Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ua1flyer's 10MM Lifetime BIS Flight and Celebration - 9 July 2011 [UA 942 LAX-ORD]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer's 10MM Lifetime BIS Flight and Celebration - 9 July 2011 [UA 942 LAX-ORD]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:58 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
I am def in for the flight, I just gotta figure out when I want to get into LA Friday as doing same day seems bad if I run into delays. Something tells me this LAX>ORD, will not get delayed much if any coming out of LA.

Anways I will def be taking some pictures, hopefully will be able to get them with all the crew and such too.

Time to book out a few hotels
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Congrats!

I've been a lurker for a long time, and your stories inspire me.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: MANY
[QUOTE=joshwex90;16654471]That's amazing...congratulations! You beat George Clooney!!

Congratulations! I cannot make it, but would love to see a report.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
For those of you who were asking. I am spending the night at the Hyatt Regency O'hare after the party. Nice hotel with a great lobby/sports bar for the after party...party.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:09 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
For those of you who were asking. I am spending the night at the Hyatt Regency O'hare after the party. Nice hotel with a great lobby/sports bar for the after party...party.
If I can snag a VDB on my 8pm flight, I'll ask for the Hyatt instead of the Hilton
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I stopped by the GS room at ORD this afternoon. I asked a few of the agents if they knew about this milestone. Trust me, from what they told me, this is something not to be missed. I won't go into details about this, but this is a major event in the life of United Airlines.

Gees, I'm now convinced that they like him even more than they like me...
Are you kidding? Drat! Can't believe I can't be there for this...

Tom, what else to say but congrats! I hope it's a hell of a party!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Just a little taste of just how many miles this is...

If you flew IAD-LHR every week roundtrip for 26 years, you still wouldn't hit 10,000,000 BIS...
That really does put it in some context. Another way to contextualize this - it is more than 14 roundtrips to the moon or more than 401 trips around the world.

I don't know you, but this is something I am sure not many others will ever get close on UA or any other airline! Congradulations sir!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Just got home to book my ticket, they want over $700 now to do ORD<>LAX, looks like ill have to reconsider the flight
Old Jul 2, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
There still any space for this? I conveniently left for vacation just before it was posted/announced and only just returned -- and vacationed properly, by not using the internet for anything but research on where to get the best food...
Old Jul 2, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for the invite. I'm really looking forward to being up in the front of UA942 with you to help you celebrate crossing this incredible threshold.

I'm doing it the hard way, early morning IAH to LAX first!
I'm staying at the ORD Hilton, convenient for one or more afterparties!
Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
I wonder if either SMI, J or ELL, S will be sitting next to Tom.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by AUSshouldbeahub
I wonder if either SMI, J or ELL, S will be sitting next to Tom.
ELL, S?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
I'll give it a second...see if anyone gets that reference
Old Jul 4, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by AUSshouldbeahub
I'll give it a second...see if anyone gets that reference
Sam Elliott, but I think UA will do much better for Tom! There are some great real UA captains + wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Foland or Tom O'Toole were on board &/or at the ORD party, as this is a great marketing op for UACO merger. I mean really, he is the first 10MM flyer on United, which is a unbelievable threshold & one very few will ever achieve.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelsavant
Sam Elliott, but I think UA will do much better for Tom! There are some great real UA captains + wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Foland or Tom O'Toole were on board &/or at the ORD party, as this is a great marketing op for UACO merger. I mean really, he is the first 10MM flyer on United, which is a unbelievable threshold & one very few will ever achieve.
I'd be happy to have ELL/S sit next to me.
I'd love to have Captain Denny Flanagan fly us to ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.