Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Plus Card Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I ended up chopping up my lifeboat and applying my 30k in NXFEQMs to my 2011 OnePass balance. Here's my reasoning. It applied to me and my situation and may not be applicable to yours.

1. I will be 1MM at the end of 1Q when the MP and OP FF systems are merged. This means 1P/Gold/Premier Gold for life.
2. Thus, my NXFEQMs will only be useful for taking me from PG to PP in a year when I actually fly enough to get close to 75k EQMs. For arguments sake we'll say 45k EQMs.
3. Most years, I won't need the FEQMs because I'll be 1P for life. At my current spending level and the three year expiration, I'll end up earning about 15k FEQMs a year and sitting at 45k FEQMs if I don't spend them. What I'll probably do is to use them to "upgrade" from PG to PP in years when I'm actually above 50k in EQMs.
4. The 30k in FEQMs are 3% of the way to 2MM for me, but this will only take me from 20 years to 2MM to 19.4 years, not a big factor.

Question: Will your FEQMs go away when you cancel your PPlus card or will they stick around? I didn't want to take a chance that they would go away so that was another part to my deciding to burn them this year.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lensman
I ended up chopping up my lifeboat and applying my 30k in NXFEQMs to my 2011 OnePass balance. Here's my reasoning. It applied to me and my situation and may not be applicable to yours.

1. I will be 1MM at the end of 1Q when the MP and OP FF systems are merged. This means 1P/Gold/Premier Gold for life.
2. Thus, my NXFEQMs will only be useful for taking me from PG to PP in a year when I actually fly enough to get close to 75k EQMs. For arguments sake we'll say 45k EQMs.
3. Most years, I won't need the FEQMs because I'll be 1P for life. At my current spending level and the three year expiration, I'll end up earning about 15k FEQMs a year and sitting at 45k FEQMs if I don't spend them. What I'll probably do is to use them to "upgrade" from PG to PP in years when I'm actually above 50k in EQMs.
4. The 30k in FEQMs are 3% of the way to 2MM for me, but this will only take me from 20 years to 2MM to 19.4 years, not a big factor.

Question: Will your FEQMs go away when you cancel your PPlus card or will they stick around? I didn't want to take a chance that they would go away so that was another part to my deciding to burn them this year.
If they do them like Amex does their MR points they will go away. Lost a BUNCH of MR points when a previous company decided to switch from Amex to Visa as the corporate card. And I was just about to a reward I wanted. Not happy.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi mbreuer, that’s correct. You can apply Flex EQMs to the prior year (in this case 2011) through March 31, 2012. If your Flex EQMs are applied to your 2011 balance, they will be counted as lifetime flight miles. If added to your 2012 balance, they will not count.

Shannon
Thanks for the clarification, Shannon. I wish that UA would consider counting NXFEQM's in the one-time sweep, since they were earned with the understanding that they would eventually be applied to our MM status.

I'm not going to burn my just so they will count toward MM status, as I may need them if I have an off year.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by lensman

UA Insider clarified this way back - you won't lose anything that's already been transferred to Continental.

If I were that close to MM I'd do the same... and I might be except I have no idea about mileage I accrued on UA back in the early 1980's. It doesn't show on my lifetime... maybe I got a new # and didn't realize it... need to figure out where to even begin digging that up.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:50 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi mbreuer, that’s correct. You can apply Flex EQMs to the prior year (in this case 2011) through March 31, 2012. If your Flex EQMs are applied to your 2011 balance, they will be counted as lifetime flight miles. If added to your 2012 balance, they will not count.

Shannon
Thanks, Shannon, for answering this definitively (and during the Holidays, no less)!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:04 am

Just a data point I rang the OPSC to transfer a few FEQMs to get me to 100K for (probably my last time), the agent took down the info and said she would send off the info to Marketing to have them applied. She then asked if wanted a specific number or just enough to get me 100K, I said just enough to get me 100K and she said not an issue they should post within 72 hours.

24 Hours later they posted just enough FEQMs for me to hit 100K taking into account the two flights that had posted that morning.

Dan
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:05 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Hi everyone, it is now 12/30 and my FEQMs from my 12/20 statement closing still do not appear to have posted. I'm freaking out a bit because today is the last day for me to cash in UA Choices for EQM on the UA side if my FEQM plan doesn't work, but I am trying to stay calm based on the fact that FEQM can be retroactively applied through March.. So I was hoping you all could help me with a few more questions to make sure I understand correctly:

1. When FEQMs post (before you actually convert them to EQMs), they should show up in the "Flexible Elite Qualifying Miles" row of the OnePass summary page online, right?
2. Is the Chase statement supposed to indicate that FEQMs have been earned, or are those silently awarded, even though RDMs are printed on the statement?
3. Chase phone agent told me it takes 2-3 weeks from the statement closing date. Does that sound right?
4. Has anyone here ever had FEQMs fail to post and had to call and get them posted manually? Or do they always post automatically, and it's just a matter of sooner/later?

