Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"You're going to like where we land." UA's New Ad Campaign

"You're going to like where we land." UA's New Ad Campaign

Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:35 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by joshwex90
"You will have liked where we landed"?
Remove the "have". For example, a person who does not know where they landed, but in the future, when they are informed are happy with the destination.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by fastair
Remove the "have". For example, a person who does not know where they landed, but in the future, when they are informed are happy with the destination.
*Perhaps* OT, but that's future tense, not future perfect. The main sentence is the first clause, "You will like" which is future. Then comes a subordinate clause, "where we landed" acts like an adverb, describing the "like" and what will be liked, but doesn't change the tense of the sentence.
The "have" is necessary to make it "perfect."
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
I've also noticed that United now sponsors the travel forecast on CBS4 in Denver and CBS5 in San Francisco (and probably others— I haven't seen). They show a computerized 737 flying over their weather maps beforehand.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 8:12 pm

what's up with the smaller, not as bold, ugly.fonted amd harder to see FIS gate information displays. This has.been a pet peeve of mine for aa few weeks now. Its just a small, but very irk-able step in the wrong direction. Also, when the aircraft maps are displayed, it doesn't say "United First/buisiness/economy. Just "First". Ugh, Thumbs down for a lacking the subtle attention to details that made the Pmua branding so nnice and sophisticated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.