Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM GS
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
I've been able to see all my upcoming Reservations via either of these steps: sign on, and then on the home screen, tap the "Reservations" choice. Or choose "My Account". At the far bottom of the screen, tapping a dimmed button reading "Upcoming" brings them up. Once you do either of these, a summary list of Itineraries should (also) appear on the Main menu page.
I've tried all those things. When I press My Account -> Upcoming tab, it presents a dialog "No Current Flights Found".

Originally Posted by edcho
Can you try logging out and logging back in? Are they ALL from one airline (UA or CO)?

It looks like if I input my MP account login, only my UA reservations show (and vice-versa).
Hi edcho, Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to re-log in but end up with the same result. These are all UA reservations of which show up fine on united.com.

Interestingly, when I try to search via PNR, which also works on united.com, the app complains that "We are unable to retrieve the latest information for this itinerary."

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 20, 2011 at 8:35 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I was also able to pull up all my up coming UA reservation by logging in as well.
The seat map feature is VERY handy, especially determining which 777 you're on^

Oh, side note, in case anyone is wondering, app works in iOS 5 beta 3 !
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel-SYD
Hi edcho, Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to re-log in but end up with the same result. These are all UA reservations of which show up fine on united.com.

Interestingly, when I try to search via PNR, which also works on united.com, the app complains that "We are unable to retrieve the latest information for this itinerary."
Oh -- maybe you should get that checked out!!!!

I would be actually kinda concerned about it. Although all my UA flights are funky right now on co.com (maybe they are doing some work).
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Quite a nice app, although I must admit I was also a fan of the CO version of the app.

One issue I noticed was that the looking at the activity on my account, I had instances where I booked an award ticket and then later cancelled them. If you look on the UA website, the booking is listed as "60000" while the cancellation is listed as "(60000)". On the UA app, both look identical and you cannot tell if miles were deducted or redeposited.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, we wanted to give you a heads up that our new United Airlines iPhone/iPad application is now available to download for free from the Apple App Store.
This is an iPhone App which runs on the iPhone. You guys (United) are really missing the point. Do you want to really be selling products with this app or are you just simply doing something to be saying you are doing something. Or do you really not have a clue regarding the technologies available???

One simple point is that the graphics on the App are low resolution. If you would have made your graphics at the resolution of the iPhone 4 then the iPhone App running on the iPad would have looked much more professional. That is not that expensive since you probably have already paid/have them at this resolution and greater. A real no brainer.

As others have said, at first glimpse this is no more then the old Continental App refaced.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
While checking on an international flight tomorrow (UA 869), the seatmap is no longer available on ual.com but is available on the app. Nice!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
Same thing for me.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
I've tried all those things. When I press My Account -> Upcoming tab, it presents a dialog "No Current Flights Found".
Same here. No luck with "Upcoming", which is upcoming in less than 10 hours... Doesn't show either my reservation tomorrow, return Fri or my out Monday back Tuesday.

I am not concerned, but it would rule if it got working by tomorrow so that I could see the waitlist for my Friday flight...

You know, one relevant point is my reservation was booked through my corp travel agent (SABRE system). I wonder if there is other correlation between it not working based on those vs reservations booked through united.com itself?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:56 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
On behalf of goalie-mom who installed it today-"Thank you very much ^ (but what took you so long )"
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA: Premier 1K AA: Executive Platinum
When's the Droid App coming
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:20 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by UALsandiego
When's the Droid App coming
Plus one. And am also from San Diego.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:08 pm

I see reservations booked on united.com but not those booked through corporate travel
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
My reservations where I am waitlisted for F show as "Confirmed F"

Very annoying.

This was not ready for prime time yet.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:20 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
This stumped me, too, until my eyes "zoomed out". It's there but requires several steps. When you get into the flight (or segment you want to research if multiple segs. on the same flt. #), some buttons will appear at the very bottom, dark portion of the screen. Some may be dimmed but they will work. Select the "Standby List" button. Another screen will appear for that list and on that screen, about mid-screen, there's a button for "Upgrade List". Touch that and the u/g list appears. There are several other buttons at the bottom of the earlier screen giving other helpful info such as food provisioning, seat map and, under Flight Detail, the a/c #.

Don't know how well the u/g list meshes with UA's proprietary software which drives the DM list or gate displays, but these lists can be accessed for upcoming flights within the next 1-2 days whether you're booked on the flight or not.

All in all, the app is much faster than the UA mobile webpage I was using before today.

One glitch in trying out the App's booking engine: If you look for a same-day R.T., and set the time-of-day paramaters too narrowly, such as "early morning" for outbound and "early afternoon" for return flights, you may get a "data not found" return. Workaround seems to be to just select "anytime" for both flights.
Thanks for the help! Found it and it looks very helpful.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Noted so far:
  • Shows earnings on B fares incorrectly - Elite Miles is not showing @1.5EQM's in My Account -> Statement -> Get Activity
  • My Reservations does not show a booking I have that starts with a UA flight booked on a CO code-share, but this is shown in My Intineraries on ual.com
  • Upcoming Flights sometimes show pre- and post- flight time changes. These are not shown on ual.com and are confusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.