefits a few months ago, I believe they probably will remain the same (with just a different name like MileagePlus Plus ;-p).
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Discussion about the changes and speculation about the new card can be read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-changes.html
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
How do you get the Hyatt GP Platinum? I can't seem to find info on that online. I have the PP card but no Hyatt Platinum.
A couple of weeks after my credit card came a Hyatt Gold Passport letter arrived in the mail. It basically welcomed me to the program and had my password to the website which I should use with my member number that was in the intro packet that was sent. Well the intro packet was never sent or at least it didn't reach me.

I called Hyatt GP (I think I just used a number I found on their website) and customer service was able to look up my membership information. Apparently it was created automatically when I received the Chase PP card but not everything got to me via USPS. At that point I could log in to the Hyatt Gold site and was good to go. They sent out a kit a few weeks later that had my Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum card (Gold Platinum, I feel so blingy...)

I haven't seen anything from Avis and haven't tried to track that one down. So I would start first by calling Hyatt and if they don't have you in the system call Chase.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Sorry if this has been answered, but do Elite Maximizer miles we bought in 2012 count toward Million Mile status, and do they count toward 100,000 miles to earn 1k for 2012? Thanks.

Originally Posted by psfcfa
Thanks, I will try that.

In the meantime, do we know if elite maximizer purchases for 2012 count to lifetime miles?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ag205071
... do Elite Maximizer miles we bought in 2012 count toward Million Mile status, ...
based on the stated BIS rules, the answer would be no

... and do they count toward 100,000 miles to earn 1k for 2012? ...
my guess is yes but so far this has been the only statement (from last September)
Originally Posted by UA Insider
…..
Originally Posted by eagle92
Will the Elite Maximizer (I guess now the Premier Maximizer) still be around next year? If so, will that also be limited to achieving Premier Platinum like the Flex EQM's are now limited from the Presidential Plus Credit Card?
Hi eagle92, we do not have any plans to remove the Elite Maximizer option, however, we’ve yet to determine whether it will be permitted above a certain threshold. Currently, there’s not.
….
Scott O'Leary
Managing Director, Customer Solutions
United Airlines
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:49 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Sorry if this has been answered, but do Elite Maximizer miles we bought in 2012 count toward Million Mile status, and do they count toward 100,000 miles to earn 1k for 2012? Thanks.
Hi ag205071, as of January 1, 2012, miles purchased through Elite Maximizer (soon to be Premier Maximizer) will not count toward your lifetime balance, but, do count toward 1K status. Hope this helps.

Shannon
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:31 am

Hi ag205071, as of January 1, 2012, miles purchased through Elite Maximizer (soon to be Premier Maximizer) will not count toward your lifetime balance, but, do count toward 1K status. Hope this helps.

Shannon
Thank you for the clarification. Not too surprising since it has been stated only BIS miles will be counted towards Lifetime status. I think there just may have been some confusion in this transition period.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:51 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FoulWeather
A couple of weeks after my credit card came a Hyatt Gold Passport letter arrived in the mail. It basically welcomed me to the program and had my password to the website which I should use with my member number that was in the intro packet that was sent. Well the intro packet was never sent or at least it didn't reach me.

I called Hyatt GP (I think I just used a number I found on their website) and customer service was able to look up my membership information. Apparently it was created automatically when I received the Chase PP card but not everything got to me via USPS. At that point I could log in to the Hyatt Gold site and was good to go. They sent out a kit a few weeks later that had my Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum card (Gold Platinum, I feel so blingy...)
Thanks for the advice! Hyatt had me in the system, under my (very) old account number. It looks like they upgraded it to Platinum for me in November 2011*, but never sent me a new card or a letter.

* This is a guess, because it is showing Platinum now, and the most recent entry in my online account statement is an entry called "award" in November 2011, with no miles awarded/deducted, so I'm guessing that that is how the status upgrade shows up.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
Thanks for the advice! Hyatt had me in the system, under my (very) old account number. It looks like they upgraded it to Platinum for me in November 2011*, but never sent me a new card or a letter.

* This is a guess, because it is showing Platinum now, and the most recent entry in my online account statement is an entry called "award" in November 2011, with no miles awarded/deducted, so I'm guessing that that is how the status upgrade shows up.
Yup! Thats how I remember it! I had to request a card as well tho
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP

Shannon
wow, so FEQMs don't count towards 1K but you can still buy your way there??? That's a huge slap in the face to those of us who were the early users of this card. All the more reason I will be canceling it on 3/4.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore
wow, so FEQMs don't count towards 1K but you can still buy your way there??? That's a huge slap in the face to those of us who were the early users of this card. All the more reason I will be canceling it on 3/4.
I don't really want to defend UA but I am sure if Chase were willing to pay the same amount for FEQMs that we pay for Elite Maximizer that we would see FEQMs counting towards 1K.

Also, note that UA Insider said they were evaluating whether to limit the purchase of Elite Maximizer EQMs. I think this is reflective of a similar concern that UA must have regarding Chase FEQMs - to avoid people buying 1K. I think that UA would be willing to let you use a certain number of FEQMs to top off to 1K, but their main concern is that small business owners accrue so many FEQMs that they will be able to buy 1K outright just like they are able to buy Premier Platinum outright with their FEQMs.

Just my thoughts. As with all changes, there will be some folks where the new situation fundamentally changes the value proposition so they will have to change their business decision. That is unfortunate but, as they say, that's life.

Good luck!
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by lensman
I don't really want to defend UA but I am sure if Chase were willing to pay the same amount for FEQMs that we pay for Elite Maximizer that we would see FEQMs counting towards 1K.
Hmm... I've got a feeling they can't afford $300 for 1000 miles.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:25 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by lensman

. . .

I think that UA would be willing to let you use a certain number of FEQMs to top off to 1K, but their main concern is that small business owners accrue so many FEQMs that they will be able to buy 1K outright just like they are able to buy Premier Platinum outright with their FEQMs.
I agree with your first paragraph. But personally, I don't think people buying 1K outright with FEQMs was actually a major concern for UA. UA used to sell 1K outright for $20,000 IIRC (and it came with a $21,000 credit towards UA travel) with the UA prepaid travel card.

at 1,000 EQM for $5,000 Chase spending, buying 1K outright would require $500,000 in spending, which is much more than UA was previously selling 1K for, so I suspect that UA/Chase would be okay with that.

Maybe UA just wants to cut down on people flying a bunch of low fares and then topping off to 1K for free with some FEQMs.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 5:20 pm

Shannon
Shanon,

The current price for Elite Maximizer is very high compared to last year. Is the price will go down or will remain at this level?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.