Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
8/8/14 Here's the "fine print" regarding those who have received a bonus from this product in the past:

I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
I understand that the terms of my account, including the APRs, are subject to change. Any such changes will be made in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement.

If you received the bonus >24 months ago you are eligible to apply. Doesn't matter when you closed the card.

Major Benefits (post-June 2018)
  • Free first checked a bag - The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation will each receive their first standard checked bag free on United-operated flights when the primary Cardmember includes their MileagePlus number in their reservation and purchases their tickets from United with their United MileagePlus Explorer Card. For complete details, please visit united.com/chasebag .
  • Priority boarding - Primary Cardmembers and their companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding. (BG2)
  • No fees on foreign transactions
  • 2 United ClubSM passes each year for your travel
  • Access to XN expanded Economy Saver award inventory (not a published benefit)
  • Chip-enabled Card provides added security
  • Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United.
  • Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and hotels (NEW)
  • Earn 1 mile per $1 spent - You'll earn 1 mile for each $1 spent on all other purchases.
  • Miles don't expire as long as your credit card account remains open - Your miles don't expire as long as you are a Cardmember, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn. UA miles not longer expire
  • Any seat, any time, on United-operated flights - Primary Cardmembers can use their miles to book any available seat, any time, on United-operated flights when they redeem
  • CPU award ticket eligibility for primary cardholder (only) if MP elite
  • Carryon bag allowed with Boarding Group 2 even if Basic Economy ticket
  • 25% statement credit "rebate" on purchases of food, beverages, and wifi on United-operated flights (NEW)
  • Global Entry / Pre-application statement credit rebate up to $100 once every four years. (NEW)

Cuts as of June 2018Purchase Price Protection - removed
Return Protection - removed
Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance - reduced

10,000 bonus miles for $25K spend will no longer be available after May 31, 2018.Those who spend $10,000-$24,999 by May 31 will receive 4,000 bonus miles this year only.

New benefits2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and hotels
25% statement credit "rebate" on purchases of food, beverages, and wifi on United-operated flights
Global Entry / Pre-application statement credit rebate up to $100 once every four years.
Print Wikipost

Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
Originally Posted by MikeKelly
I stopped by the United Club on a recent flight out of SEA and asked if I could use one of my two free passes, showing the MileagePlus Explorer Visa. They told me I would get paper passes in the mail and needed to use those. Well it's been about 3 months since I got this card and no passes in the mail, so I finally got around to calling the 888 number on the back. The woman there told me they come "in an email" and came in an email dated 11/30/2011 for me. I went back and looked and while I have lots of MileagePlus email (including one from 11/30/2011), none have any mention of the Club passes. Before I call back again (geez), has anyone with this MileagePlus Explorer card actually gotten paper United Club passes in the mail?
From what I understand is you only get the 2 club passes on your cardmember anniversary, so you will have to wait a full year before getting your passes.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton
Just activated my new ME card and was told the 2 passes would arrive in 6-8 weeks.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Husband has the 50,000 + 10,000 offer good until 2/29, but the sign-up link on the offer card does not work. Does anyone have a good link for that offer? TIA
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Business Card

Does "Upgrades on Reward tickets for Elites" benefit come with Business Explorer Card as well?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by last2board
Husband has the 50,000 + 10,000 offer good until 2/29, but the sign-up link on the offer card does not work. Does anyone have a good link for that offer? TIA
last2board, you can sign up with the 25k + 5k+ 10k offer, add your second card so you will get 30k, then send a secure message via your chase.com login mentioning that you saw the 60k offer, and they will give you the 20k extra so you end up with 50k anyways.

You need to make the request within 60 days (I think) of opening the account.

I did this and they added the 20k additional miles to my account after about 10 days from the request.

Should work as long as the 60k offer is still being advertised when you sign up and/or when you make the request.

Silas
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Thank you, Silas Talbot.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Just got two UC passes in the mail.. surprised! Thought I would only get them on paying yearly fee after one year...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:00 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by UA Insider
[*]Upgrades on Reward tickets for Elites – MileagePlus Elite customers who are also Cardmembers are eligible to receive upgrades on domestic reward tickets in the same way as with purchased tickets beginning in early 2012.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights & Metrics
United Airlines
Shannon-

Does this benefit start on 3/3? And can you explain how it works?

I see nothing on the card's website that gives any details...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Shannon-

Does this benefit start on 3/3? And can you explain how it works?

I see nothing on the card's website that gives any details...
Once all premiers on your status level have cleared, card-holders are eligible for upgrades, just like all other CPUs
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pm1125
Just activated my new ME card and was told the 2 passes would arrive in 6-8 weeks.
Same here. Unfortunately I have around 30k BIS booked between now and 8 weeks from now...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA gold
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Just got two UC passes in the mail.. surprised! Thought I would only get them on paying yearly fee after one year...
Same here. I got the card in November and got the passes today. Nice surprise.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:00 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Once all premiers on your status level have cleared, card-holders are eligible for upgrades, just like all other CPUs
Ok, but can UA tell that I'm a cardholder just by MP number?
Will I be automatically waitlisted for UDU just like a normal ticket, or do I need to call/go online to request it?

And is this indeed a published benefit of the card? I see nothing on the website to confirm that.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Another useful post by UA Insider on this benefit

Originally Posted by UA Insider
...Hi theTheme, Explorer cardmembers traveling on awards are prioritized behind the lowest revenue fare class in each Premier tier. ...

Scott O'Leary
Managing Director, Customer Solutions
United Airlines
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Ok, but can UA tell that I'm a cardholder just by MP number?
Will I be automatically waitlisted for UDU just like a normal ticket, or do I need to call/go online to request it?

And is this indeed a published benefit of the card? I see nothing on the website to confirm that.
This is a published benefit, as evidenced by UA Insider, and is on the new pss site: Complimentary Premier Upgrades.

Regarding whether this is an automatic benefit, it has been mentioned a bunch of times that it will automatically recognize you're a card-holder and you'll be placed on the list automatically. To be sure, it doesn't hurt to call ahead the first time, and ask if you're on the list, and if not, to be placed on the list.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:46 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Originally Posted by joshwex90
This is a published benefit, as evidenced by UA Insider, and is on the new pss site: Complimentary Premier Upgrades.

Regarding whether this is an automatic benefit, it has been mentioned a bunch of times that it will automatically recognize you're a card-holder and you'll be placed on the list automatically. To be sure, it doesn't hurt to call ahead the first time, and ask if you're on the list, and if not, to be placed on the list.
Thanks! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.