Wiki Posts
Search

Is the RCC at SEA really available?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat
Is the RCC at SEA really available?

I noticed that the RCC at SEA is listed to be located in the transit level of the north satellite. I have a few questions: 1) I dont know how to get to the north satellite 2) What is the transit level? Is this only avaiable for people flying internationally? Sorry but i am confused by how it is described. I am familiar with the Terminal B's PC club at SEA but always wanted to see how different is the RCC. THankS!!
Old May 7, 2011, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by kuwaito
I noticed that the RCC at SEA is listed to be located in the transit level of the north satellite. I have a few questions: 1) I dont know how to get to the north satellite 2) What is the transit level? Is this only avaiable for people flying internationally? Sorry but i am confused by how it is described. I am familiar with the Terminal B's PC club at SEA but always wanted to see how different is the RCC. THankS!!
The UA gates are located in the North Satellite terminal. The RCC is adjacent to the North Satellite Train station, which is one level down from the gates.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:07 pm

The "North Satellite" terminal comprises the N gates. IIRC they are always signed as "N Gates" and not "North Satellite", so it can be a bit confusing. The N gates are served by one shuttle train, which also serves a couple areas of the main terminal. Anyway, when you take this train and get off at the N gates, instead of going up the escalator, go straight ahead to the RCC.
Old May 7, 2011, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat
Thanks guys! i made it to the RCC and let me tell you that it is a nice one. There is probably 2 guys sitting at the bar and that's it. It is nicer than the PC club at SEA. Just my opinion.
Old May 7, 2011, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks guys! i made it to the RCC and let me tell you that it is a nice one. There is probably 2 guys sitting at the bar and that's it. It is nicer than the PC club at SEA. Just my opinion.
You must live in a cave. This is one of the least attractive RCCs in the system! It's dark and dank...
Old May 9, 2011, 1:56 am
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Shareholder
You must live in a cave. This is one of the least attractive RCCs in the system! It's dark and dank...
Yes, it's the only RCC that I've been to that has no windows...very cavelike.
Old May 9, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
I was at the SEA RCC for the first time yesterday. Found the location easily thanks to this thread. Thoughts:

Basement-esque - yes
Windows/view - nope
Space - larger than the SEA PClub
Staff - very pleasant ^
Ammentities - typical RCC fare
Number of customers - busy, but not packed

All things being equal: which UACO club in SEA would I visit next time? Coin flip...

SunLover
Old May 9, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
agreed...that was one of the worse RCC's I have been to (i havent been to a lot of them)..but the ones I have, that SEA one reminded me of my friends basement back in the 80's when we used to go down there to play on his Commodore 64.

the PDX RCC even beat that one...at least there were windows
Old May 9, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS
Originally Posted by SunLover
I was at the SEA RCC for the first time yesterday. Found the location easily thanks to this thread. Thoughts:

Basement-esque - yes
Windows/view - nope
Staff - very pleasant ^

All things being equal: which UACO club in SEA would I visit next time? Coin flip...

SunLover
The PC and RCC staff at SEA are fantastic. Always friendly and willing to help. I think the PC gets a slight nudge as being "better" because of the windows and view of the airfield and the fact it is open much longer than the RCC (early morning until the 11:50 SEA-IAH flight departs). But in reality, I think they're both great.

The SEA club gets busy around 10am ... when people start showing up from NRT-SEA (#876 lands between 9am and 10am) or for the SEA-NRT flight (#875 which departs around 1:20pm).
Old May 9, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
You say "cavern", I say "cozy"

I like the SEA RCC for early-morning departures because it's cool, calm, and they have a toaster.

Also, several of the SEA RCC agents are par excellence during irrops -- I've never had a problem, but I've seen several people whose connections were jeopardized by fog in SFO promptly protected by the agents. One memorable exchange: "I'm sorry, sir, but your flight to San Francisco is delayed and may jeopardize your trip to Narita. I've rebooked you on two more United flights, but I think I can get you a more direct route. Do you happen to have a visa for transit in Canada?"
Old May 9, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Mrs. Fredd is sensitive both to mold and to mildew, and IMHO you're gilding the lily with dank.

Basement-esque - yes
Windows/view - nope
Staff - very pleasant ^

SunLover
Good summary - I'd add great and helpful to your staff comments, and add also that the access to gates is fairly convenient once you've ridden up the long escalator.

We've only visited the CO club once, just to check it out once the reciprocal privileges were announced. The employees were equally friendly but it seemed a bit small and crowded to us. There's something about a roomy basement...
Old May 9, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K 2MM
I have to simply agree--most all of the UA SEA station staff are
very helpful and often pro-active in irrops. They can't always solve one's problem, but they try. A few years ago UA started closing the RCC at 7 pm and red-eye pax were stiffed. Maybe a wander over to the PC is in order, but it's a long walk to the B concourse after taking the train back to the main terminal--you can use the shuttle train from the north end of the main terminal to the south end and then the South Satelite train to the B concourse, but it's stlll a long slog.

As for the "cave" location, --sure, it's not especially cheerful, but remember this is Seattle--where it is often dark and grey outside anyhow.

Flyer420
in Boulder

Last edited by Flyer420; May 9, 2011 at 3:04 pm Reason: additional information
Old May 13, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mherdeg

I like the SEA RCC for early-morning departures because it's cool, calm, and they have a toaster.

Also, several of the SEA RCC agents are par excellence during irrops -- I've never had a problem, but I've seen several people whose connections were jeopardized by fog in SFO promptly protected by the agents. One memorable exchange: "I'm sorry, sir, but your flight to San Francisco is delayed and may jeopardize your trip to Narita. I've rebooked you on two more United flights, but I think I can get you a more direct route. Do you happen to have a visa for transit in Canada?"
I've had similar... "Sir, I noticed your flight to SFO was cancelled and you were rebooked on the next flight. That leaves you only 1.5 hrs to make your international connection. I think we can do better, I can rebook you on Alaska Air that leaves in about 30 minutes upstairs, would that work?" <head spinning>

I must be in a UA alternate universe!

I also have found them willing to do same day confirmed changes with changed routing without issue...
Old May 17, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: United MM Alaska MP Cessna/Piper Captain

Basement-esque - yes
Windows/view - nope
Staff - very pleasant ^

SunLover
I start many trips at the RCC in SEA. The staff is great, but for amenties the RCC at NRT has it beat hands down. You know you've been there too many times when you can visualize your entire transit at NRT, right down to each step you'll take at the RCC, before you even leave SEA. And that glass of Crown Royal hits the spot after getting into NRT.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Its not dank, and the dark is attractive to a lot of people. It is naturally quieter than other RCCs and really relaxing.

Originally Posted by mherdeg

What awesome IRROPS treatment. And I like that cool and calm nature all times of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.