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA MP - PreExec, PC Rewards , IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Ive called One pass multiple times today and can't get them to confirm that they will allow FEQM to be deposited for 2011 status up to 3/31 in 2012.

I already traded in some choice miles for EQMS on United and hoping my charges on the PP card in Dec/Jan/Feb will get me the remaining 1700 EQMs I need through FEMQ

UA Insider - can you confirm that not only we will have till 3/31 to use FEQM for 2011 status and slow this question

Will purchases made in Jan/Feb on the PP card that create FEQMs - can be used as well?

Thanks

Leeor
Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by leeormorris
....UA Insider - can you confirm that not only we will have till 3/31 to use FEQM for 2011 status and slow this question.....
a little reading of the thread will discover this has already been responded to post #1090 - less than 15 posts earlier

and here

How do I use my Flex EQMs?

Your Flex EQMs will be displayed on your OnePass account statement and may be redeemed at any time and added to your earned EQM balance to upgrade your Elite status or increase your current EQM balance. Effective Jan. 1, 2012, Flex EQMs can be redeemed to achieve up to Platinum Elite status or the equivalent level in MileagePlus. You may redeem your Flex EQMs on continental.com by logging into My Account and selecting “Transfer Flexible Elite Miles.” You have until March 31 to apply these miles to a previous year's balance. For example, a customer earned 70,000 EQMs in 2009, enough to earn Gold Elite status for the 2010 Elite year. That customer has until March 31, 2010, to apply 5,000 Flex EQMs to his 2009 balance to attain Platinum Elite status for 2010.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by leeormorris
Ive called One pass multiple times today and can't get them to confirm that they will allow FEQM to be deposited for 2011 status up to 3/31 in 2012.

I already traded in some choice miles for EQMS on United and hoping my charges on the PP card in Dec/Jan/Feb will get me the remaining 1700 EQMs I need through FEMQ

UA Insider - can you confirm that not only we will have till 3/31 to use FEQM for 2011 status and slow this question

Will purchases made in Jan/Feb on the PP card that create FEQMs - can be used as well?

Thanks

Leeor
Did you read post 1090? UA Insider did confirm that you've got until 3/31l to apply pre-2012 FlexEQM to your 2011 EQM balance; and that they'd also apply for MM status.

I don't think any FlexEQM awarded past December 31 could be counted towards 2011 - those would be the new expiring miles. I expect that it's not when you made the purchase, but when the closing date of your statement is that would determine the FlexEQM year. So, you should get whatever you're due from the last statement in 2011 as 2011 - but if you're waiting for December purchases and they'll be on your January statement, then it's time for Elite Maximizer - or a December 31st mileage run... or lose status.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Not sure whether these questions are relevant to the topic of 2012 changes, but I'll play the helpful forum participant and leave the moderating to the moderators.
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
1. When FEQMs post (before you actually convert them to EQMs), they should show up in the "Flexible Elite Qualifying Miles" row of the OnePass summary page online, right?
Yes
2. Is the Chase statement supposed to indicate that FEQMs have been earned, or are those silently awarded, even though RDMs are printed on the statement?
No
3. Chase phone agent told me it takes 2-3 weeks from the statement closing date. Does that sound right?
Yes. That's been my experience.
4. Has anyone here ever had FEQMs fail to post and had to call and get them posted manually? Or do they always post automatically, and it's just a matter of sooner/later?
AFAIK, my FEQMs have always posted.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
If I can apply the FEQM I earn between 1/1 and 3/31 to my 2011 balance (with no limit above 75k), I'll keep my card till it closes on the 25th of March. I'd even keep the card if with the 75k limit if it counted towards lifetime miles.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, former AA Gold
Datapoint on rention bonuses for PPlus card

Offered nada. Not even a "sorry to lose you as a customer." Whole process took < 90 seconds. Annual spending ~$45,000.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:30 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by happenstance3
Offered nada. Not even a "sorry to lose you as a customer." Whole process took < 90 seconds. Annual spending ~$45,000.
Only 9k flex EQMs, though with the 3 year rule, you could have managed to get about 36k EQMs in 2014 Jan to prolong your status till Feb 2016
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Does anyone know when you have to cancel in order to avoid the following year's annual fee? My understanding is that you can cancel within 30 days of being billed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.