Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Dumb question about linked FF accounts (UA and CO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Gold

Hi-

I am a CO flyer, and a couple weks ago linked my UA FF# to my CO Gold status (CO primary). I can see on the UA site that I now am Premier Exec with UA. Ok, all good.

Anyway, I booked a flight for Monday, and in my receipt from my travel agent it shows the United FF number. So, that's good. However, when I log in online in my account, the reservation is not associated with the UA account. Instead when I "manage reservations" and use my eticket number, it is tied to my CO Gold FF number.

Is this correct on how it works with linked accounts? Should I have my travel agent go back in to switch me to the UA account number? Yes, my motivation is the slightly better odds of hitting the upgrade.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd skip the TA and call UA directly to get them to make sure the FF# is in the reservation correctly.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1P, Delta GM, SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
My CO and UA FF#s are often out of sync when I look at the two sites. If you are on UA metal, it's best to call UA and have them make sure your number is inputted correctly.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hardfour
My CO and UA FF#s are often out of sync when I look at the two sites. If you are on UA metal, it's best to call UA and have them make sure your number is inputted correctly.
Doing that right now, easy enough. Thanks, guys. Simple and logical answer.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Of course now it shows both my MP and OP number on my online res. I love these systems.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:01 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Linking account does not change the FF being used (crediting to) on the reservation, nor are the systems auto-selecting the "best" account.

So you need to manual set the account you wish to use for each reservation.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Linking account does not change the FF being used (crediting to) on the reservation, nor are the systems auto-selecting the "best" account.

So you need to manual set the account you wish to use for each reservation.
Thanks for the info.

I assume "manual" means calling and having them select it? There wouldn't be a way to do self service, right?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Bushdog
Hi-

I am a CO flyer, and a couple weks ago linked my UA FF# to my CO Gold status (CO primary). I can see on the UA site that I now am Premier Exec with UA. Ok, all good.

Anyway, I booked a flight for Monday, and in my receipt from my travel agent it shows the United FF number. So, that's good. However, when I log in online in my account, the reservation is not associated with the UA account. Instead when I "manage reservations" and use my eticket number, it is tied to my CO Gold FF number.

Is this correct on how it works with linked accounts? Should I have my travel agent go back in to switch me to the UA account number? Yes, my motivation is the slightly better odds of hitting the upgrade.
When this happens to me -- I usually go to the CO site, change the FF number to MP and leave it for 24 hours. It usually shows up into my MP account and I change it back to CO so that my OP account gets credited.

Hope that helps you in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.