Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM Marriott Gold
What will they do (and when) for us chumps who went ahead and updated the App (~May 27,28, 2016) and then found we COULDN'T ACCESS our paid for and ticketed reservations without the APP CRASHING!!!!! I've learned a HARD/TOUGH LESSON :-(
I have 4 saved ressies, the ones I booked prior to May CRASH the App. The one I booked in late May, I can actually access. Whee- 1 out of 4 :-(
I have new iOS 9.3.2; still CRASHES!!!
Old May 30, 2016, 12:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I violated my own rule but won't do so again: I updated before coming to this thread and seeing in what ways the update was mucked up.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Latest update also crashing for me. 9.0.2 IOS version.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AZ CFP, O6 Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Same here- version 2.1.8 on iOS 9.3.2 crashes when trying to open a reservation.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Except for one reservation, I can open them with no problem. I can look this problematic reservation on website, not on App on 5S.
This reservation in question can be opened without any fuss now. I do not know what UA did to this reservation in the past 24 hour. Perhaps, this has something to do with the fact that this reservation becomes my next trip after yesterday's trip.
Happy travels.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by hiyo
Since the update, bringing up an existing reservation crashes the app. iPhone 6S 9.3.2 on TMO.
It seems to be fixed. All my reservations can be retrieved without the app crashing now.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by hiyo
It seems to be fixed. All my reservations can be retrieved without the app crashing now.
Mine too. I was thinking it might be because I added a new one and forced it to refresh the list, but maybe that's just coincidence.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YRKInsider
Know it's been asked many times before but when will the UA app allow landscape mode so I can use it on my iPad Pro.

Even if no additional functionality were provided (which UA should do) it would be a welcome update.
The lack of 'landscape' is my biggest issue with the app. My iPad cover folds into a great landscape 'stand'. I need to pick the thing up and hold it in portrait orientation to use the app (or turn my head sideways?). Very awkward.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Can't complete booking on app

Today I've twice experienced that completing a booking on the app does lead to an error message at the point of payment.

I had no issues completing the booking online with the same payment method / credit card.

Anyone else having that problem? Happened on both iPhone and iPad in separate reservations, both of which I subsequently booked online.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:50 pm

Is it just me or does the mobile app not pull up saved credit card info from one's MP account? I always have to enter everything when making any kind of transaction.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
I found a bug!

I have one PNR, with 2 of the same flights, same flight numbers, same routes, but different days of the month. I cannot get my seat assigned in the app because it mixes up the 2 legs.

I click one leg during seat selection, and it loads up the seat map for the other. And then I select my seat and it doesn't stick/save. I click the other leg, and it loads some random seat map again. Basically, it doesn't behave correctly because I think having the same flight number AND the same routing is confusing the code.

Where can I formally submit this defect?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: UA
United App issues with iPhone

I have an iPhone 6+ that is updated with the latest version and app

I was in DEnver last night waiting for my connection and eating dinner.

My gate was changed, but I never got notified. I arrived at the original gate and no one was there.

My gate had changed about 30 gates away.....

I hustled to the gate and boarded. We then had a mechanical.

Meanwhile I rebooted my phone and also did a soft reset. About 15 minutes later I got a bunch of notifications.

Any suggestions? Not sure if this is a common experience for the App or a phone issue.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Sinna
Any suggestions? Not sure if this is a common experience for the App or a phone issue.
Make sure in settings -> notifications -> United that you have allowed notifications, and that your phone did not have do not disturb on. Also, if your reservations is not in the app you won't receive notifications. Otherwise, that's on UA.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by swishinj
Make sure in settings -> notifications -> United that you have allowed notifications, and that your phone did not have do not disturb on. Also, if your reservations is not in the app you won't receive notifications. Otherwise, that's on UA.
I think the fact that all the notifications came through means that the settings weren't incorrect, and DND would only prevent them from lighting up the phone screen (they'd still appear if you hit the home button to light the screen up).

Although it could have been a temporary glitch with either UA's systems or the APN (Apple Push Notification) servers, IME, issues with notifications can also happen if your phone has tried to latch onto a wifi network that is protected by a paywall or other login screen (i.e. Boingo, etc.) that hasn't been passed/agreed to/etc. The phone can sometimes remain in a limbo state where it thinks it's connected to the Internet via wifi so it doesn't use cellular data but data actually isn't coming in through the wifi connection. Once you either manually disconnect from the network, turn wifi off, or move out of range of the access point, the phone reconnects to the Internet via mobile data and all the notifications will then stream in.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jackal
Although it could have been a temporary glitch with either UA's systems or the APN (Apple Push Notification) servers, IME, issues with notifications can also happen if your phone has tried to latch onto a wifi network that is protected by a paywall or other login screen (i.e. Boingo, etc.) that hasn't been passed/agreed to/etc. The phone can sometimes remain in a limbo state where it thinks it's connected to the Internet via wifi so it doesn't use cellular data but data actually isn't coming in through the wifi connection. Once you either manually disconnect from the network, turn wifi off, or move out of range of the access point, the phone reconnects to the Internet via mobile data and all the notifications will then stream in.
Agreed. My wife has wifi at her office, but has to login every day to actually use it. I have the same problem that I will often try to send an iMessage, it will note "delivered" because it's gone through the Apple server and to her iPad at home, but if she isn't logged in on her phone, won't get the iMesage there. Won't show up next time she connects either. So a very probable scenario.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.