Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by tabTX
I will close 2011 with about 90,000 EQM. I have 21,000 FEQM. Color me screwed......
Hmmm... seems like you would transfer 10,000 FEQM to EQM and save the rest. You CAN use them for 1K status THIS year.

I'd say you would be screwed if you were over 100,000 EQM and had a pile of FEQM--that's where I am.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'd say you would be screwed if you were over 100,000 EQM and had a pile of FEQM--that's where I am.
well, this year they count toward MM so you might as well dump 'em in.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, H.H. Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, Enterprise Plat, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by TomA
Doesn't really matter. Flex miles are based on total spending regardless of flights. The only difference on flights is that you get double reward miles.

(Actually, the best card IMO considering flights alone is the Citibank PremierPass Elite which gives you 1 point per $ AND 1 point PER MILE FLOWN--I don't know of any other card like that. Even the airline cards don't do that.)
I was commenting more on you saying OP should be made GS. Sorry for the vagueness.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by SEABrad
I was commenting more on you saying OP should be made GS. Sorry for the vagueness.
Haha.. I see. Well, I actually meant that if he spent that much on their card this year they should make him GS based on the spending alone.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by hvnflyer
Absolutely right. I will be a 2 million flyer who charges $500,000 a year and the flex miles will be no good to me. I am definately getting rid of my Chase card and will probably go over to AMEX. Chase will suffer with the big spenders
Couldnt agree with you more. I have a Co PP and an Amex because of the credit limits. I put about $600k /yr on the Amex from my business and about $250k on my PP. I fly between CO and Delta. Would love to be able to use CO solely.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by TomA
Wow. 100k flex miles? If you aren't exaggerating, they should make you GS.
Yea same here, I had 150,000+ FEQMs saved up. With the new policy, I just deposited them all to convert them to SWUs.

Like a previous post mentioned, Chase will lose BIG with the heavy spenders.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
So - long story short...

I *may* keep the card for lounge access & other benefits... but will probably move my spend back to Amex (except for those few pesky places that don't take Amex).

What would get me to continue putting spend on the Chase card (and note to COUA - I've got 28k FEQM so far this year):
  1. FlexEQM will apply to MM status after 2011
  2. Some portion of FlexEQM usable towards 1K
  3. Provision to extend expiration if FlexEQM unusable due to flying in excess of 75k for each of the years prior to expiration (or apply towards MM)
  4. Some other new unannounced benefit for spend

One other question I haven't seen answered anywhere: does FlexEQM earned prior to 2012 apply to MM status if applied after 2011?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: United, AA Gold, InsideFlyer subscriber
There is something I want to clarify (with a simple 'what-if'):

Starting in 2012, if I accumulated 20k FEQM by May 2012 and elected to redeem them, and then I flew 80k EQMs by December 2012, would I then have 100k EQM and qualify for 1K and the 6 SWU's?

Thanks in Advance!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
well, this year they count toward MM so you might as well dump 'em in.
I sent the following email to CO:

I have simple question concerning announced Million Miler program being implemented in 2012. Will unapplied Flex miles not applied as of 12/31/11 count towards lifetime flight miles when applied? If they donít, it seems like a penalty to those who have achieved top status without needing these miles.

Thanks for your attention to this question

The response was as follows:

Dear Sir:

Thank you for contacting the OnePass Service Center.

Flexible Elite Qualification Miles once applied will also be included towards Lifetime miles. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Regards,

XXXXXX XXXXXXX
OnePass Service Center

If this in fact is the case, there will be no need to dump them in this year.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by midnightio
There is something I want to clarify (with a simple 'what-if'):

Starting in 2012, if I accumulated 20k FEQM by May 2012 and elected to redeem them, and then I flew 80k EQMs by December 2012, would I then have 100k EQM and qualify for 1K and the 6 SWU's?
The answer hasn't changed: no.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
Originally Posted by mbreuer
Provision to extend expiration if FlexEQM unusable due to flying in excess of 75k for each of the years prior to expiration (or apply towards MM)
^ I like this idea. I can live with many of the other aspects, but the whole "you can't use them, AND they will expire before you can" kind of blows
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:01 pm

Holding FEQM or not??

What is the general consensus, are people cashing in their FEQM in 2011? Or holding them 2012+ since they won't expire??
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: CO Plat, PPlus
Probably depends on your situation .. I'm keeping the card for non-FEQM perks since the devaluation, and my spend on it will drop to nil next year, so I'm cashing in mine.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by EliaZinn
What is the general consensus, are people cashing in their FEQM in 2011? Or holding them 2012+ since they won't expire??

I'm keeping mine, but I'm really ticked that they only count for million miler status (up through 12/31/11) once they are applied. They should count if they were earned prior to 12/31/11.

Last edited by SS255; Nov 3, 2011 at 9:09 am
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:33 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I applied on 10/15 using the fee waiver link posted earlier in this thread and just received my card in the mail. Thanks, FT! ^

Question. The agent who activated my card told me I would not receive a separate United Club card, and that my Pres. Plus card would get me into United Clubs. Is that true?

I am not sure about his information, because he also told me I would have my "own security line" at the airport [me and 100 of my closest friends ] and that I could board at "any time" [except the beginning ] and that priority tags would make sure that my bags would be the "first" to be delivered [not sure about how CO does it, but on UA, my bags have been the last off the belt more times than they have been #1 off the belt].

But yeah, do I get a PC/UA Club card? If not, how do I get into Amtrak lounges?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.