Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jmanirish
I agree for truly old ones but this has two problems.

1) if you add to apple wallet before you remember to clear out old ones, it gets "attached" to a random group and then you have to go hunting

2) you have more than one trip/reservation planned in the next 24 hours. I.e today was flying AAA-BBB then tomorrow, on a separate reservation, I'm flying BBB-CCC-DDD. It grouped my BBB-CCC boarding pass with my AAA-BBB, and in front of it, so when I went looking for AAA-BBB to board, I was confused because I skipped over the United BP that had two cards, because I assumed those were for my flight tomorrow, which did have two segments.
Interesting that your boarding passes group. My WN passes always group, but I've never seen my UA passes group together. Have they always grouped for you?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
My guess would be that the point of the app is for current or future tickets and is not meant to hold "hundreds" of expired tickets?
ok...b/c no OP is ever 100% honest about their situation, i'll come clean:
about 2 weeks ago I did spend about 1.5hrs deleting past tickets while sitting on a sfo/pvg flight. Figured that would cure the issue. Today, on pdx/den/dca journey, the pdx/den ticket showed on home page...but upon boarding in den, the den/dca ticket wouldn't show until i found it in wallet attached to pvg/sfo return flight.

It could be a memory issue, altho I would have hoped that by cleaning out 98% of old tickets I'd have been in the clear.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
I've been having the same issue for months. Really frustrating because the boarding pass doesn't show up on my home screen and I have to dig into my phone to find it.

These type of issues will never get fixed since United will blame Apple, and Apple will blame United. Sucks!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Why do people maintain electronic BPs for months after a flight?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
Why do people maintain electronic BPs for months after a flight?
Its nothing sentimental...its just when i complete a trip the first thing i'm thinking is NOT "gee, i should go into my electronic wallet and delete that boarding pass"

so, 150ish flights per yr, and the passes stack up. By the time my ocd kicks in and i decide to clean house, i realize that i have to go into EACH pass, one at a time, and click in 3! places to delete the pass

a better question might be why didnt the developer make it easier to delete passes?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by pruss2ny
Its nothing sentimental...its just when i complete a trip the first thing i'm thinking is NOT "gee, i should go into my electronic wallet and delete that boarding pass"

so, 150ish flights per yr, and the passes stack up. By the time my ocd kicks in and i decide to clean house, i realize that i have to go into EACH pass, one at a time, and click in 3! places to delete the pass

a better question might be why didnt the developer make it easier to delete passes?
A huge gripe of mine as well. All of my other wallet apps perform fine, this is unique to United.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I have the same problem, but haven't always. I think it was introduced somewhat recently.

There also used to be a setting to clear out all your old BPs, which appears to be gone now… or maybe it just got moved…
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pruss2ny
I agree completely that the developer dropped the ball in this case. That said, my OCD kicks in soon as the flight shows up on my United statement.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I just updated to iOS 11 and it seems easier to remove all those old passes now. It's still one-by-one (unless they are grouped) but its quicker to power through multiple.
  1. Open the Wallet App
  2. Scroll to the Bottom and Choose "Edit Passes"
  3. Click the Red Minus Icon
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:56 pm

First, you may want to back up and restore the phone via iTunes, to see if that solves the problem (and which is good housekeeping practice for iPhones anyways):

• If you're on iOS 10 and want to keep it:
Use the iTunes "Back Up Now" and "Restore Backup..." options .
  • If you're ready for iOS 11:
then iTunes "Back Up Now" and "Restore iPhone" options
If that doesn't work, it's time to file a bug report:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Hopefully with enough reports, and people pointing Apple to this thread, they get it fixed soon.
@pruss2ny, @jmanirish, @pnt1, @dcaiadflyer, @COSPILOT, @jayzala, @getagb

(Of course, an upgrade to iOS 11 may fix the problem anyways, but some housekeeping never hurt in any case.)
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:57 pm

Hi @Ocn Vw 1K --

Somehow a thread on the iPhone Apple Wallet and electronic tickets:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...le-wallet.html

was, oddly enough, merged into this thread about the United app:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28833997-post952.html

(Posts #952 and later)

One is a program developed by Apple and built into the iPhone and used for various credit cards, various sporting tickets, various restaurant loyalty memberships, various airline tickets, etc etc.

The other is a program developed by United Airlines for Android phones and iPhones to store United loyalty information and tickets.

It would be like merging a thread about Google Maps and a thread on the LAX app together, just because the LAX app will show you a map to LAX.

I think the merge should be undone.

Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
It would be like merging a thread about Google Maps and a thread on the LAX app together, just because the LAX app will show you a map to LAX.

I think the merge should be undone.
Not sure I agree. Seems more likely that the United app misconfigured the pass file than that something is wrong with Wallet. Have not seen any issues with anyone else’s passes.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: UA GS
Didn't even realize this until I saw the release notes even though I took advantage on Sunday. You can now get LH boarding passes for connecting flights! Before you couldn't even get the UA mobile bp if you were connecting onward to LH.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Can someone help me understand how the app sorts award flights when searching for a specific cabin, in this case Saver J awards? I’m taking a long trip in a few weeks, and I’ll be relying solely on my phone for connectivity. I’m going to try to change one or more of my long-haul *A award flights after I’ve left, so I’ve been using the app to try to prepare myself, but I simply can’t make heads or tails out of the award search results. It’s as if all the flights are dumped into an unordered list.

I’ve used the “Sort” and “Filter” functions; the latter helps a bit, while the former seems entirely broken. Ideally there’d also be a control to eliminate standard awards from the list entirely, but that’s a pipe dream.

For example, when I search for Saver J SFO>DEL for September 25, even when I ask the app to sort by price, I see a dozen mixed cabin Standard J awards, then some economy awards, and then buried in the list a single all-Saver J award on OZ, exactly what I was looking for. (The desktop website displays this itinerary first, just as it should.)

Am I missing something? Or is the app UI a truly broken mess?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by villox
Didn't even realize this until I saw the release notes even though I took advantage on Sunday. You can now get LH boarding passes for connecting flights! Before you couldn't even get the UA mobile bp if you were connecting onward to LH.
I just noticed that myself a couple of days ago^ This has been working the other way, as well, for a while: BPs for UA segments in the LH app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.