Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 2 Million Miler
Hmm. I deleted the App, but when I went to the App Store it shows Update, not Get. And using Update got me the same message I was getting before. Do I need to do a complete power off to wipe out the old App's memories?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:07 pm

In studying the fine print with the description of the App in the AppStore, I see iPad 5th and 6th generation listed, but no earlier iPad versions. Even though it seems to cover older versions of Mini and Pro models. And it says version 10.0.0, and I'm running a newer version than that. Did United just obsolete my iPad?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oldretiredguy
In studying the fine print with the description of the App in the AppStore, I see iPad 5th and 6th generation listed, but no earlier iPad versions. Even though it seems to cover older versions of Mini and Pro models. And it says version 10.0.0, and I'm running a newer version than that. Did United just obsolete my iPad?
The 4th generation iPad, which was released November 2, 2012, only runs up to iOS 10. The latest United app, like many iOS apps, require iOS 11 or 12. I recommend updating to a newer iPad, not just for the United app, but for the 6 years of amazing technological advances.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:01 am

Gee, time does fly! I thought it was a little over 3 years old. Still was doing everything I needed. Until now.
Have a SurfacePro too, but I did like the battery life and quick start up of the iPad. Especially when traveling. Will have to explore options.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:20 am

Has anyone been having issues with trying to change seats on the app? I've been unable to do so for a intl in-progress PNR. I believe it stopped working before the outbound last week. Functionality on the website still works. 764 on both directions and no equipment changes since booking. I've had this problem on domestic flights as well. Tried signing out/in and reinstalling the app.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eeflyer
Has anyone been having issues with trying to change seats on the app? I've been unable to do so for a intl in-progress PNR. I believe it stopped working before the outbound last week. Functionality on the website still works. 764 on both directions and no equipment changes since booking. I've had this problem on domestic flights as well. Tried signing out/in and reinstalling the app.
Working fine for me, but make sure you’re clicking the details on the bottom left of the card (which goes through the checkin flow). If you use the … button and then Reservation Details, it won’t work for an in progress PNR
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by getagb

Working fine for me, but make sure you’re clicking the details on the bottom left of the card (which goes through the checkin flow). If you use the … button and then Reservation Details, it won’t work for an in progress PNR
Yup that makes sense for in progress flights. I meant in progress as in that I’ve flown the outbound. The return isn’t for another few days so I don’t have the check in/details button.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:18 am

No boarding pass displayed in United app

United app is not giving the option to display boarding pass despite my checking in via the app. My wife (on the same flights) has the boarding passes displayed on hers... any ideas?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Interesting "bug" for me late last week. I used the app to purchase an upgrade for a segment of an already booked itinerary. Seemed to go fine.

Checked the reservation later and was back showing in economy. Used the website this time to again purchase the upgrade.

Checking credit card, 2 separate pending charges showed up. Waited until they posted, and one dropped off.

Heads up to check if you go this route.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:42 pm

app login annoyances for iphoneX

i've noticed a few things only recently, anyone experience and have a workaournd?
1) withought signing in each time, my reservations don't show up. it used to be they showed up just from the cached login
2) loggin in is a pain. used to work fine with face recognition and put my pw in. now, it puts nothing there, and waits then fails. then it gives me the option to use the saved pw from united.com and it works. but why is it showing up blank to begin with?
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by deskover54
i've noticed a few things only recently, anyone experience and have a workaournd?
1) withought signing in each time, my reservations don't show up. it used to be they showed up just from the cached login
2) loggin in is a pain. used to work fine with face recognition and put my pw in. now, it puts nothing there, and waits then fails. then it gives me the option to use the saved pw from united.com and it works. but why is it showing up blank to begin with?
The reservations should come up without signing in. Close out the app or resinstall

Login for mileage balances seems to only work with saved pw for me also, but that works for me.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Works ok on my iPhone X. Maybe try to delete the app (so it clears data) and reinstall?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by kevflyer
Works ok on my iPhone X. Maybe try to delete the app (so it clears data) and reinstall?
agree, this happens once in a while. Delete the app, reinstall and everything works. True for a lot of apps, the phone itself.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I've been having issues with this as well. And it seems to log itself out at random intervals. Which is great when I'm trying to get through security.

I'll delete and reinstall.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
While less frequent, still having issues with my flights not showing up in the flight status page on occasion, even when checked in. Just says "There are no upcoming flights".

Found that trip details on the home page then has a link to flight status, which is simpler then typing in specific flight info on the flight status page to find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.