Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA CO Codeshare/ Website FF number question

Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:00 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver

I booked through .bomb UA SFO-ORD and a CO codeshare ORD-SFO return. On the UA website I put my MP number. On the CO website, I put my OnePass number to book an exit row. How will my RDMs and upgrades be handled?

I ask because I used to think that changing a FF number on one website of a reservation containing a codeshare would change the information on both flights. But what happens when two websites have conflicting information?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Link

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I booked through .bomb UA SFO-ORD and a CO codeshare ORD-SFO return. On the UA website I put my MP number. On the CO website, I put my OnePass number to book an exit row. How will my RDMs and upgrades be handled?

I ask because I used to think that changing a FF number on one website of a reservation containing a codeshare would change the information on both flights. But what happens when two websites have conflicting information?
Both UA and CO claim that they will consider your status on the other carrier for purposes of booking on line and UDUs. I found that was not the case. I was going out of the country on CO, and I am a UA 1K. I could not book an exit row on line, so I called. The agent fixed it, but the correct seats did not show up on UA.

My understanding of the system for UDU, is that CO flyers still have a higher priority on CO and UA on UA.

The way to fix the problem is to link the accounts. It took about 10 days, but once linked I became CO Platinum. That solved everything. I was able to book an exit row and was later upgraded to first class.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Madisonman39
My understanding of the system for UDU, is that CO flyers still have a higher priority on CO and UA on UA.

The way to fix the problem is to link the accounts. It took about 10 days, but once linked I became CO Platinum. That solved everything. I was able to book an exit row and was later upgraded to first class.
My accounts are linked. But there's the problem... Will UA recognize my MP or OP number? Ideally, I'd like the MP number on the UA flight and OP number on the CO flight...
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
My accounts are linked. But there's the problem... Will UA recognize my MP or OP number? Ideally, I'd like the MP number on the UA flight and OP number on the CO flight...
UA will recognize both. You should use both as you described (that is how they suggest it).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.