Wiki Posts
Search

United Club Changes/Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
United Club Changes/Improvements

Noted at DEN and ORD clubs - CO branded coffee mugs.

DEN East club now has brand new dark grey carpeting. Could new furniture be close behind?

I believe we're supposed to see harmonized food & beverage offerings in May. Let's continue to update this thread with observations!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Man, I hope the PClub food is brought up to the RCC levels and not the other way around

(and to keep it fair & balanced, the RCC could use the better free booze the PClub has)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
(and to keep it fair & balanced, the RCC could use the better free booze the PClub has)
The RCC could use the PC's bar hours too!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum/MM, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hilton HHonors Gold
I was at the ORD Concourse C RCC the other day, and there was a whole area that was sectioned off-- looked like they were doing some sort of renovations...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
The RCC could use the PC's bar hours too!
And their more generous offerings.

To be charged $6 for Sam Adams, but Yeungling is given for free is very odd to me. (PHL RCC)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by JDS@LAX
I was at the ORD Concourse C RCC the other day, and there was a whole area that was sectioned off-- looked like they were doing some sort of renovations...
Yes, I believe they are replacing the carpet. I am there weekly and sections have been "plastic'd" off for the past month or two. Didn't notice if the furniture was replaced?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Man, I hope the PClub food is brought up to the RCC levels and not the other way around

Word.

PC food is gross.

RCC booze is gross.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat

Not that this is ever going to happen, but PClub offerings degraded dramatically in the last few years to the extent that I'd be happy if they just rolled back the clock to what was "normal" on the CO side a few years back!

Been doing a lot of Int'l lately, and it's a really jarring experience to go from the RCC in HKG to the one in ORD-B. Or *A in LHR to PClub EWR... Given the upgrades/enhancements like free WiFi, power, better furniture and improved concourse food offerings now available in many US airports, I have to admit that even if they "improved" the lounges to current-day parity with each other, it'd still be a hard sell to maintain membership w/o Int'l travel in the mix. (And, of course *G gets you that anyhow, so maybe paid membership isn't necessary regardless!!)

I'd love it if RCC/PClub quality improved in Sept '11 when the AmEx deal expires, and (theoretically) there will be fewer people in the lounges, each of whom is directly contributing greater revenue. But somehow I doubt that there's any kind of reinvestment like that in the cards...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by UNITED959
RCC booze is gross.
I quite like the Cruzan well rum.. I'm happy if it stays.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:16 pm

^ My thoughts exactly. What ever happened to the food offerings at the PC's?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Word.

PC food is gross.

RCC booze is gross.
Whatever, keep the individual bags of chips.

But Dearest UA (And Jeff by proxy). PLEASE FIX THE RCC at the ORD F GATES!

PWEEEESE!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Whatever, keep the individual bags of chips.

But Dearest UA (And Jeff by proxy). PLEASE FIX THE RCC at the ORD F GATES!

PWEEEESE!
Spot on. First time I stepped in here (about 3 weeks ago), I was floored. It is here that I'm glad that I also have a DL SkyClub membership too. Far superior product than the RCC for ORD F gates.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP via status match, COdbaUA 1K
Food offerings at JFK could certainly use some sprucing up.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by i_fly_to_much
Spot on. First time I stepped in here (about 3 weeks ago), I was floored. It is here that I'm glad that I also have a DL SkyClub membership too. Far superior product than the RCC for ORD F gates.
Yep. The DL club at ORD is worth the annual cost for me (not to mention when I go to JAX, MKE even IAD where you can use the Air France club when the LH one is closed).
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
Yep. The DL club at ORD is worth the annual cost for me (not to mention when I go to JAX, MKE even IAD where you can use the Air France club when the LH one is closed).
I'm assuming that you're using DL when you're flying on CO at MKE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.