Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by rgrunnah
I am still waiting for my March FEQMs to post, and fully intend to insist they be applied to 2011 status to get me to 1K and to credit my lifetime mileage balance.
I believe that the deadline for doing this is today. Even if your miles post and you put in your request today, I think you're nt going to be successful with this. The normal channels all seem to reject such requests. The only way I and others have of late been able to get FEQM posted to 2011 when the 2011 EQM balance is over 75k is with the assistance of UA Insider. If your FEQM do post today I suggest going that route and not wasting time on hold and being rejected.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Platinum, US Air Gold, Starwood Platinum
Succesful transfer of FEQMs to 2011, thanx to UA Insider

Sent a message to UA Insider on the 28th asking for my FEQMS to be credited to 2011, and it was done within 24 hours.

Thanks, Shannon!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I believe that the deadline for doing this is today. Even if your miles post and you put in your request today, I think you're nt going to be successful with this. The normal channels all seem to reject such requests. The only way I and others have of late been able to get FEQM posted to 2011 when the 2011 EQM balance is over 75k is with the assistance of UA Insider. If your FEQM do post today I suggest going that route and not wasting time on hold and being rejected.
As I posted elsewhere, I was able to get my FEQM's posted yesterday to get me to 1K for 2011. But it was a lengthy, painful process on the phone. Had I known about the UA Insider route I would have avoided the phone reps.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: One or two :)
Updated United PP card

I just got a replacement United PP card today after the old one's number had been compromised.... Liking the new feel of the card. It is nowhere near as flimsy as the old card and seems to have some "weight" added to it. Mastercard logo is all silver on the back, and the United blue seems to be a shade or two darker. Two thumbs up from me!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
I just got a replacement United PP card today after the old one's number had been compromised.... Liking the new feel of the card. It is nowhere near as flimsy as the old card and seems to have some "weight" added to it. Mastercard logo is all silver on the back, and the United blue seems to be a shade or two darker. Two thumbs up from me!
Are you willing to post an image of the card? I would like to see the new shade of blue on the card.

Last edited by 14940674; Apr 26, 2012 at 6:51 pm
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Originally Posted by 14940674
Are you willing to post an image of the card? I would like to see the new shade of blue on the card.
This guy post a photo of the front side of his card.

I love the new feel of the M+ Club Card! That metal core has some weight to it! ^
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by 767400
This guy post a photo of the front side of his card.

I love the new feel of the M+ Club Card! That metal core has some weight to it! ^
Hey tha'ts me!

Between this card and the Sapphire Preferred (and the 4 other cc's), my wallet is getting too damn crowded
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
COIAHLGW, did you get a new Pres Plus card (not United Club Card)? I'm hoping that if the number is compromised and a new card issued, that it doesn't mean that they convert you to the Club card involuntarily. I like the Pres Plus and want to keep it. (And I had to get a new card in December after the number was compromised!)

Also, have recent flex EQMs been slow or non-posting the last couple weeks? I know I should have had some post but they haven't and seem to be quite tardy now....not sure if the cutover from CO to UA has affected that maybe.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UAzip
COIAHLGW, did you get a new Pres Plus card (not United Club Card)? I'm hoping that if the number is compromised and a new card issued, that it doesn't mean that they convert you to the Club card involuntarily.
My PP card was compromised about a Month ago and the replacement is identical--says "Continental" and everything.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 4:38 am
RNE

Originally Posted by UAzip
Also, have recent flex EQMs been slow or non-posting the last couple weeks?....not sure if the cutover from CO to UA has affected that maybe.
No effect in my case. Takes about 10 days to appear.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:16 am

Yes, it was definitely a new PresPlus card - it did not automatically get converted over to the new card. I'll try and scan or take pic later - it is my daughters birthday and mayhem around here! Just a little different than the United club card.

My last flex miles were added in March, my experience is that they usually post a couple of weeks after the statement cycles, much like RNE has said. The regular purchase miles usually post within a couple of days. My statement cycles on the 22nd of every month.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:25 am

Well - let's try this - http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/...ipaul/card.jpg
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Cool--good to know that they didn't force a change.

Flex EQMs from my last statement are taking a lot longer to post this month than they used to--maybe they used to post early for me and now will post on a regular schedule.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Fee waiver?

Has anyone applied for the new united mp club card using the first year waived fee promo while still a pres plus cardholder? any issues or order of ops one should follow (i.e., cancel pp, then apply for m+c, etc)? I'm ok getting a new card number and switching to visa if i can get the fee waived. Thx.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
My PP card was compromised about a Month ago and the replacement is identical--says "Continental" and everything.
My card was compromised at abut the same time ... my new one says United but is definitely a PP card...

I wonder what happened -- it seems quite a few PP accounts were compromised...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.