Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
8/8/14 Here's the "fine print" regarding those who have received a bonus from this product in the past:

I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
I understand that the terms of my account, including the APRs, are subject to change. Any such changes will be made in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement.

If you received the bonus >24 months ago you are eligible to apply. Doesn't matter when you closed the card.

Major Benefits (post-June 2018)
  • Free first checked a bag - The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation will each receive their first standard checked bag free on United-operated flights when the primary Cardmember includes their MileagePlus number in their reservation and purchases their tickets from United with their United MileagePlus Explorer Card. For complete details, please visit united.com/chasebag .
  • Priority boarding - Primary Cardmembers and their companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding. (BG2)
  • No fees on foreign transactions
  • 2 United ClubSM passes each year for your travel
  • Access to XN expanded Economy Saver award inventory (not a published benefit)
  • Chip-enabled Card provides added security
  • Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United.
  • Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and hotels (NEW)
  • Earn 1 mile per $1 spent - You'll earn 1 mile for each $1 spent on all other purchases.
  • Miles don't expire as long as your credit card account remains open - Your miles don't expire as long as you are a Cardmember, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn. UA miles not longer expire
  • Any seat, any time, on United-operated flights - Primary Cardmembers can use their miles to book any available seat, any time, on United-operated flights when they redeem
  • CPU award ticket eligibility for primary cardholder (only) if MP elite
  • Carryon bag allowed with Boarding Group 2 even if Basic Economy ticket
  • 25% statement credit "rebate" on purchases of food, beverages, and wifi on United-operated flights (NEW)
  • Global Entry / Pre-application statement credit rebate up to $100 once every four years. (NEW)

Cuts as of June 2018Purchase Price Protection - removed
Return Protection - removed
Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance - reduced

10,000 bonus miles for $25K spend will no longer be available after May 31, 2018.Those who spend $10,000-$24,999 by May 31 will receive 4,000 bonus miles this year only.

New benefits2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and hotels
25% statement credit "rebate" on purchases of food, beverages, and wifi on United-operated flights
Global Entry / Pre-application statement credit rebate up to $100 once every four years.
Print Wikipost

Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:15 pm

Early Boarding on LH & Others

Hi Folks -- I've searched for the answer to this question with no luck so here goes my first post. I just signed up for & received a MileagePlus Explorer card. One of the perks is early boarding.

Do you get early boarding when flying partners like LH? I'm guessing the answer is "no" but I'm hoping that folks with more experience than me would confirm or correct me.

Thanks!

JR
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico
Hi Folks -- I've searched for the answer to this question with no luck so here goes my first post. I just signed up for & received a MileagePlus Explorer card. One of the perks is early boarding.

Do you get early boarding when flying partners like LH? I'm guessing the answer is "no" but I'm hoping that folks with more experience than me would confirm or correct me.

Thanks!

JR
The benefit is only available when flying on UA or CO.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by frubio2012
I'm pretty sure, you only need your PP card to get in. Same way as AMEX PLT can get into US Airways Clubs, no actual membership card is needed.
This is incorrect. You need a United Club card to enter the clubs. They will not let you in simply with the credit card. (Well they would - if you used it to pay the entrance fee )
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
The benefit is only available when flying on UA or CO.
Thanks! I appreciate the confirmation.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Just a note on priority boarding

Priority Boarding:
MileagePlus Explorer Card members will be granted boarding access to the plane after the boarding of Special Needs passengers, elites and those with Premier Access designations, but before General Boarding of the remaining passengers. Benefits apply to the primary cardmember on the credit card account and anyone traveling on the same reservation.

Premier Access designations = elite-level frequent flyers and premium-cabin customers
Zone 1 = Priority Boarding
General boarding = Zones 2 thru 4.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Now up to at least 22 applications received by my then 5 now 6 yr old.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Here's hoping they have an EQM earning option for next year, like the Select or Club cards.

I was seriously bummed when due to an application screwup they sent me the regular signature card, and told me I couldn't upgrade until January '12 ... Which of course can't happen now.

Cheers,
Adam
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:58 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by SFOFastAir
Zone 1 = Priority Boarding
General boarding = Zones 2 thru 4.
Originally Posted by JohnnyRico
I just signed up for & received a MileagePlus Explorer card. One of the perks is early boarding.
This means you're little better off than the first-in-line of the Kettles, who will be hot on your heels as you hurry down the jetway, glancing back nervously at the onrushing hoard. That prickly feeling on the back of your neck will command your quaking legs to make haste; the welcoming sight of the airplane's open door cannot come into view fast enough! There's one last bend in that seemingly interminable jetway! Around it you fly! There it is! The open door! You're home free!

But no. There too is the throng of Premiers before you; they are boarding slowly. Agonizingly slowly, as they seek out and consume every last cubic manometer of overhead bin space. You skid to a stop behind them, your heart beating, your palms sweating. You look back, fear etched upon your perspiring face. They're coming! Ma and Pa Kettle and their 40 kin, come clomping and cavorting and cajoling down the jetway. Closer and closer they come. In a moment, before you know it, they consume you. You are suddenly lost in a swath of suburban banality. You feel your legs fail, your spirit falter, your mind numb. Your last thought is a horrible, aching one: "I hate you, Explorer Card!"
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:26 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Now up to at least 22 applications received by my then 5 now 6 yr old.
So did you complete any of these applications? Robyn
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrDesmo
Here's hoping they have an EQM earning option for next year, like the Select or Club cards.

I was seriously bummed when due to an application screwup they sent me the regular signature card, and told me I couldn't upgrade until January '12 ... Which of course can't happen now.

Cheers,
Adam
The Presidential Plus offers EQM, and UA Insider even said that eventually, a new card will be introduced with similar benefits to the Presidential Plus card.

Which signature card did they send you? A regular signature card that's not a UA card?

Originally Posted by RNE
This means you're little better off than the first-in-line of the Kettles, who will be hot on your heels as you hurry down the jetway, glancing back nervously at the onrushing hoard. That prickly feeling on the back of your neck will command your quaking legs to make haste; the welcoming sight of the airplane's open door cannot come into view fast enough! There's one last bend in that seemingly interminable jetway! Around it you fly! There it is! The open door! You're home free!

But no. There too is the throng of Premiers before you; they are boarding slowly. Agonizingly slowly, as they seek out and consume every last cubic manometer of overhead bin space. You skid to a stop behind them, your heart beating, your palms sweating. You look back, fear etched upon your perspiring face. They're coming! Ma and Pa Kettle and their 40 kin, come clomping and cavorting and cajoling down the jetway. Closer and closer they come. In a moment, before you know it, they consume you. You are suddenly lost in a swath of suburban banality. You feel your legs fail, your spirit falter, your mind numb. Your last thought is a horrible, aching one: "I hate you, Explorer Card!"
^
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
question for those who have received the 25k bonus after first spend....i know the t&c say 6-8 weeks for the points to post but is it really taking that long????
bump....
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by RNE

Please post more often!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
One thing I noticed, that was not particularly apparent in the advertisement, was that the free checked bag is only applicable if you used your card to pay for the flights... This will be a issue for statusless card holders who are traveling on business where the company travel agent direct bills...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
One thing I noticed, that was not particularly apparent in the advertisement, was that the free checked bag is only applicable if you used your card to pay for the flights... This will be a issue for statusless card holders who are traveling on business where the company travel agent direct bills...
I would imagine the company would pay for that checked bag
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Good point...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.