Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ua1flyer's 10MM Lifetime BIS Flight and Celebration - 9 July 2011 [UA 942 LAX-ORD]

ua1flyer's 10MM Lifetime BIS Flight and Celebration - 9 July 2011 [UA 942 LAX-ORD]

Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA CK MM, HH Diamond, SPG Prem Plat
Turns out that I'm on that flight.

Congratulations on reaching this amazing milestone!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
IT'S OFFICIAL. The 10 million mile flight will be Saturday July 9th UA 942 LAX to ORD.
ua1flyer, congratulations on reaching this milestone! ^ I have checked my travel plans and it is likely that I will be on that flight as well, as I am in LAX for the previous two days and have a dinner in Chicago on the Sunday.

Hope to meet you on the plane.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Congratulation!
Although I would like to participate, my flight land at LAX at 5 pm on 9th.
It's pity that I really want to go but too late.
Anyway, you are amazing and have a good time!!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 4:08 am

ua1flyer, we don't know each other, but let me extend my best wishes and sincere congratulations to reaching this incredible milestone. Greetings from Japan and enjoy the day!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
ua1flyer - While we have not YET met, I would truly enjoy the chance to meet/greet a 10MM mile UA flyer!! I will plan to be at ORD for the celebration. I will likely be +1.
Email sent!!

Many thanks, many congrats!!!

Dave
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:49 am

Congratulations Tom. Wish I could be there too, but unfortunately, I can't make it. Looking forward to reading about it and seeing pics.

-David
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Congratulations, Tom ^ I'm sure the party will go well, and I'm excited to see more photos from UA and the FTers that will be in attendance! I would love to be there, but am in Maine for the next eleven weeks..

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by eightblack
Tom

I'm going to do my best to be there - and maybe even write a trip report about it! At least, I will try
I'll keep an eye out for that tr!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Congratulations Tom what a great accomplishment!

I will either by on the flight, or meet the party in ORD.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2 MM; , SPG Plat Amb/LTP, Marriott Gold, HH, Hertz Pres Circle
Congratulations! That's truly an accomplishment! I'm crossing 1mm bis on Tuesday, your tally certainly puts that in perspective. Since I do mostly domestic flying it's hard to imagine 9mm in 20 years.

I hope united truly does roll out the red carpet for you!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
as everyone else has said, congratulations. that's a pretty crazy accomplishment. ^
Old Jun 17, 2011, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
If you haven,t already emailed me to confirm ,please do soon at [email protected]. United needs your name and email address to receive an invitation.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Tom thanks for the invite. I'm on the flight and can't wait.
^
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
I am awed by this milestone. Congratulations.

My father worked his entire career as a pilot from the military through commercial up to 744's. At his retirement some 10 years ago, he had accumulated about 24,000 hours flight time.

By my math that STILL falls short of the 10M milestone! And it also spanned some 44 years of flying.

If you don't mind me asking, how many years has it taken you to reach the 10M point? Have you been with MP since it's inception?

All the best.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by climmy
I am awed by this milestone. Congratulations.

My father worked his entire career as a pilot from the military through commercial up to 744's. At his retirement some 10 years ago, he had accumulated about 24,000 hours flight time.

By my math that STILL falls short of the 10M milestone! And it also spanned some 44 years of flying.

If you don't mind me asking, how many years has it taken you to reach the 10M point? Have you been with MP since it's inception?

All the best.
Tom I think it would be cool to have a link at the bottom of your posts that would take people to a Tom FAQ section as I know you get asked all these questions constantly. Maybe someone at FT can make this happen? I'm no IT guy that is for sure.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
If you haven,t already emailed me to confirm ,please do soon at [email protected]. United needs your name and email address to receive an invitation.
Email sent - checking flights now - just trying to decide whether to come home on Sunday or Monday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.