Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Open Letter to Our Son, Excellency, President Smisek

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:58 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Our son, Excellency,
President Smisek
U.S.A of Chicagoland

We have been hurt more morally that physically because of what had happened against us in both deeds and words by you. Despite all this you will always remain our son whatever happened. We still pray that you continue to be president of the United. We Endeavour and hope that you will gain victory in the new merger. You are a man who has enough courage to annul a wrong and mistaken action. I am sure that you are able to shoulder the responsibility for that. Enough evidence is available, Bearing in mind that you are the president of the strongest airline in the world nowadays, and since Continental is waging an unjust war against a small airport of a developing city. This County had already been subjected to burning river and Drew Cary, furthermore it also suffered a direct aggression during People's Express time. This city is Cleveland. Hence, to serving world peace . . . Friendship between our peoples . . . and for the sake of not having to connect to get everywhere, you are in a position to keep CLE for good and give flying machines not powered by rubber bands. As you know too well democracy and building of civil aviation cannot be achieved by means of ERJs, props and Concourse D, or by backing regional carriers. You — yourself — said on many occasions, one of them in the IAH Do, I was witness to that personally, that your servant Continental is not responsible for the dreaded turkey sandwiches of Chelsea. That your servant Continental helps only. This is the right logic. Our dear son, Excellency, Jeffrey Smisek, your intervention is the name of the metropolis CLE is a must, so that your servant Continental would withdraw finally from the EWR and move lock, stock and 777 to CLE. IAH should be left to Texans with cows for aircraft tugs. ORD and IAD end in D which I don't have to tell you mean bad. Remove them in favor CLE.

The problem now stands as follows:-
1. There is Continental intervention ergonomically as well as gastronomically with torture seats and stink food.
2. Suffering conducted by regional carrier gangs that have been sardining passengers by force refused to allow people to sit comfortably to their normal life, and carry on with exercising their legs, not to mention social people's power as usual.
3. Sheriff at door. I must away. My tent in The Flats is being foreclosed.

Mu'aumer RNE
Leader of the Revolution
Cleveland 5.6.2011
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Remove ORD and IAD in favor of CLE?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
His post is a wonderful piece of art NOT to be taken seriously!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RNE
Mu'aumer RNE
Leader of the Revolution
Cleveland 5.6.2011
A letter from the future!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I wouldn't mind if they got rid of IAD...Lower A gates and that tin can of a terminal. Or, they took over the international A/B Keep the Vino Vollo, at least.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Viva la Clev-o-lution! With a Smisek stroke of the pen, Cleveland could become the next Silicon Valley, Financial Capital, & gastonomer's paradise (French Laundry to open a satellite restaurant in CLE).
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA*S/Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
A letter from the future!
A quick check of wikipedia reveals May 6 to be Robespierre's birthday...quite the subtle message
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.431 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Classic, RNE! ^ I just boarded a flight at IAD and I'm having to stifle my belly laughs! Very well done.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Bulldog83
A quick check of wikipedia reveals May 6 to be Robespierre's birthday...
But what about June 5 (which is what Robespierre would mean by 5.6)?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But what about June 5 (which is what Robespierre would mean by 5.6)?
June 8 was festival of the Supreme being and also the same day Louis XVII died. That's about as close as you get to 6/5 and Robespierre.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Given the options of IAD A gates, or ORD F gates... I'll take CLE any gate in a heartbeat.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Dear CLE,

See: STL. You're going to be a great focus city for WN.

Sad thing is this thread is apparently too 'on-topic' to be in "The Penalty Box".

Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:01 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this in the new UA (consolidated) forum.

l'etoile
UA co-moderator
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ande777emt
June 8 was festival of the Supreme being and also the same day Louis XVII died.
Also my b-day. Explains a lot
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
That will be fine as long as all the folks in Chicago and DC (myself included) move to CLE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.