Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD - Domestic Priority Security Access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:15 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I went through the elite line near 1K c/i on Sun. 4/3 at 7:00 a.m. and only 1-2 people were ahead of me.

The elite line fed into the WTMD, while the general line fed into the ATI (x-ray scan) machines.
Old May 26, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
With the new "Premier Access" at 2:00 this afternoon, it was a 40-minute wait for domestic priority security at the former 1K/First line. TSA was fully-staffed, so this was a direct result of the change now allowing lower-tier elites.

(I also checked the line past the Global Services office, and it was very, very long.)
Old May 26, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
long wait

At 4:30 today the line past gs took 30 minutes.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, CO: Plat, DL: Elite
Originally Posted by wxguy
... , so this was a direct result of the change now allowing lower-tier elites.
All elites have had access to priority screening lines at ORD. This is nothing new. My recent experience is that the line was slow when they were using the body scanner and much faster when they use the metal detectors.

I have heard that there is talk of letting frequent flyers get an abbreviated screening process. About time .. for pc reasons I will not say anything more.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
With the new "Premier Access" at 2:00 this afternoon, it was a 40-minute wait for domestic priority security at the former 1K/First line. TSA was fully-staffed, so this was a direct result of the change now allowing lower-tier elites.

(I also checked the line past the Global Services office, and it was very, very long.)
No, just a normal pre-Memorial Day weekend event at ORD. No new elite members are being allowed through, it is exactly the same as before.
Old May 26, 2011, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RichFisher
... , so this was a direct result of the change now allowing lower-tier elites.
All elites have had access to priority screening lines at ORD. This is nothing new.
This Is my sentiment exactly. I've been a 2P most of my years when I lived in Chicago, and priority security has always been a benefit there.

For the times when the line next to priority check in used to get long, I would walk to the checkpoint at the end of T1, that let's you in by the hall leading to T2. That line never seems to be too busy.
Old May 26, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Maybe he is making reference to the new elite members from Continental (although those were also already using the priority line)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.