Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Connection problem at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Help! Connection problem at IAD

I'm connecting later today at IAD through to domestic, UAL->UAL.

When I checked in at LHR I was told that the flight was delayed and I wouldn't make my connection. They gave me a new BP for a later flight with a confirmed seat.

However while the flight change is showing up online, my seat shows as 'NA'. Am I going to get stranded at IAD for the night? Is there an easy way to double check with United as a CO *G?

Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:02 am

Yes, if your ticket is from a Continental stock (starts with 005), call Continental and ask for the United airlines record locator. Then, call United, have them pull up your United record locator and then find out if you have a confirmed seat and ask if they can assign your seat assignment. Good luck!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
What's going on today at LHR? My wife's flight to IAD just got cancelled!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Uniter
What's going on today at LHR? My wife's flight to IAD just got cancelled!
According to flightstats, delay index at LHR is very low. Mechanical problem, perhaps?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Thank you. Very glad I re-booked as the flight was late. All seems to be in order, it's just a glitch with the web site on code shares and post-check-in-changes.

The problem at LHR was a hardware issue as far as I know. They pulled the 4pm flight so the 12pm was totally full. Most of the people who got moved only found out when they turned up to check in.

The GAs and other United staff have been universally helpful today, and E+ was pretty good even on a full 777 (albeit in the best seat - front of E+ with no seat in front - but the rest looked OK).

Apart from United boarding process, the food and no at-seat power everything else was at least as good as CO.

I'd take this flight over a CO-757 (unless I had a seat in row 7) but not before a CO-777 with any good exit row seat.

EDIT: Bud Light at the IAD RCC? I'm never flying UA again. That's just wrong.

Last edited by rruaco; Apr 7, 2011 at 3:13 pm
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
My wife had very different feelings about UA customer service than you! She called to try and rebook her 4pm flight and was told she was placed on a BA flight to BWI. We she asked how she was supposed to get to Dulles, the agent on the phone basically said she had no idea.

Luckily, the BA agents at LHR were spectacular and found her a seat on a BA flight to IAD in C. When my remarked how much better they are than UA customer service, the agent replied, "Well, perhaps next time you'll book through British Airways."

Someone just needs to explain to my wife than I don't have any miles with them ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.