Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
COUA/Chase have still not addressed whether FlexEQM's earned prior to 2012 will count towards lifetime whenever applied. I and others are anxiously awaiting word.
I doubt it given that they'll eventually be on the the "new technology platform" that will likely not count any new FEQM into the new MM.

What would NOT surprise me is if FEQM will continue to count towards MM through 1Q, since they won't actually have the new combined system in place.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Why would they? Going forward 2012-onward, UA/CO BIS is the only thing that will add to lifetime mileage (a good change IMO) - that has been made very clear.

If you want your FEQM added to lifetime mileage, you have until 12/31. Otherwise, it's just annual EQM in the future.
Why would they address it or why would they count?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Why would they? Going forward 2012-onward, UA/CO BIS is the only thing that will add to lifetime mileage (a good change IMO) - that has been made very clear.

If you want your FEQM added to lifetime mileage, you have until 12/31. Otherwise, it's just annual EQM in the future.
Simple: those were the terms of the credit card offer through the end of 2011. They could just apply the current FlexEQM balance towards MM status at the end of this year and allow us to keep the FlexEQM available for future years where we may fall short.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: United MP (Platinum), AS (75K), AA (GM)
Originally Posted by thefiverivers
Are you booking through ual.com or continental.com? Thanks!
So far it was my company doing the bookings through a travel agent - once they give me the conf # I would call UA and have them add my "Continental OnePass Number" to the reservation. I've got a flight that I booked via united.com coming up this weekend so let's see how that works out.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier iK, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by amartin1979
How long does it take for United Club membership to arrive after receiving the credit card? How do I access the lounge in the meantime while waiting for my United Club card to arrive?
Mine arrived late last week, 32 days after approval for the card.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:52 pm

tj722,

Report back to us how you make out.

If you book through Continental it will be interesting to see if your status correctly appears on your United ticket.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by NJRonbo
tj722,

Report back to us how you make out.

If you book through Continental it will be interesting to see if your status correctly appears on your United ticket.
FYI - I've booked UA tickets on CO and CO tickets at UA. Both properly reflected my status using only my OP #.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Anyone know or hear when the UA card is supposed to finally come out (and/or when this one will be discontinued)?

I thought it would be before year end and we're getting pretty close when you take into account that the US closes down for the last 2 weeks of the year.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
the US closes down for the last 2 weeks of the year.
We do?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:00 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by grahatd
Mine arrived late last week, 32 days after approval for the card.
My United Club card (nice design, btw) arrived ~ two weeks or so after the credit card.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
My United Club card (nice design, btw) arrived ~ two weeks or so after the credit card.
I just received my new United Card as well (I didn't realize my old one expires this month). I like the new design as well!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:01 pm

Because, they can program whatever they want! afterall they will be tracking the prior to 2012 seperate from post 2012. That means you can have a different set of rules for those. As i've said before, why penalize the people who did not need those this year when they are leveling the playing field between UA BIS and CO EQM. This one is not a big deal for them so why alienate anybody. I have written one pass on this issue and was told they would count when applied and I was specifically asking about the ending FEQM balance on 12/31/11. Some people interpret they did not answer the question, but I thoght my question was clear and their response clear. That said, I remain leery until a general announcement is made.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:22 pm

So the united club card is different than the credit card?! I am getting my card in the mail today or tomorrow, you mean I cannot use club access for my flight Thursday? WTH
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by P3R3
So the united club card is different than the credit card?! I am getting my card in the mail today or tomorrow, you mean I cannot use club access for my flight Thursday? WTH
You cannot access it using your credit card -- however, you should have access via your OnePass number (listed on your boarding pass and/or your One Pass card).

You should also get a message that you already have membership if you visit here: https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...lub/apply.aspx

(it should not let you apply)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by edcho
You cannot access it using your credit card -- however, you should have access via your OnePass number (listed on your boarding pass and/or your One Pass card).
Unless something has changed dramatically, that will only work for at the CO clubs; a couple of months ago I was 50/50 on RCC staff having the slightest clue about how to look up membership via a OP number and it took phone calls "to Houston" in each case. Maybe the IT has gotten better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.