Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ordflyer18
There used to be an option to see the accruals on a reservation but I can no longer see it on the app..
IME, comes and goes. Sometimes I see the option, sometimes I don't, but then when I come back to the app again later, it is available. Same on the website, for me - will appear, change (sometimes will tell me a segment is not eligible, when it is), disappear, then come back again. Sometimes it will show on app, but not web, or vice-versa. In other words, at least my experience, the accruals piece is buggy. it also doesn't work for sure in certain situations - for example, if a lap infant is on the reservation, it never shows - it also disappears after you take he outbound. In other words, buggy.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
not sure if it has been mentioned but I keep getting the stupid credit card banners on my app even though I am canadian and can't get the CC. The UA site makes them disappear when I login but the app has me logged in all the time and the darn things keep showing up, any thoughts to get rid of them??
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ordflyer18
There used to be an option to see the accruals on a reservation but I can no longer see it on the app..
havent seen any accrual info on the app in weeks. Looks like that has been completely discontinued
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: Platinum
The reviewers are hammering the app on the iOS App Store.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by frankmu
...and probably NOT related to app functionality itself.

It actually acted up a little a couple of hours ago, but now fine. I seriously doubt that it was the real reason for the negative reviews...
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K
Problem with United App OLCI, Works on Website

I thought it was just me, but this happens to me with every flight I book.
Recently, I have never been able to OLCI with the mobile app. It used to work, but something changed or I noticed 6 months ago that I keep getting and error.. After flying a bit more, I feel like it is just something screwed up with my profile.

When I try to OLCI with the Mobile App, I complete all the steps go all the way to do the end and it pops up:

We are unable to complete the check-in process at this time. Please proceed to the airport for assistance.

When I OLCI with a Regular Computer (IE web browser). It finishes all the way at the end and gives me my boarding pass. If I refresh my United App, the boarding passes appears as well. Why would it work on the computer but not on the app? My passport number is saved, I have Pre Check, and it's an Canada > USA flight.

Who and how do I get someone at United to look in to this?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Android or iPhone?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by frankmu
You mean like the meme that shows adding a new Drag and Drop feature may have been poorly timed?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by schnitzer
I thought it was just me, but this happens to me with every flight I book.
Recently, I have never been able to OLCI with the mobile app. It used to work, but something changed or I noticed 6 months ago that I keep getting and error.. After flying a bit more, I feel like it is just something screwed up with my profile.

When I try to OLCI with the Mobile App, I complete all the steps go all the way to do the end and it pops up:

We are unable to complete the check-in process at this time. Please proceed to the airport for assistance.

When I OLCI with a Regular Computer (IE web browser). It finishes all the way at the end and gives me my boarding pass. If I refresh my United App, the boarding passes appears as well. Why would it work on the computer but not on the app? My passport number is saved, I have Pre Check, and it's an Canada > USA flight.

Who and how do I get someone at United to look in to this?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Android or iPhone?
its an iphone.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 14, 2017 at 12:39 pm Reason: merged into iphone thread
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
United App User Experience Review

http://www.useronboard.com/how-unite...rds-new-users/

Found a cool site which walks through the UA app for a new user trying to book a flight. It's 149 slides but mostly minor changes and only takes 5 mins to go through.

The UA app is probably the best US airline app, certainly compared to the disaster that is the AA app, but this slide deck was pretty revealing in the user experience flaws in the app. Things that are obvious to us are befuddling to new users.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Pretty interesting. Overall I love the functionality provided by the App, but I agree, it is confusing in MANY aspects. Why for the love of god are there two "Flight Status" interfaces in a single app?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
http://www.useronboard.com/how-unite...rds-new-users/

Found a cool site which walks through the UA app for a new user trying to book a flight. It's 149 slides but mostly minor changes and only takes 5 mins to go through.

The UA app is probably the best US airline app, certainly compared to the disaster that is the AA app, but this slide deck was pretty revealing in the user experience flaws in the app. Things that are obvious to us are befuddling to new users.
It's interesting that they go through two workflows (signing up for a new MP account, and booking a flight) that I would pretty much never attempt to do in an app. But I suppose the new user front makes sense and there are probably "kids these days" who book flights by downloading a new airline app
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lost all my PNRs about an hour ago and have not been able to get them back - I have connectivity (can see my account activity) and all my PNRs are still on my united.com

*** Now they are back *** Never Mind....
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
havent seen any accrual info on the app in weeks. Looks like that has been completely discontinued
accrual information is appearing now again. Anybody else seeing it?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I see accruals for one reservation (booked recently thru UA) but not another (booked 2 months ago with concur). Not sure if one of those is cause.

It would be nice to be able to change reservations, not just SDC, on the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.