Search

Presidential Plus Card Changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:34 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by midnightio
There is something I want to clarify (with a simple 'what-if'):

Starting in 2012, if I accumulated 20k FEQM by May 2012 and elected to redeem them, and then I flew 80k EQMs by December 2012, would I then have 100k EQM and qualify for 1K and the 6 SWU's?

Thanks in Advance!
This was clarified. The answer is no.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
You will receive a separate card for the club. The mastercard does not indicate lounge access nor is your op number on it anywhere. Lounges outside (and sometimes even the United lounges) would have trouble letting you in, LH certainly wouldn't let you in.
As for the bag tags, my bag will always best yours coming out.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by midnightio
There is something I want to clarify (with a simple 'what-if'):

Starting in 2012, if I accumulated 20k FEQM by May 2012 and elected to redeem them, and then I flew 80k EQMs by December 2012, would I then have 100k EQM and qualify for 1K and the 6 SWU's?

Thanks in Advance!
No.

In 2012, NO amount of FEQMs can be used to attain any level higher than Platinum.

That is what has so many people in this thread very upset.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:51 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by irimia
I sent the following email to CO:

I have simple question concerning announced Million Miler program being implemented in 2012. Will unapplied Flex miles not applied as of 12/31/11 count towards lifetime flight miles when applied? If they don’t, it seems like a penalty to those who have achieved top status without needing these miles.

Thanks for your attention to this question

The response was as follows:

Dear Sir:

Thank you for contacting the OnePass Service Center.

Flexible Elite Qualification Miles once applied will also be included towards Lifetime miles. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Regards,

XXXXXX XXXXXXX
OnePass Service Center

If this in fact is the case, there will be no need to dump them in this year.
I'm using all my FEQMs this year to add to my lifetime total. There's been some pretty authoritative statements made by UA staff that only BIS miles will count after 12/31/2011, and I wouldn't rely on a reply from some random person at the OPSC that IMHO didn't actually answer your question.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by TomA
(Actually, the best card IMO considering flights alone is the Citibank PremierPass Elite which gives you 1 point per $ AND 1 point PER MILE FLOWN--I don't know of any other card like that. Even the airline cards don't do that.)
There is a catch on this. The points for mile flown will be match for every dollar you spend. For example, if you flown 5000 miles and spend $1000 on the credit card, you will only be given 1000 point for miles flown and the rest will be on hold until you spend more on the card.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by skj
I'm using all my FEQMs this year to add to my lifetime total. There's been some pretty authoritative statements made by UA staff that only BIS miles will count after 12/31/2011, and I wouldn't rely on a reply from some random person at the OPSC that IMHO didn't actually answer your question.
I do not disagree with you on what has been said so far. The thing is my question was specific to the ending 2011 miles not applied. With the one time UA adjustment for eqms, it seems they are trying to level the playing field. How is penalizing those who earned 1K status this year without these miles being fair to those with ending 2011 FEQM balances. Afterall, the non true 1K (those who had 80K EQM and applied 20K FEQM to attain 1K) will end up being treated better than true 1Ks. Seems to me only logical that you do not want to iritate your better customer. I think this needs to be further clarified.

Also, if you are right, how will they react when I argue that I based my decision on this email?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Yfirst gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Plat.
BOf A just blinked due to consumer presure with there debit card. We can hope that Chase/COUAL rethinks the wisdom of the PP card changes. We can hope
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
I do not disagree with you on what has been said so far. The thing is my question was specific to the ending 2011 miles not applied. With the one time UA adjustment for eqms, it seems they are trying to level the playing field. How is penalizing those who earned 1K status this year without these miles being fair to those with ending 2011 FEQM balances. Afterall, the non true 1K (those who had 80K EQM and applied 20K FEQM to attain 1K) will end up being treated better than true 1Ks. Seems to me only logical that you do not want to iritate your better customer. I think this needs to be further clarified.

Also, if you are right, how will they react when I argue that I based my decision on this email?
They didn't actually answer your question and would likely argue that they merely confirmed that the miles applied in 2011 would count towards lifetime.

For what it's worth, I've also asked the OPSC and am awaiting a response. It would be nice if UA Insider could get some clarification.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:58 am

has anyone heard of when they might be releasing a co-branded United/Co card similar to the pres plus card?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P

You're assuming that they consider a 100,000 mile flyer as a better customer than an 80,000 mile flyer that also spent $100,000 on their card. I think that assumption is probably incorrect--hence the results you are seeing.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:18 am
RNE

Originally Posted by playsccr
has anyone heard of when they might be releasing a co-branded United/Co card similar to the pres plus card?
Yes. We all know all about the new card; we're just not telling you.

RNE, apologizing, "Waiting for news on a new card is making my chronic sarcasm flare up. The mum miscreants at United and Chase are to blame."
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner
You will receive a separate card for the club. The mastercard does not indicate lounge access nor is your op number on it anywhere. Lounges outside (and sometimes even the United lounges) would have trouble letting you in, LH certainly wouldn't let you in.
As for the bag tags, my bag will always best yours coming out.
I blinked and signed up for this card because of the no fee first year promo.

Just to clarify -- the Chase agent said we can show the credit card with photo ID and get the lounge access.

Now I only expect that will work reliably at the old CO lounges though as you point out given lack of training elsewhere...
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: CO (now UA) 1K / Hyatt Platinum / UMPPPC / SLH Honoured
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer:17396942
Just to clarify -- the Chase agent said we can show the credit card with photo ID and get the lounge access.

Now I only expect that will work reliably at the old CO lounges though as you point out given lack of training elsewhere...
It actually probably won't work. I have tried. With much begging and explaining you might be lucky and get them to let you in, but probably not. It is exceptionally irritating to have to carry a second card. Actually, it is a third card--onepass pres plus cc, the pres plus lounge access card, and the onepass elite membership card.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by electroflyer
It actually probably won't work.
That's strange; I've OFTEN gotten in with a photo ID alone.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: CO (now UA) 1K / Hyatt Platinum / UMPPPC / SLH Honoured
Originally Posted by TomA:17397311
Originally Posted by electroflyer
It actually probably won't work.
That's strange; I've OFTEN gotten in with a photo ID alone.
Based on having a chase pplus card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.