Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Since the update, bringing up an existing reservation crashes the app. iPhone 6S 9.3.2 on TMO.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA General member
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Wish the iPad version would rotate 90⁰, so I could use it easily with a keyboard/stand.
This.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Wish the iPad version would rotate 90⁰, so I could use it easily with a keyboard/stand.
Originally Posted by jtkohl
This.
The United App is the best airline app but they really aren't taking advantage of the platform (or the data). Instead of being disruptive they follow the incremental path. So sad for them and us.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: Milage Plus 1K 1.3MM, Marriot LT Platinum
Moin!

Originally Posted by Michael D
The United App is the best airline app but they really aren't taking advantage of the platform (or the data). Instead of being disruptive they follow the incremental path. So sad for them and us.
They offer the app on more than one platform and thus probably use a framework to help them doing that, which usually brings you down to the features that exist on all platform. Having said that the United App is way ahead of everything else I used so far.

Oh and on topic 2.1.8, works fine on my iPhone6S+ and iPad Pro, all running iOS 9.3.2

So long
-Ralf
Old May 27, 2016, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by jgsx
The latest iOS United App crashes on all my devices. It looks like others are having the same problem. Do not update.

EDIT: It looks like the update was just pulled from the App store
Same problem. Updated to 2.1.8 on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.2 (no desire to update to 9+) and the app crashes. It looks like a network problem as when I'm offline (no internet/data) the app comes up. How about a fix United?

Edit: well this is a pain, obviously too much time on my hands. If I open the app offline, it comes up. I can then connect to a network (inet/data) and the app works as usual. Close the app and restart and it crashes again. There's a code line somewhere that looks for connectivity at start-up that's causing the problem in older iOS.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 27, 2016 at 10:44 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 27, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
With yesterday's update, app seems to crash when I try to view one of my reservations.
Old May 27, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Know it's been asked many times before but when will the UA app allow landscape mode so I can use it on my iPad Pro.

Even if no additional functionality were provided (which UA should do) it would be a welcome update.

While I'm at it why can't we use TouchId authentication to logon to onboard and United Club WiFi?
Old May 28, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
award inventory and upgrades

Generally I like the app and use it a lot...

A few things, that may have been mentioned before but:

I get less award inventory on the app. It doesn't recognize my 1k status and the ability to book any flight at full award level as long as tickets are still sold

Also, it would be nice to be able to upgrade reservations with certs or vouchers in the app

Lastly, it doesn't always show mileage accruals for the trip in reservation detail.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:01 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hiyo
Since the update, bringing up an existing reservation crashes the app. iPhone 6S 9.3.2 on TMO.
One of my reservations will come up, the other one crashes the app.

CrashReporter says that it is the process "UnitedCustomerFacingApp" that crashes.

9.0.2 jailbroken on ATT

Originally Posted by Allglass
Edit: well this is a pain, obviously too much time on my hands. If I open the app offline, it comes up. I can then connect to a network (inet/data) and the app works as usual. Close the app and restart and it crashes again. There's a code line somewhere that looks for connectivity at start-up that's causing the problem in older iOS.
Tried that and while it took longer for it to crash, eventually it crashed again.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by Allglass
Same problem. Updated to 2.1.8 on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.2 (no desire to update to 9+) and the app crashes. It looks like a network problem as when I'm offline (no internet/data) the app comes up. How about a fix United?

With 8.1.2 you are probably SOS. Most developers will be testing against 8.4.1 .

Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Generally I like the app and use it a lot...

A few things, that may have been mentioned before but:

I get less award inventory on the app. It doesn't recognize my 1k status and the ability to book any flight at full award level as long as tickets are still sold

Also, it would be nice to be able to upgrade reservations with certs or vouchers in the app

Lastly, it doesn't always show mileage accruals for the trip in reservation detail.
I ask for that with each update under "App feedback".

Originally Posted by cblaisd

CrashReporter says that it is the process "UnitedCustomerFacingApp" that crashes.

9.0.2 jailbroken on ATT

Tried that and while it took longer for it to crash, eventually it crashed again.
An app that doesn't run on a jailbroken phone (not unlocked ??) is not a priority to be fixed.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, AA Platinum, Starwood Preferred Gold, Marriot Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by sannmann
With yesterday's update, app seems to crash when I try to view one of my reservations.
Same issue. App lets me view the account summary with no problems, but as soon as I try to view reservation details it completely crashes.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:46 pm

Not a question or bug, but I think it would be nice if the app also gave us the opportunity to pay up to C or F (using cash or miles) the same way it can be done through the web site.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Same for me!

Originally Posted by sannmann
Except for one reservation, I can open them with no problem. I can look this problematic reservation on website, not on App on 5S.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:27 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Update: After checking in online, the app shows the boarding pass for the previously unable-to-view/crashing reservation, and I can now see and maniuplate that reservation (check for alternative flights, change seats, etc.) per normal.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by hiyo
Originally Posted by sgw2124
Same issue. App lets me view the account summary with no problems, but as soon as I try to view reservation details it completely crashes.
2 of my 3 reservations crash it, including the one for Friday. 2.1.8, iOS 9.3.2, 6+, Verizon.
Update: After checking in online, the app shows the boarding pass for the previously unable-to-view/crashing reservation, and I can now see and manipulate that reservation (check for alternative flights, change seats, etc.) per normal.
I was hoping this would be the case. Nice to have confirmation. ^
Would also be nice if they fixed it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.