Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hilton Preferential Gold VIP, Hyatt Platinum, United Club
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Transcon35, I realize this one is a bit confusing, but until Jan. 1 2012, you’ll indeed be able to do as others here have suggested. Until 2012, there is no cap on the FlexEQMs you can apply. Officially, in the current OnePass program, Platinum is the highest status (outside of Presidential Platinum, of course), but, with linking accounts and combining your activity, OnePass members with EQMs of 100K or more for 2011 are will be matched to 1K.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights and Metrics
United Airlines
Dear UA Insider,

You said above that "Until 2012, there is no cap on the FlexEQMs you can apply" to achieve status (including 1K). This was in response to my question about whether I could use my FlexEQMs in calendar year 2011 to achieve 1K status in 2012. Your promise is also consistent with what Chase is saying and advertising on its site.

Yet I just tried to do exactly that on Continental.com (e.g., apply the additional FEQMs I needed to go from Platinum to 1K), and I got the following message:

"We could not process your request. The OnePass number you entered has already qualified for Platinum Elite status."

Please fix this glitch, and let me know once the glitch is fixed so that I can do as you promised, and apply these FEQMs to get 1K status.

Thanks,

Transcon35

p.s. -- so my fellow FTers know why I am transfering these now, before year-end: I have tons of these FEQMs, more than I will ever be able to use, as I often spend 15-25K a month on this card. I always fly at least 75K a year, so these FEQMs will all soon be just about useless to me, as their usage will be capped to achieving Platinum status starting in 2012, which I fly enough to attain without using FEQMs. I have some long-haul flights coming up on United; I know that if I transfer these FEQMs now to get to 100,000 EQMs in my CO account, my status should match to 1K on United in time for these flights (if it weren't for this glitch in the system preventing me from doing so). And so although I know that by transfering them now, instead of waiting until late December to see exactly how many I would need to get to 100,000/1K for elite year 2012, I will be "wasting" some FEQMs, there's no need for me to save them anyway, since I can't use them anytime in the foreseeable future, and at least by using them now they'll get me some upgrades on some end-of-year long-hauls. Also, by transfering them now, I got to see if the system actually would, as UA Insider promised above, allow me to transfer them, with enough time before the year ends and the policy changes to let them fix the system if it wouldn't!

Originally Posted by Transcon35
Dear UA Insider,

You said above that "Until 2012, there is no cap on the FlexEQMs you can apply" to achieve status (including 1K). This was in response to my question about whether I could use my FlexEQMs in calendar year 2011 to achieve 1K status in 2012. Your promise is also consistent with what Chase is saying and advertising on its site.

Yet I just tried to do exactly that on Continental.com (e.g., apply the additional FEQMs I needed to go from Platinum to 1K), and I got the following message:

"We could not process your request. The OnePass number you entered has already qualified for Platinum Elite status."

Please fix this glitch, and let me know once the glitch is fixed so that I can do as you promised, and apply these FEQMs to get 1K status.

Thanks,

Transcon35
I just spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the OPSC, and they acknowledged that the policy of allowing unlimited FEQMs transfers until Jan. 1, 2012 (including to achieve 100,000/1K status) was indeed, as UA Insider said, in effect, and that the policy had been handed down by management. To make a long story short (and I'm not sure I'll get all the technical aspects right here...), the person I spoke with, who went back and forth with someone else, said the issue was being fixed right away, was not complicated, that the transfer was "showing" internally, and that they just had to get it to display in my account, and that my 100,000 EQMs should thus show in my account by tomorrow, which will then in turn qualify/match me for 1K (through Jan. 31, 2013) in my linked United account within the week, and that future "FEQM transferees" should not have this issue when trying to get to 100,000 before the Jan. 1 policy change.

We shall see, but I think the issue is fixed.

If not, I will let you all know.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 8, 2011 at 6:07 pm Reason: merge
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Dear UA Insider,

We shall see, but I think the issue is fixed.

If not, I will let you all know.
Good news.. as I may do this myself... though I don't have anywhere near as FEQM many as you.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
If you are able to regenerate FEQM fast, I see no reason not to apply every single one you have this year so at least they'll count in the lifetime count...
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

I suggest yu call the OPSC and have them apply the miles manually.
...And so although I know that by transfering them now, instead of waiting until late December to see exactly how many I would need to get to 100,000/1K for elite year 2012, I will be "wasting" some FEQMs, there's no need for me to save them anyway, since I can't use them anytime in the foreseeable future, and at least by using them now they'll get me some upgrades on some end-of-year long-hauls.
When applied to your OnePass account before 2012 the FEQM will also count toward lifetime status.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
So... I got a survey yesterday for what seemed to be proposed changes to Chase/COUA offerings. Unfortunately, I did not qualify based on my first few responses.

Anyone else get one (and qualify)? If so, any hints about what might be coming?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA1K,MM
Have I missed any discussion on whether the EQM that are earned on several of the Chase Mileage Plus VISA cards by Total or UAL.com spending will apply towards 1K status, i.e. past the 75K limit that pertains to the FLEX EQM on the Chase PP Card?

Thanks

Tinman
Old Nov 14, 2011, 3:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tinman
Have I missed any discussion on whether the EQM that are earned on several of the Chase Mileage Plus VISA cards by Total or UAL.com spending will apply towards 1K status, i.e. past the 75K limit that pertains to the FLEX EQM on the Chase PP Card? ...
lots of discussion / speculation but no statement from UA or Chase.
So far assuming no message, no change
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Tinman
Have I missed any discussion on whether the EQM that are earned on several of the Chase Mileage Plus VISA cards by Total or UAL.com spending will apply towards 1K status, i.e. past the 75K limit that pertains to the FLEX EQM on the Chase PP Card?

Thanks

Tinman
No official word yet, but I'm convinced they will soon be just as "off limits" for use beyond 75k as the PP card FEQMs are. If they're not going to allow one, why allow the other?

I think it's just a matter of time before "more bad news" is announced.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:02 am

Just got approved for my PP card, They said the card i'm getting is a world elite MC. What are the differences between this and a regular world mastercard
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ayodeji13
Just got approved for my PP card, They said the card i'm getting is a world elite MC. What are the differences between this and a regular world mastercard
It's Elite
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: many
I dont think this answers your question, but just so you know, both the older (last year's version of the) CO PP card and the recent (last month's) CO PP card, though both physically a little different from each other, both list World Elite above the MC logo.

Hope you got the PP with the first year annual fee waived.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Check here -

http://world.mastercard.com/faq/index/#q1
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Wait, does anyone know if UACO will get Mastercard to call this the World Premier Card instead of World Elite?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: Too many
Hi all,

long time lurker. I've been reading this thread and it's quite big, and the search doesn't seem so helpful. Are there any signup bonuses with the Presidential Plus card, similar to the 30K-50K for the OnePass Plus card?

Thank you!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by ANotherOne
Hi all,

long time lurker. I've been reading this thread and it's quite big, and the search doesn't seem so helpful. Are there any signup bonuses with the Presidential Plus card, similar to the 30K-50K for the OnePass Plus card?

Thank you!
No

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.