Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR, IAD, SFO, ORD, and IAH; Which CO/United Clubs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt

I am a new RCC member. I have a la carte'd in the past. I have several DFW-PEK flights coming up. Before my flights routed me through SFO; ORD but now I am seeing possible time in IAH, IAD; EWR.

I haven't flown to the east cost in over a decade. I have a very big bad taste in my mouth for EWR having been stuck there for 15 hours when I was a graduate student decades ago. In my mind it is a long terminal with beige cinder block walls and nothing to eat or do.

So if the connecting city is an option which should I chose, EWR, IAD, SFO ;ORD? How is IAH?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If the domestic RCC, SFO is probably the best (although I may be biased).

No sure I would chose my routing best on any of the CO/UA lounges. None of them are that special. Other factors such as total travel time, customs/immigration entering the US, layover time, domestic flight aircraft, .... would come first.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If the domestic RCC, SFO is probably the best (although I may be biased).

No sure I would chose my routing best on any of the CO/UA lounges. None of them are that special. Other factors such as total travel time, customs/immigration entering the US, layover time, domestic flight aircraft, .... would come first.
The total times from DFW aren't more than +/- an hour plus lay over from the direct connection to PEK hence the RCC inquiry.

Customs/immigrations with GobalEntry in SFO and ORD is a breeze.

Yes, the first thing is the issues you point out but was wondering if the RCC if all things relatively equal should be considered.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
EWR: The CO and UA lounges are in different terminals
IAD: The LH lounge in the B Concourse blows the doors (and rats) off any of the three RCCs in D/C.
SFO: The CO and UA lounges are in different terminals
ORD: I'd go with any of the three RCC in the B (2) or C (1) Concourses, whichever is closest to my depature gate. The one in F is really bad.
IAH: I'll leave to the CO folks to chime in, but the Presidents Club in Terminal E was very nice.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Michael D
So if the connecting city is an option which should I chose, EWR, IAD, SFO ;ORD? How is IAH?
IMhO.... defference in hub RCC's would carry no weight in my decision. IME, they are all pretty equal.

FWIW, if it was me (and this is FT)... I would go for the longest (most miles) routing.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:42 pm

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
IMhO.... defference in hub RCC's would carry no weight in my decision. IME, they are all pretty equal.
+1.

The domestic RCCs are not that special. At least not special enough to making a routing change for. Though the somewhat recent additions of free alcohol (no premium drinks), and internet have them better than before. I am generally happy with them, but they do not match some of the foreign RCC locations like NRT & HKG.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
imo, IAH E PC blows SFO RCC away. Not only for the showers, but also because of the three levels of space with lots of glass offering nice views of the gates/tarmac.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
SFO: The CO and UA lounges are in different terminals
And the CO PClub is closing in 4 weeks. May 9th is the last day CO operations will happen in the existing space; they are moving in with UA on the 10th.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Consider some PC in IAH (2) and EWR (2) have showers.

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
imo, IAH E PC blows SFO RCC away. Not only for the showers, but also because of the three levels of space with lots of glass offering nice views of the gates/tarmac.
The bigger it is, the crowder it gets.

IAH PCs are just like EWR PCs, always jam packed, line for showers. (one time I have to wait for 30 min for a shower at 6:30am !) If I always have trouble finding seats (many times in the EWR PC by gate C100s, I can only get a seat near the bar, or in the work stations behind the showers ! Same situation in IAH PCs by C33 and E12), what is the nice views of the gates/tarmac good for ?

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Apr 11, 2011 at 8:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.