Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase CO and UA Biz cards possible to get both?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond

I currently have a Chase UA biz card ( over 10+ years) I was wondering if anyone had been successful in getting a CO biz card without canceling the UA one or the other way around. Just looking for some last minute CO miles before the merger swallows them whole.

Citi does not allow more than one biz card. I was wondering if Chase did this as well.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
They allow more than 1
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:08 pm

not specifically with co and ua cards, but chase does have a limit on the total number of cards and total credit line they'll extend to a customer
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dchoe
... total credit line they'll extend to a customer
appears so ... in my case applying for OP VISA cc, my MP VISA cc LoC was reduced by the new OP VISA LoC.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
not specifically with co and ua cards, but chase does have a limit on the total number of cards and total credit line they'll extend to a customer
I believe it is 6 cards and your total credit line limit can be very high if you are very credit worthy.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Definitely possible, just got the CO card and already have the UA card. Chase has extended me way more aggregate credit line than I could ever use, but it is at its max. When I applied for the BA card last year and CO card recently, they just call and ask if it's OK to move around some CL from another card(s) for the new one.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:20 am

Do they ever waive the annual fee for signing up for either one?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Definitely possible, just got the CO card and already have the UA card. Chase has extended me way more aggregate credit line than I could ever use, but it is at its max. When I applied for the BA card last year and CO card recently, they just call and ask if it's OK to move around some CL from another card(s) for the new one.
Agreed! Long time Mileage Plus Visa Platinum holder...signed up for the UA Visa Select and then the CO Onepass Plus MasterCard within a month of each other. Currently really only using the Select but received all mileage bonuses and statement credits.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:19 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I jumped at the CO card a few weeks ago to compliment my UA card. Was surprised to get a limit equal to my UA card. Throw in my Marriott card, and my total credit limit with Chase is closer to 1/2 of my annual household income than it is to 1/3. Guess the credit scare is over!

Speaking of, while I was elated to get my first month of card-charged miles to my OP account, anyone know how long it takes to get the 25K miles? It's been like 6 weeks now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.