Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Anyone else finding that the Sort function doesn't work when searching flights on the iPhone app?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Anyone else finding that the Sort function doesn't work when searching flights on the iPhone app?
Particularly for award flights, yes, the app's sort functionality is completely broken and utterly useless.

Fortunately UA's new responsive website works on mobile Safari, and the sort function is usable there.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Ive noticed that sometimes using the sort button actually removed multiple options that were there before. Maybe the sorting was so bad that I just didnt see them again, but even when i unsortsd them I couldnt find the ones I had seen.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Sort by duration seems to work. Sort by arrival time doesnt.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got a "Boarding Has Begun...proceed to get xxx" notification message from a flight I enabled notification on the United App. Is this something new?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by username
Just got a "Boarding Has Begun...proceed to get xxx" notification message from a flight I enabled notification on the United App. Is this something new?
yep! Started seeing it about 2 weeks ago!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got this message about non-stop flights being available. When in fact there are none. When I first saw it I thought it was stating "there are NO non-stop flights....."

Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Didn't get a boarding push alert yet, but I did see today that you can now view flight status for Star Alliance airlines.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I've had a bunch of bugs in the past 24 hours on the United app and these are all new to me:

1. Check-in window didn't open at 24 hours both through the check-in tile on the home screen or through the reservation itself. It finally opened around 20 hours (give or take, I wasn't watching closely). I thought this was possibly related to my phone being in multiple time zones yesterday due to all the driving I was doing. But even after a shutdown and restart of the app it didn't fix itself.

2. Flight status showed my flights for today (starting yesterday - again around 20 hours) and for flights I have on Monday. Then this morning all the flights disappeared and the app said I had no flights upcoming in flight status. The reservations were still there, however.

We all know about the 'bug' of upgrade lists not being displayed.

Overall, still the best airline app out there. I just wonder what UA is tinkering with in the background and what changes we're about to hear about from UA (or if they'll just implement changes without notifying anyone).

-RM
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
No issues for me and I even checked in internationally.. I did have concerned because when I checked in on the app I didn't check the box to save passport data on my outbound however it all propagated well on the return
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Currently logged in (logged out and logged back in) to the app, buying a roundtrip and it wants to charge me for E+ on the outbound leg, but states that I get it for free on the return....
And yes, it notes that I am 1K on both segments and even has the usual text "1K: You and 8 of your companions receive complimentary Economy Plus seating"...

I'm shook.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:59 am

Has someone found a foolproof way to get your mobile BP quickly scanned at the gate?

IME, holding my phone above the reader doesn't work most of the time. I have to lay my phone down still on the reader, and even with the barcode perfectly aligned it still takes 1-2 seconds (sometimes even more) to read, which is too long compared to a paper BP. The reader also often manages to read the barcode a second time while I remove my phone from the reader, resulting in the long beep with a red "PAX ALREADY RECONCILED" dialog on the GA's screen. Most GA's are used to this dialog popping up, but every once in a while I encounter a GA who holds me back to verify that I was correctly scanned.

FWIW, I use an iPhone X with the UA app's default settings, including temporary full brightness while the mobile BP is displayed. I do have a screen protector (Belkin brand, applied to my phone by an Apple Store associate) but I haven't noticed any issues with scanning because of this in other scenario's.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mozilla
Has someone found a foolproof way to get your mobile BP quickly scanned at the gate?

IME, holding my phone above the reader doesn't work most of the time. I have to lay my phone down still on the reader, and even with the barcode perfectly aligned it still takes 1-2 seconds (sometimes even more) to read, which is too long compared to a paper BP. The reader also often manages to read the barcode a second time while I remove my phone from the reader, resulting in the long beep with a red "PAX ALREADY RECONCILED" dialog on the GA's screen. Most GA's are used to this dialog popping up, but every once in a while I encounter a GA who holds me back to verify that I was correctly scanned.

FWIW, I use an iPhone X with the UA app's default settings, including temporary full brightness while the mobile BP is displayed. I do have a screen protector (Belkin brand, applied to my phone by an Apple Store associate) but I haven't noticed any issues with scanning because of this in other scenario's.
I have an iPhone X and I add the boarding pass to Apple Wallet, and it scans just fine, holding the phone about an inch or two from the reader. Takes about a second to read and beep.

I do not have a screen protector.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
"System Upgrade" - Locked Out of Account (Solution!)

1. Website - after entering MP# and PW, error message: "Please Contacted the Mileage Plus Service Center for Assistance with your account"
  2. iOS App - No longer logged in, after entering info: "The account information you entered is incorrect."
  3. Mileage Plus Service Center: "Yea, I've heard about this. They implemented a new system. Try a different web browser, or just call us if you have any issues today while traveling."
  4. HUTA - "Everything looks good with your account, let me transfer you to web support"
  5. Web Support: "we just downloaded a new version" and you'll need to clear your cookies before you can log in. First login with a different browser than normal and unclick "Remember my MileagePlus number" (Wow, that worked). Now try logging in on the iOS App again (that also worked). Deleted the *.united.com cookies in Chrome. (that worked).

Back in business.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Yes, happened to me two days ago. They tried resetting my PW. No impact. Waited 8 hours and all was good. Old PW still works.

They also told me they were of the issue.

​​​​​​Did not need to clear the cookies

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.